Main Menu

Where do you farm essences for SoD visible gear?

Started by Azire, March 24, 2009, 10:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camikazi

Quote from: wildwaters on April 07, 2009, 02:31:55 PM
I do hiding in plain sight for tier 4

Does this named pop after 15 min or min number mob kill? I keep seeing both and have no clue which is real wya to get him to pop.

wildwaters

Hiding in plain site the named pops with in 15 minutes of entering the zone and his pop is accompanied by text in red.

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=32897

The posts by arkadykappy are posts my brother made after confirming with me and are about the only accurate posts >.<

You do not have to hail anyone or do any stupid shit, you don't even have to kill if you don't want too. Zone in wait 15 minutes kill named or get new instanced.

Camikazi

Quote from: wildwaters on April 07, 2009, 10:44:45 PM
Hiding in plain site the named pops with in 15 minutes of entering the zone and his pop is accompanied by text in red.

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=32897

The posts by arkadykappy are posts my brother made after confirming with me and are about the only accurate posts >.<

You do not have to hail anyone or do any stupid shit, you don't even have to kill if you don't want too. Zone in wait 15 minutes kill named or get new instanced.

Good to know, those posts on Alla were confusing the hell out of me, I was waiting 15 min and killing around 25 mobs just ot be sure :P

Latang

I must admit I've changed my tone on the instanced stuff. Thanks to the wonderful advice of Camikazi I box 3 chars (4 if it's available) and get 3/4 instances. Killed Bite a LOT of times now, but the drop rate isn't as cool as I'd like. I'm only getting them for my zerker, but missing only bp and 1 wrist now.

Tier 3 bp comes from Bite? Or do I need to camp the KL named?

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

Camikazi

Quote from: Latang on April 08, 2009, 04:33:19 AM
I must admit I've changed my tone on the instanced stuff. Thanks to the wonderful advice of Camikazi I box 3 chars (4 if it's available) and get 3/4 instances. Killed Bite a LOT of times now, but the drop rate isn't as cool as I'd like. I'm only getting them for my zerker, but missing only bp and 1 wrist now.

Tier 3 bp comes from Bite? Or do I need to camp the KL named?

From what I have seen instanced named can drop any and all essences, I got all my BPs for T3 from Bite

wildwaters

Yeah all the named instance mobs seem to be able to drop any essence but the drop rates are horrible because of the random drop rate per slot.

If I wanted to really camp a specific slot I personally would go with a camp that dropped that slot in one of the several zones where they drop.

In reality for my situation the instances are the way to go.

a good tier three instance as well is http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=4722
the named golem is easy to find and get to. I believe he spawns and paths around the end of that long hall that leads from the zone line to the big central circle that drops down a few levels. We did that mission a few times and the laggards always aggro him and I have to run back quickly and kill him hehe.

I also do the hatchery but the named is a pain to split out for mteh other mobs.

Camikazi

Have you tried the Hiding in Plain Sight mission since patch? I have run 12 instances so far and not one named, has he always been that rare or am I just having back luck.

wildwaters

I havent tried it recently but I think I had some pretty horrible streaks and then Id get him back to back to back. SoD and SoF are really random when it comes to names and drops. 12 instances seems like a huge bad luck streak though. Are you waiting the full 15 minutes? I usually make sure I satrt caounting from whe nI get to teh circle camp just to make sure I give a full 15 minutes.

I bet you just have sucky luck like my mage friend >.<

GL to you, and I'll run a few tonight after raids maybe or maybe tomorrow to seee if its just you or not.

-wild

Camikazi

Quote from: wildwaters on April 09, 2009, 02:48:56 PM
I havent tried it recently but I think I had some pretty horrible streaks and then Id get him back to back to back. SoD and SoF are really random when it comes to names and drops. 12 instances seems like a huge bad luck streak though. Are you waiting the full 15 minutes? I usually make sure I satrt caounting from whe nI get to teh circle camp just to make sure I give a full 15 minutes.

I bet you just have sucky luck like my mage friend >.<

GL to you, and I'll run a few tonight after raids maybe or maybe tomorrow to seee if its just you or not.

-wild

I have waited around 20 min (or more when i get distracted watching TV) counting from when I zoned into instance.

wildwaters

got  a named after 4th instance and dropped medial wrist - grats poisonwaters (my sk).

Camikazi

Quote from: wildwaters on April 10, 2009, 06:00:56 AM
got  a named after 4th instance and dropped medial wrist - grats poisonwaters (my sk).

This zone hates me :/

wildwaters

>.<

I will try some more tonight but I have to run tosk theme progression for some friends so I may not able to squeeze too many in. One thing I have noticed is that medials are rare. I think out of like 15 kills maybe ive gotten 2 or 3 medials ;/ I'll try and keep better count.

wildwaters

So I did a few more of these

1st night 5 instances 1 named.
2nd night 6 instances 0 named
3rd time 2 instances 0 named

/shrug never was that bad before >.<

I'll do some more later

Kanan

I'll have to try more again soon for the t5 one (Studying the Portal), and we got lucky I guess and got it on the only one I was able to do.  Granted, it was arms/legs, which I don't want ><
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Karve

I got faction for Precipice of War at last, 1st attempt, Chandra spawned just before 15 minutes.

Me and my trusty 84 mage.
Loaded the mage pet with AA buffs, clicked every clicky I had, put both mercs (now T5's) to reactive and went to town.

What a fight, she hits hard and the rampage was mad, I live through the last minute of the fight with about 200hp and her on 1% of life, all pets dead, me trying to get nukes off between summonings.
I landed a 5k and 11k crit and she died! It was a rush, I have to say tho, damn close. I'd recommend either lots more aa's and a merc tank / friends/real tank for her but shes doable.

The really nice thing was she dropped the T5 BP essence :)

I just had to smile at that :)

Professional Mad Bastard.