Main Menu

Where do you farm essences for SoD visible gear?

Started by Azire, March 24, 2009, 10:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razimir

Quote from: Karve on April 19, 2009, 01:15:28 PM
I got faction for Precipice of War at last, 1st attempt, Chandra spawned just before 15 minutes.

Killing her with my warrior box + bst and 2 merc healers. Warrior is SoD group geared and tanks much better than merc tanks. I have cleric + t5 tank + bst + t5 healer combo too and there is no way that merc tank stays up with that combo (tested only once though, but tank went down fast). Guildies have killed that named with t5 tank merc, but they had 2x healer mercs too.

-Raz

Kanan

oh, t3 arms/legs essence farming: lich named in hatchery was pretty easy honestly.  Took for-bloody-ever, but it was easy camp to do.  Just set up on far side of room, up on the ledge, pull the near guy up there, then one on left if facing the trio over there, then pull the remaining duo, burn the non-PH, then slowly kill the PH to break the spawn up.

I think I got like 6 AAs camping it =/ Took 4 spawns to get my essence.  Got all 3 other drops that he had too.  Got a lotta reading done too ;p

t4 arm/legs essence farming: another easy, yet boring camp: ulgren T-something.  He's alone.  I took him pretty unprepared (I was mostly buffed when he agro'd (I was sitting too close), but had to do haste midfight), but handled him.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

wildwaters

Quote from: Karve on April 19, 2009, 01:15:28 PM
I got faction for Precipice of War at last, 1st attempt, Chandra spawned just before 15 minutes

Yeah I have been gearing up friends and trying to get medials for my sk but I said 'WTH' and tried this yesterday.

Spawned her about 5-6 times (seems to spawn 1/3ish).

I tanked with my 85 sk. 1000 aa and 4630 ac 23900 hp unbuffed. He only died 1-2 times out of all the killing we did (was pulling doubles on trash too and sometimes getting add with the named). The problem is his hp is rather low and so if he got a nasty round he would come close to dropping. Id say even if you had a few hundred less ac and a few thousand more hp it would be easier. /shrug.

Razimir

Quote from: wildwaters on April 20, 2009, 04:20:43 PM
I tanked with my 85 sk. 1000 aa and 4630 ac 23900 hp unbuffed. He only died 1-2 times out of all the killing we did (was pulling doubles on trash too and sometimes getting add with the named). The problem is his hp is rather low and so if he got a nasty round he would come close to dropping. Id say even if you had a few hundred less ac and a few thousand more hp it would be easier. /shrug.

Defensive disc is great for this type of stuff, it would be 50/50 fight without one for my warrior. He got decent grp gear (0 raid pieces) and 800's AAs. Aggro seems to be much better than with merc tank, I can fully burn with my bst and not care aggro too much.

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/332709

Another good thing about these instances are, that aug drop rates are doubled compared to non instanced zones (so I have been told).

-Raz

Sharrien

This morning I went to the Hatchery to camp Eazack for a chest essence.  Spawned on first pop and then again on the next pop and then yet again!  I don't think I've ever seen 3 back to back to back named anywhere before.  Got his ring, 2 augs and a chest essence, not bad for only being on-line for an hour before work!  :-D
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Mazame

geared 3 complete char and many other I helped to get dropps. I camped every camp.

T3 Bp = hatchory / Kurns
All other T3 = Kurns
T3 hands wrist = Kurns / slact

T4 = Tock center pull all 5 named
T4 Leg = upstairs
T4 Bp = RCC tree camp

T5 BP Korafax  any BP dropper they all are ok drop rates
T5 other drop = 5 spawn in RCOD

Sharrien

OK, so I wanted a better mana/hp regen click for my beast so I decided to run Cruel Overseers until I got Graknor to drop his earring.  I also need just about (note, just about) any type essence, so I figured this was a great way to kill two birds.  I had an unusual amount of play time last Saturday and started churning out instances first thing in the morning.  Took most of the day until raid time started, but I finally got my earring after like 8 or 9 named spawns.  Along the way the pig also dropped three T4 chest essences. Great!  That's the only freakkin slot that I have completed to T5 on both my toons!  :x

Oh well, I made some guildies happy, but it still burns my butt that I got that many essences to drop and couldn't use a damn one.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre