Main Menu

Where do you farm essences for SoD visible gear?

Started by Azire, March 24, 2009, 10:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azire

I have been grabbing the instanced missions Audience with the Warmaster, The Price of Knowledge, and Dragonbane Phalanx(sp). It seems I get a named one in every 5 missions with the named dropping an essence maybe every other time. Is there a better place to farm these essences?

Also any suggestions on farming essences for tier 4 and 5 are appreciated.

Latang

I can't STAND doing that instanced crap. I did it for 4 hours, got nada from price of knowledge... gods what a crap time that was. Every s.o.b. in the game ganks FoS named as soon as they pop, tho, so it's the only option. Still, gods i hate it. Any better advice would be loved here too

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

Camikazi

Quote from: Latang on March 25, 2009, 01:18:20 PM
I can't STAND doing that instanced crap. I did it for 4 hours, got nada from price of knowledge... gods what a crap time that was. Every s.o.b. in the game ganks FoS named as soon as they pop, tho, so it's the only option. Still, gods i hate it. Any better advice would be loved here too

For T3 essences I did the first Jaled'Dar mission (Audience with the Warmaster), Bite popped about 50% of the time for me (course I was running 4-5 instances at a time). I got most of the 40 gems I needed (Beastlord, Ranger, Chanter, Mage and Necro) in that mission, rest I got in FoS from named there.

Damim

Grab a ranger or druid friend and hit FoS.  It's the easiest/fastest way (for T3) to go about it. 

Sharrien

I set up south of Jaled on the edge of the plateau.  From there you have easy access to spawns of Naskado, Oracle (confrimed) and some animals (ancient bonegrinder and Festersting confirmed).  You just have to be quick so that someone with a druid or ranger friend doesn't swoop in and snatch them!
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Kanan

t3 chest is doable w/o too much work from the Lt. at the top of Kurns.  For a group geared bst, you'd want some friends along.  What I'd recommend doing is getting a book, killing the ph until the named pops & call some friends ;p

For fairly well geared bst, just break out the merc.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

nedoirah

I grouped with a few people and got my T4 bp essence from murdunk's last stand instance.

Praxxis

So far I've got a full suit of tier 3 on my Bst and 3 on my wizard.  I've gotten all of them by running around FoS killing anything I see.  I have been lucky 2 times with essences rotting in the early parts of the morning when only like 7 people are in the zone.  If there are more than 20, then I don't even bother being out there.  As others were saying people ganking nameds super fast with their trackers.

With a tier 5 tank merc and tier 5 healer merc on reactive.  My Bst/Wiz combo burns them down pretty good.  I only have to use FPoS on my merc as a HoT when fighting Fluttershade due to that annoying AE Silence.

jdpatt

For T3 essences I did the first Jaled'Dar mission (Audience with the Warmaster), Bite popped about 50% of the time for me (course I was running 4-5 instances at a time). I got most of the 40 gems I needed (Beastlord, Ranger, Chanter, Mage and Necro) in that mission, rest I got in FoS from named there.

How do you pop multiple instances at a time?  I'm assuming you grab one instance with each toon (multiboxing), but how do you get all of them together to engage the named?  You can remove yourself from the mission if the named doesn't pop, but how do you join a mission with the toons that have nameds up?

Sorry if it's a noob question, but I left EQ around the time that instances became the rage, and guess I haven't learned the tricks.  I have a few more slots to fill on my little multiboxed army, and I just finished FoS progression and I'm a little burned out on the FoS experience...
Divedet Ective 85 Rogue
The Rathe server
Tibert McSoulpole 85 Cleric
Winladdar McSoulpole 85 Druid
Divesbl McSoulpole 85 Beastlord
Rieko Likesricecakes 85 Warrior (on long term loan from a friend)
Ronam McSoulpole 85 Magician

Khauruk

There's some goofiness w/ the FoS ones where I think you can request w/ only one player (Camikazi can provide details), and it only takes one person to keep it open.  Maybe it's request w/ 3, and can remove 2 of them.

You can also /taskaddplayer playername to add somebody to any task, unless they "lock" at a certain point.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

jdpatt

Quote from: Khauruk on March 29, 2009, 01:08:17 PM
There's some goofiness w/ the FoS ones where I think you can request w/ only one player (Camikazi can provide details), and it only takes one person to keep it open.  Maybe it's request w/ 3, and can remove 2 of them.

You can also /taskaddplayer playername to add somebody to any task, unless they "lock" at a certain point.

Thanks, gotta give that a try.

Dave
Divedet Ective 85 Rogue
The Rathe server
Tibert McSoulpole 85 Cleric
Winladdar McSoulpole 85 Druid
Divesbl McSoulpole 85 Beastlord
Rieko Likesricecakes 85 Warrior (on long term loan from a friend)
Ronam McSoulpole 85 Magician

Camikazi

Quote from: Khauruk on March 29, 2009, 01:08:17 PM

You can request any of the 5 with one person and it only takes one person to keep them open, and as far as I can tell the first and second mission only lock once the final mob is dead (since that accomplishes all the goals of the mission) the rest have hails or turn ins so won't lock till then.

I run 4 missions (one on Beastlord, Ranger, Monk and Mage) and hope I get a max of 3 (takes me and ranger to kill named safely) then I just move characters around to get Bst and Ranger together in same instance and monk and Mage holding other instances open.

Vidyne

I take the named solo with merc, but he's a tough one and I used fortify companion and switch tank with pet and myself.  I can't trust the cleric to keep me up solo, therefore I use dragonscale and promised on my pet while i'm tanking, so when I peel off, it can last until I get healed.

Karve

I did all T3 from Audience with the warmaster for both mains. Wrists are the pita rare here though, and I probably dropped an additional 20 odd  essences while waiting fo rthe last wrist.

T4 from various mobs in Toskkirak

T5's from the Precipice of war instance - Chadra can pop 1 in 3 average, she drops every essence although the bP is ass rare and I haven't got my T4 bp yet.

Professional Mad Bastard.

wildwaters

Hehe, I absolutely refuse to do anything but instances for the actual essence drops now. They seem to be pretty rare but I HATE competition >.<

With the nerfed drop rates the rate of drop in instances is retarded. /shrug

The good news is those lovely non visibles that drop are great for making friends.

I think I do audience/brood of an emperor dor tier 3

I do hiding in plain sight for tier 4

and for tier five the same as karve - precipice of war (allthough if I can find a really high dpser and CoD is open I will go and split names from deep in  with sk and just farm 4-6 phs).