Main Menu

Dragons!

Started by Kanan, April 20, 2009, 02:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kanan

What's other's progress on this with a single group?

It was a blast that way.  Can't imagine how much less fun it would be raid style.

We made it to vish... just couldn't deal with the shadows effectively with the single group.  I hope we can design better group and deal with it though.  The lil drakes from the eggs may become an issue since I dont' think one person is sufficient dps to kill em before popping.  They're weak tho, so meh.

Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Praxxis

My group consisted of a War, boxed cleric, Wiz(me), J5 merc cleric, ranger, Pal, & boxed Shm outside of group.  We cleared up to Vish and decided to give up since we struggled with mana on Yar`Lir.

Nusa

This happens to be a case where the answer to the question is published and available for anyone to see:
http://www.everquest.com/eq10th/#leaderBoards, select #5 dragons, select "group waves complete", pick a server in the pulldown and hit GO. You can drill down to individual player names if you want by clicking on guild names.

To summarize, the vast majority of groups are stopped by step 13, Vishimtar. The groups who can beat Vishimtar are stopped by step 17, Lethar 2.0. A few extremely select groups have beaten Lethar. I really doubt step 18, Big Bynn, can be beaten with a single group at this time, but I'm sure someone is trying.

On the raid side, progress is generally matched to how advanced the guild is. Those that have already beaten Crystallos can be expected to complete all 20 waves, while those that haven't will generally be able to redo all the content they've already done. There is a 3-hour clock on the raid version, so that's a factor too.

Inphared

Quote from: Nusa on April 20, 2009, 08:58:10 PM
I really doubt step 18, Big Bynn, can be beaten with a single group at this time

A few of us will make you eat those words like you've been starving in the desert for weeks!

Camikazi

Have gotten to Vish with Beastlord, Ranger, Necro, 2 Healer Mercs and 1 T5 Tank Merc, wasn't too hard really, Vish on the other hand was a bit much, will retry eventually, just gotta get started early to have time for it.

Nusa

Quote from: Inphared on April 20, 2009, 09:35:57 PM
Quote from: Nusa on April 20, 2009, 08:58:10 PM
I really doubt step 18, Big Bynn, can be beaten with a single group at this time

A few of us will make you eat those words like you've been starving in the desert for weeks!

I look forward to it. I live in a desert, after all.

Nusa

Changes just pushed to test will make it easier for groups and weak raids to get farther, assuming they bother to redo the event between the live push (I don't know when) and the end of the event:
Quote# After reviewing the difficulty curve of the Dragons players fight in the "Dragons, Dragons, Dragons" raid we determined that it made more sense for players to fight the mighty Dragon Vishimtar *after* the dragons of Relic, rather than before. The event has been modified to reflect this.
# The expansion requirement for the "Dragons, Dragons, Dragons" event has been removed.

I personally disagree with retuning competitive events in mid-event, but it is what it is.

Catnip_Inny

Any particular strat work well with vish?  Kiter a must or just have to have a ton of good gear and know ur shit lol?  We gotto Vish pretty easily.. think we got lucky with KEss not having a tracker though...

nedoirah

I 3-boxed with my 85 bst 81 cleric and 77 mage and got up to Quarm easily enough. I wasn't prepared for the adds or I might have gotten him too.

Inphared

Nusa

I am suitably impressed.