Main Menu

Sha's Revenge

Started by larzzus, January 24, 2004, 03:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larzzus

Well, I woke up this morning and checked my trader, 4.5k sold overnight - very nice.  Hmm..okay I have 36k now (a little over), lets take a depressed look at the state of Sha's revenge, etc.  OMG, someone is selling for 35k.

I took another decision and snapped this up leaving myself 1.6k, lol.  Scribed it and looking forward to testing it out this evening once we have got a bit more sorted here.

Everyone I have spoken to regarding this compared to our 50% version say's its much better.  Any ideas where I can prove to myself that this is indeed a significant increase over our previous version?

I'm so glad I've finished saving for this damn spell.  I suspect I'll get a BoT group tonight and win a rune, lol.

What I have found out is a few nifty ways of increasing my cash should I need.  Its taken me just over 3 weeks to save this much and I have taken some nice bits off my necro but there ya go.  Time to play the beastlord alot!

Larzzus
Larzzus - 65 Feral Lord on The Nameless
Spirit Callers

Tastian

"Any ideas where I can prove to myself that this is indeed a significant increase over our previous version?"

Everywhere.  Seriously just log-in and try casting it on yourself.  The reduction in casting time between advantage and revenge is huge imo.  Then just pull a mob you've fought before and watch it.  Or even pull with 60 slow, then stick 65 after a bit and watch the hits slow down.  It really is an awesome upgrade and congrats on finally getting it.  I'm sure you'll notice the difference right away and you'll always be glad you have it.

larzzus

I did.  I went to PoN where I'd been dossing around before grinding some AA.

What a difference!  I had an add at one point, slowed them both and tanked until the first was down, then let pet kill the other.  Seriously I would never have been able to do that with the 50% slow or I would've been very low on health.

Very glad of this purchase...

Larzzus
Spirit Callers

Murkk Dakruul

Sha's revenge is the best thing you will ever buy in the bazaar, ever.
Murkk Dakruul
Feral Lord of Agony

And the earth cracked open in a spew of ash and flame and from the smoke arose a new evil,
A new demon of the world, and it was given the name "beastlord". With burning eyes it stared
down at us and raised its hidiously disfigured claw and it.....cast MGB paragon.

larzzus

I think you're exactly right Murkk.

Last night did an LDoN in butcher, nothing special about it 40 mins maybe.  Group consisted of Pally, SK (I know, not my group), druid, chanter, cleric and myself.

Everone stayed on for another, and this time we hit nro.  After a few rolls and split we got another adventure.  Chanter goes ld about 2 mins after.  We wait for a while at the zone in in oasis.  When we have 10 mins to get the adventure we goes in deciding that he will catch up.

Everything is going okay, adds are being dealt with okay.  Druid goes LD about halfway through, bum.  Okay, so we carry on with 4 of us, pally, sk, cleric and myself.  Cleric has a prob pacifying or it wears off, so 4 mobs come and say hello to him and in about 2 ticks, he's down.  Rest of us zone.

Cleric comes back and at this time we have about 30 mins to complete the adventure with about 10 more drops to get.  We bum kei and haste from a chanter and head back in.  With 7 mins to go we complete and everyone was like, omg I didn't think we were going to do that.

Well, from my point of view I think we would have had a tough job completing that if I had to use my 50% slow.  Worth its weight in gold.

Larzzus
Spirit Callers

Zakoriz

The new slow is significant enough that you can be called in for "slower" in groups instead of primarily just dps. I am also backup slower in my guild in case the shamans die before the mob is slowed.
(mine actually is resisted less often than theirs is for some reason)

It also helps if you solo. When you go someplace with things trying to hit for 300s or so and you want to solo it.. that extra slow % makes a large difference.
Elder Zakoriz
Level 65 Beastlord
Erollisi Marr - Resilience

UnrulyKitten

I can't recall an LDoN I've done, except one, where I was NOT the main slower with Sha's Revenge. Even most Shaman seem to want to let me slow so they can do something else. Now, on hards it might be different, but for Normals it is such overkill that clerics get entirely bored.

Unruly

Tastian

On hards I actually use my slow just as much if not more.  Enchanters usually use their lower level slow (50%) on normals just because of the casting time.   With an enc willing to slow and a solid group (or a group that we don't bother with slow at all) I have no problem turning that slow mana into more dps. On hards everything mitigates slow.  The signifigantly faster casting time on revenge usually makes a solid difference.  If a bard can bring to camp HoS'd that's great.  If not I'll use protective spirit on resists.  Either way I often find myself slowing well over half the mobs in a hard whether there's a shm an enc a bard whatever.

Argach

On hards I usually have two slows memmed and chanter tashes/mezzes, I slow. Only after everything is either 50% or 65% slowed I even start thinking about doing dps. On easy ldon slowing is often waste of time, unless I'm tanking so I can slow for aggro and kill two birds with one stone.

Tastian

That's one of the nice things about being bst though.  Even when I'm slowing and strifing and helping to get a hold on the situation I'm still doing dps because my pet is going strong.  And yes running two slows in a hard can quite literally be a lifesaver(often times your own!).  Normals it depends on the group.  Sometimes I'll just pull with scorp venom and not even bother with slow hehe.  Those aren't often, but when they happen they are fun.

Noriko

Quote from: larzzusEveryone I have spoken to regarding this compared to our 50% version say's its much better.  Any ideas where I can prove to myself that this is indeed a significant increase over our previous version?

Here's my proof:

Would you like to see:

Random_GroupLeader00 tells you, "We need a slower, do you have 65 slow?"
You told Random_GroupLeader00, "Yes."
Random_GroupLeader00 tells you, "Come to <wherever>."

Or:

You told Random_GroupLeader00, "No."
Random_GroupLeader00 tells you, "nm."
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=774007">Noriko . http://www.celestialrising.com">Celestial Rising . http://pub228.ezboard.com/bxevserverboards">Xev . http://www.beastlords.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1593">BST65.80/Xv h++ 3khp 3km ft13 r9 G++<3 e++ o+ T+++ L++ H+++@ f g b- t++>++++ D- !X

TerjynPovar

Quote from: Noriko
You told Random_GroupLeader00, "Yes."
Random_GroupLeader00 tells you, "Come to <wherever>."

It's probably just me, but this question annoys the piss out of me.  My response on the second line there is much more likely to be

You told Random_GroupLeader00, "Yes, but since you asked I don't want to join you."
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Tastian

What is wrong about asking if the person you are recruting for a certain task is capable of said task?  I mean how many clerics get groups because it's obvious they'll have a level 39 vender spell that most don't use that often in groups.  I don't know maybe it's just me, but if I'm inviting a random person I've never met before I'd like to have some idea about them.  Sure if someone is asking for a full resume, 3 referances, and urine sample for grouping that's a bit much.  However, the shift between advantage and revenge not only in slow % but also casting time and ability to lock down mobs / handle resists is quite large.

TerjynPovar

I didn't say it was rational.  I said it annoys me.

I am not one spell/skill.  I don't like it when people only want me for Paragon or Spiritual Dominion anymore than Sha's Revenge.

And to top it off 9 times out of 10 this question comes from somebody doing normal 65 LDoNs or easy stuff in Tier 1/2 planes.
Terjyn, Retired Feral Lord on the Povar Server

Noriko

As I was trying to convince a monk friend (64) and a pally friend (62) to get to 65 before doing anything else, I realize it is the same issue: perception.

What gear you have, how good you are, how many AA you've got, etc. are irrelevant when it comes to strangers.  All they have to go by is your level and your guild tag (and in this case, your spells).  As much as we agree (or not) that a level 64 with 500 AAs is probably better than a level 65 with 50, it is irrelevant to strangers who cannot gauge what they cannot see.

I understand what you mean Terj but it is also secondary to those who rely on pick up groups.  Without a steady group of friends and guildies available whenever you want to play (and we all play in some odd hours sometimes), your level says what you are.  And if others likes to know, in addition to that, that they are skipping over the 75% slow shammy to settle for a 65% slow bst with more DPS, that's their choice.  None of us can go anywhere unless we can market ourselves.  That's just the way it is.

Hell, you can probably get in the group and use your 50% slow, it has the same message and they wouldn't be able to tell the difference anyway.  Its all perception.
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=774007">Noriko . http://www.celestialrising.com">Celestial Rising . http://pub228.ezboard.com/bxevserverboards">Xev . http://www.beastlords.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1593">BST65.80/Xv h++ 3khp 3km ft13 r9 G++<3 e++ o+ T+++ L++ H+++@ f g b- t++>++++ D- !X