Main Menu

BP Effects (Feedback Needed)

Started by Tadenea, April 30, 2009, 05:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tadenea

Which BP effects in the last two expansions are considered undesirable. 

Please keep this discussion on topic.  Just BP effects... not anything on any other item slot at all, no other spells, not other mods or stats... just the focus, worn and click effects on the recent BP's.
Will post feedback to Dev (unknown cut off date on feedback at this point)
SoE Community Leader
Ranger of Test Server

Inphared

I really like the Seeds of Destruction clicks. The damage portions are high enough to be useful, and they proc often enough.

Anything before that was pretty terrible.

Sharrien

I like that we get on our tunics mana pres for Yowl at the Moon, a spell that is one of our primary dps spells.  However, the bonus isn't much over the detrimental mana pres that we can get on other items.  I'm assuming that the various levels of Synarcana's Effiiciency does not stack with Yowl at the Moon Efficiency.

On the group tunics we get a 19% mana pres, however that is only marginally above the 17% that is available on a tier 5 group item (Darkleather Amice) which has Synarcana's Efficiency V.  This results in a mere 20 mana difference in between the two when casting Yowl at hte Moon Rk.II.    Such a small bonus over the generic det mana pres is not consistent with the amount of effort required to finish a tier 5 tunic.

Raid tunics get a 27% mana pres which compares to 22% on an end game det mana pres item (Pauldrons of Endless War).  The difference between them is just 49 mana when casting Yowl Rk II.  Better, but still weak.

In my opinion, both foci could use a bump.  Mana pres on a specialty spell on an end game tunic should be significantly higher than what can be achieved on a similar level generic item.  Both should be about 10% above the generic items, 27% for the group tunics and 32% for the raid tunic.

Now if I could just get some damned named to pop in Tosk and Korafax with phased essences in their pockets I could try out a tunic for myself....
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Dilgartownguard

I'd rather have an increased chance for 4 werewolf focus and a auto 4 werewolf click then what we have. While the click is better then it was in the past, it's still worse then what alot of classes get.

Tadenea

bumping so we can get more feedback if possible
SoE Community Leader
Ranger of Test Server

Mazame

2 BP I use are the  SoD  ( love the DoT proc )  and the Bramble coat  BP clicky

Sharrien

I do have one additional bit of feedback......

The medial gems are too darn rare!!!  After a couple weeks beating up crystal creatures in Warrens and chain spawning the Tosk instances I have yet to see any phased medial gems, or any other medial gems for that matter.  Would be nice to up the spawn rate on the named.
Maelin Starpyre

wildwaters

They seem to have reduced em ALOT. If the goal was to keep players interested in the game by giving em something to work for well they succeeded in making it near imposible for a casual player to gear up in visibles >.<

As far as the bp's I personally like teh mana pres on the yowl line but would like to see it boosted significantly. Like the venom click too.

Wouldn't mind seeing the increased chance to call four wolves like mentioned above.

I o

Mazame

The Drop rate on the essences  is good. I geared 2 of my toons and helped gear 15 others.
The trick is to find the best camp spots. some of the named are rare spawns then others.

for T4  if you can get tosk center lower floor you can pull up to 5 Pher all but the BP drops here with 2 named for the Head /feet and 2 for the Hands wrist . the leg arm guy is rare. we gear 3 toons with seeing the leg dropper once . for the leg we moved upstairs  u have 3 named that can be pulled . 2 drop the leg one is a rare spawn other spawns alot
For the BP go to RCC  it a fast spawn. also if you have a good group you can get a leg dropper as well.

by camping more then one drop at a time we would see on avg 1 essence per hour. to me thats not a bad drop rate

Kanan

I like the focus effect on the BP, but the next expansion will make it useless to us.  I know the intent is to make it the "best" for that particular spell, but it is so specialized that once next expansion is out, it becomes useless, since we stop casting that particular spell.  Our other slots have rounded out our foci rather nicely, so I'm honestly at a minor loss of what to recommend for there as a replacement focus.

The click, I like.  The point of it is to increase the dps and it does a satisfactory job of doing so now.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

wildwaters

Maybe the amount of focus should be left the same butu scripted to include all other versions of the spell?

Sharrien

Oh I can hear the howls of fury now if we got a spell focus that did not ever degrade as levels went up!

I don't think that is likely, but it would be nice if it had at least a reduced effect on the lvl 90 version of our rage pet that we will presumably be getting.
Maelin Starpyre

Karve

I have T5 clicky bp, can't say as I've noticed much from clicking it... must parse and check numbers.

As for the focus. it might be nice but I'm still working on the sodding faction to get the spell.... :/

Professional Mad Bastard.

Smobon

Well, I like the focus effect, though, I do not know about the clicky. It seems to do alright but I do not notice the damage from it. If it could last another minute or two, might see a difference and then it would be more useful to use :)

Who the heck is level 85 and has yet to get faction for Howl at the Moon (or is it yowl? I forget) ? I had Oceangreen and Bloody Kith maxxed for a long time and then FoS and then finally got Tosk done. Still have one more left I think in Korafax.

Then again, that preview was pretty good start to getting ally with that first faction.