Main Menu

Attuneable Gear on our pet

Started by bobokatt1970, May 02, 2009, 11:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobokatt1970

It was only a while back I found out that any attuneable gear we place on our warders, turns no drop as soon as you pocket them or even zone and thus is useless. Too bad since elegant defiant is so freaking easy to get/buy.  Anyhow the other day as I was 2 boxing, I placed 2 elegant defiant 1H weapons on my chanter's pet since they kept dropping and my bags were full. Forgot all about it for an hour and then even after zoning, even after pocketing and loggin off and on an coming back a few hours later, the weapons still "showed" on the pet.  The damage type the pet was doing was definitely of the type of the weapon. 

So does this attuneable thingy work on other pets or do only attuneable weapons stick or was it a bug and the pet was really not getting any benefits from the elegant weapons but the look was still there as equipped?

scrat

Word is, from the mage community (pre-crash of eq1.eqsummoners.com)...visible attunable items given to pets persist through zoning and suspension  Non-visibles (minus weapons) are turned to no-drop & hence auto-destroyed upon zone or suspend.

bobokatt1970

Catnip_Inny

ok just so im reading thta right, we can place defiant armour and weapons on our pets? and the weaponsw stay on them after zone or suspending them?  being on warder means its not really visable so does that mean we get screwed hehe? 

AND do pets benefit from no drop gear? as long as we dont zone? like can i give my pet a rotting korafax weapon or is it useless to try?  Someone told mea whiel back it worked but i didnt notice any difference and didnt see the weapon i gave him procing so i assume it didnt work

Grbage

No armor actually shows on anyones pets so when referencing visible slots, it's the slots that are visible on PC's (arm/leg/bp/etc).

From my understanding of reading that thread mages put together, non visible drops do help the pet up until the moment you zone or suspend them. So slapping a piece of rotting loot on them is better then letting it rot.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Kanan

It was a long weekend, but I want to be sure of what was said here: It's definite that attunable weapons persist after zoning.

Armor in chest/arms/legs, etc persists as well?
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

scrat

Pets automatically destroy no-drop equipment, weapons and items.  Period.  If an item has no-drop in it's tag...giving it to a pet is no better than destroying it yourself.

Attunable things, regardless of the race/class and level requirement - will be worn by pet.  They have all the same slots as us, but only one of each time (a single wrist, a single ring, a single earring).  They equip the items by preference of the displayed Armor Class.  So if your pet has a 2ac no-stats ring on, and you hand it a 1ac 50million HP/atk max mods ring..it will destroy it because it already has a superior ring (2ac no-stats).

Exceptions to this rule are 2h weapons beyond some level (I forget) but it's when your pet hits for more damage naked and would suffer a DPS penalty if it used the 2-hander.  And there are some specific high-damage 2-h weapons, and some overpowered 1-handers (slow procs) that have a no-pet tag.

Attunable stuff...for some reason when a pet zones at least the non-visible stuff gets wiped due to getting changed to no-drop.  Why visible pieces do not is beyond me - but I take the mage community word for it.  I have given my pets hundreds of pieces of elab / elegant defiant pieces and it makes a dramatic difference in their survivability / tankability.  Imagine a necro pet-tanking named mobs using a merc healer - it's done all the time now with good enough focus and pet gear.