Main Menu

Pet Gear

Started by Mazame, May 11, 2009, 07:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mazame

Ok  Mage gear is a great way to make our pets better. The problem I having is /baz dosn't carry full set of the gear ( all slots ).
The weapons are only up 50% of the time .

So I was thinking of a New AA for Bst and Necro  that would let us find pet gear.
Sony could use the same summoned gear that is currently in the game but just give us an AA that would summon it.
some thing along the lines of like forage with a random armour drop then cool down. This would keep the mage gear still use but give us away to get it when no mages around to help out. and with it being random gear drop it means it would take time to build up a full set but at least the option there.

Also have the aa start at 55 and then ever 5 level have an upgrade to the aa. so
55 = 50-55 summoned items
60 = 56-60
65 = 61-65
70 = 66 70
75 = 71 75
80 = 76 80
85 = 81 85

Have each level cost 6 aa .. so 42 aa total  would let you summon the best gear

Thats my thoughts on the AA line.  it not like we can't get the gear  in other ways  it just a way for us to get the gear on our own. and with it being random  you will spend more time clicking then  you want to making mages still wanted to get the gear all at once. the good part is when no mage around you can still get pet gear.  or when in a group and pet dies you can start regearing him with out having to leave the group to go find a mage.

As Bst we live off the land most mob we kill have the look of gear on them they don't always drop stuff so but lore wise with all that we kill we should be able to find gear on the stuff we kill so this AA would help full fill that

roff

I agree, this sounds like great idea, especially since our pets are lacking compared to the mage pet.

Catnip_Inny

and on raids mages hate making gear lol

Karve

I think we should be able to make it through tradeskill .. a bst only combine with low trivial.
Sod 42 aa's. I'd rather log my mage ;)

Professional Mad Bastard.

Maylian

Yeah I wouldn't want 42 AA's for something like this, 12AA's at most for this kind of ability. Personally wouldn't want it to be a TS because it's a PITA to keep items to make combines. Whilst it might be a usefulish ability I would much prefer dev's to look at the pet properly rather than give us a workaround like this.

jitathab

One of the problems i find with this is that we dont summon anything but single food and water, does it really fit? Wouldnt it be better to suggest warders are created with pet gear, or we get a new pet buff spell instead. Adding a spell to increase stats should be easier right?

Karve

Quote from: Maylian on July 09, 2009, 12:10:17 PMWhilst it might be a usefulish ability I would much prefer dev's to look at the pet properly rather than give us a workaround like this.

At the end of the day this is probably the best way to deal with the underlying issue and not piss mages off.

Professional Mad Bastard.

Grbage Heep

The problem with tweaking the pet or giving us a spell for more stats is that we can still load it up with mage summoned gear. Today, if you can get a mage to give you every piece of summoned gear they have our warder is nearly as good as their air pet (minus the extra aa's mages get). It's still lower in parry/block but the survivability gap is much much closer.

The easiest solution for the devs on balancing is to make our pet (and necros) fully kitted out just like mage pets are when summoned. That way the pets can truly be balanced without having to depend on an outside source (mages) for a pet to reach full potential. I'm sure a lot of mages would throw a fit about this but I rarely get more weapons/mask/belt when I actually find a mage around to give me any gear at all.
70 Beast on Torv

Striffa

As for an AA I would not spend more than 9 aa on this it is just silly. While I have access to a mage to summon at will it is still a PITA to do it. Our warders imo should come equiped with armor anyway. Pet weapons have always been a mage icon type feature so I can understand not giving pets weapons upon spawn but, Gear on them would be nice and I doubt to many mages would be throwing fits.

wildwaters

Quote from: Karve on July 09, 2009, 11:56:54 AM
I think we should be able to make it through tradeskill .. a bst only combine with low trivial.

I like this

Kanan

Quote from: wildwaters on July 09, 2009, 02:49:23 PM
Quote from: Karve on July 09, 2009, 11:56:54 AM

I like this

/whimper.. my bags are already so full as it is =/
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

kharthai

Quote from: Maylian on July 09, 2009, 12:10:17 PM
Whilst it might be a usefulish ability I would much prefer dev's to look at the pet properly rather than give us a workaround like this.

Agree with this.

Blarp

Tradeskilled or AA'ed at tis point in the game 46. even  100 aa's isfine by me. but i  one of the few over 3500 aa's.  not alot left out there.  othere way out pets being Fixed is whats needed not just giveing us a bandaid that will Fail the Xpack after.

Sutath

being able to get pet gear anytime that I want is something i'd support but i also agree that the warder should be fixed in the first place. not the need to "gear it up" to somewhat close the gap to the mage air pet
Dark Horizon--Xegony server

Umlat

I've stopped bothering with gear pretty much. Too much hassle to get from someone, too easy to lose it. It's basically a back door way of nerfing beast warders again. I'll grab a set before raid to equip on pet AFTER raid, that's about it. Won't replace it generally, even if it's offered. Give us some unique research combines using a summoned feral essence (from a spell) to make some totems, including one that summons a 10 slot bag of 2 weapons and gear. Makes research a little more useful and viable as a skill, solves our gear problem. Either that or add a mage spell that summons a 1 slot clicky item with 5 charges -- each click summons a set of gear in bags. Me personally, I'd prefer our own gear, because it could be tailored to suit our pets better. The last thing I really want on my pet is a couple more procs sitting around. Weapons that increase our pets existing procs sure. weapons that are +damage instead of having dmg/del that are more or less irrelevant.

Be nice if we could get a dev to tag along with a couple different beastlords solo, in group and in raid and actually SEE what we are unhappy about. Maybe they might just realize how different things are out on the sharp end of things as it were.