Main Menu

2box and epic 1.0s

Started by beastik, May 13, 2009, 06:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beastik

Hi all,

I'm about to get a second account, and will have to PL a new character up. For a 2nd character and my bst (at 65 and doing AAs, just got Paragon), what 2nd character would be best to help me get my epic 1.0, and that my bst can help get this 2nd character's epic 1.0?

Things that require a full-fledged raid would probably be out of the question. I'm assuming I'll stop at 65 to do AAs and do old-world content (since epic 1.0 is focused there). My beastlord is self-geared - I hunt for my own upgrades and can probably hunt for this 2nd character too. So no PoTime/GoD/OoW high-end gear (my ranger had those.. been a long time since I played her)

Any suggestions? I think a cleric would be beneficial as a healbot, but not sure if the bst and cleric can take on Ragefire. Same for a shaman's epic.

Thanks in advance for any help! :)
[49 Beastlord] Beastik[/ur]

Maylian

Are you limiting yourself to not using merc's? If so then I think you're missing a trick unless you can't afford to use them. In my experience a cleric merc is very useful and free's up the box account to be something interesting like an SK or Wizard, merc's certainly allow for any combination of box as you can always get a tank merc and cleric to allow two dps.

As for gear I would assume that you'll be wearing defiant gear as that drops in any zone and has exceptional stats / foci for those people levelling up, even if you don't get all the upgrades yourself they are very cheap in the bazaar.

My preference if I were in your situation would be a wizard or druid. Easy extra dps in the form of nukes and ds's, heals and buffs from druid in an emergency and evac if things get rough.

However if you can't use merc's then you have a very limited pool to choose from and I would go cleric first or druid second. Shamans are great but there is so much overlap with a beastlord in terms of buffs and role that it isn't very efficient. Really you should just go for what you would like to play.

Azire

I really like my bard box with my beast main. Add in two healer mercs and you have about all ya need assuming the beast can tank. Fading memories is a great AA that will allow you to solo pull just about anything. I pull SoD mobs with my 76 bard right now. Cant wait til she gets to 85 and can use all the tools given to the class.

Praxxis

I play a 85 wiz/85 bst duo and it is crazy dps.  Using a tier 5 healer merc and a tier 5 tank merc, I can take on quite a bit without too many issues.  The only problem I've seen in some cases is split pulling.  I decided to make an SK alt to box with my Bst for situations like that :)

beastik

Thanks for the replies! A lot of good info there. I'm starting to take things slow with my characters, so it's more about the journey and what I do along the way, vs. racing to get max level/AAs etc, and go on raids. I don't have time or energy to do those things, so that's why I had 65 as a first stopping point to do something "fun". 52 would have been another nice stopping point, if I can 2box the old world dragons.

I'm pairing the two as sort of brothers/partners (like Raistlin/Cameron, Xena/Gabrielle, Hercules/Iolaus), on their own adventures, fighting as only the two would and complementing each other's abilities/weaknesses. I guess mercs would play into sort of temporary helpers (guest stars in each episode?).

Hmm lots to think about. Also, to consider which class to partner up with so the two can complete each other's epic :) A druid would make the most sense since the two are outdoor-sy types. Then again, opposites attract (beastlord/wizard partners in a romantic triangle where the warder gets jealous?!  :evil:) and that's another interesting combo to think about.
[49 Beastlord] Beastik[/ur]

Mazame

I used to play Cleric /Bst  but with merc my cleric just not worth it they don't add a lot that the merc can't do and not having to tab over to heal means I can chain nuke and get more DPS out of my bst.

I thought a lot about what box to make.  Mage/ bst was a high on the list as with spliting you can CoTh split. Pet tanking and power nukes can be a good combo I seen work.

The shammy / bst to me is to much like playing the same class / same go for monk / bst..

The Sk / bst would probly let you do the most as with most content getting a mob solo and then being able to tank it is a big part. I have a RL friend that play a sk so when he around it would have made my box pointless so I passed on this but would have been my #1 pick

in the end I went chanter / bst .. the chanter lets me turn my mass pulled train into solos and when solo I can take most things. using merc of corse