Main Menu

Pre 75 spells

Started by Mazame, May 25, 2009, 08:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mazame

Ok taking time off I came back and like most end up skipping a lot of spells / discs So was thinking it would be nice to have a list off pre 75 spells that as a Bst we should have.
This would be ones that the upgrade are not worth using or the line ended and no upgrades have come out "slow for example " so if you use any Pre 75 spells please let us know if we need to look into getting them.

Thanks

the ones I know of that I found

Empathic Fury ( 69 DoD disc )
Growl of the Panther ( 69 Spell / upgrade dosn't up damage % )
Incapacitate ( 56 spell )
Sha's Legacy ( 70 spell / our best slow )
Feral Vigor ( 69 spell / last regen we got )

Did I miss any?

Nusa

More things you should have
Sha's Revenge (There are still times I mem two slows to avoid the recast timer. Besides, it lasts over twice as long as Sha's Legacy.)
Annul Magic
Abolish Disease
Counteract Poison
Celerity
Spirit of the Wolf
Levitate
Flash of Light
Bestial Fury Discipline (same timer as Empathic Fury, but doesn't require pet to use)
Protective Spirit Discipline
Invisibility
Shrink
Tiny Companion

Things there's no reason not to have, but not much use anymore:
Ferocity (most mana-efficient version, also only one that's not timer-linked to the "upgrades")
Resistant Discipline
Fearless Discipline
Talisman of Jasinith
Talisman of Shadoo
Infusion of Spirit
Acumen
Frenzy
Enduring Breath

I probably forgot some too.

Mazame

Quote[More things you should have
Sha's Revenge (There are still times I mem two slows to avoid the recast timer. Besides, it lasts over twice as long as Sha's Legacy.)
Annul Magic
Abolish Disease
Counteract Poison
Celerity ( replaced by pet haste at higher levels  that hit group as well as pet )
Spirit of the Wolf
Levitate ( Replaced by AA , free up spell slot and dosn't req bat wings )
Flash of Light
Bestial Fury Discipline (same timer as Empathic Fury, but doesn't require pet to use)
Invisibility( Replaced by AA , free up spell slot and last longer )
Shrink( Replaced by AA , free up spell slot and/ or bag slot shorter cast time  )
Tiny Companion/quote]

Kanan

Quote from: Mazame on May 25, 2009, 11:05:57 PM
QuoteCelerity ( replaced by pet haste at higher levels  that hit group as well as pet )

I refuse to use that abortion of an spell facet.  I keep that trash blocked and tell others to block it, since potions were superior until I finally got my cbq belt finished and I stopped using em.  I'm assuming potions are still better unless you give the pet a buff extension ring or whatever piece of jewelry a magi might have that could affect it, if at all.

Besides... once I got the pop ornate tunic, I'd stopped memorizing the spell, even with that horrid click time.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Nusa

Quote from: Mazame on May 25, 2009, 11:05:57 PM
Quote[More things you should have
Annul Magic
Abolish Disease
Counteract Poison
Celerity ( replaced by pet haste at higher levels  that hit group as well as pet )
Spirit of the Wolf
Levitate ( Replaced by AA , free up spell slot and dosn't req bat wings )
Flash of Light
Invisibility( Replaced by AA , free up spell slot and last longer )
Shrink( Replaced by AA , free up spell slot and/ or bag slot shorter cast time   )
Tiny Companion

There're important until you get those AA's. Put em in the "no reason not to get column" if you want.

Celerity lasts 28 minutes with my focuses...nearly as good as a potion. The extremely annoying pet recourse only lasts 18, although it is somewhat useful in groups. In raids, it just fills up buff slots...a huge negative aspect.

Levitate is still needed if someone else needs Levitate.

Invisibility is still needed if someone else needs Invis. (yeah, they should be self-sufficient, but there are times)