Main Menu

Sonic Wolf Molars

Started by Tanri, January 25, 2004, 02:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanri

I am currently working on getting the molars.  Have one but need one more.  Can not find any pups or wolflings to get them from.  Any help on locating them would be greatly appreciated.  Do I have to go into the caves?  Are they easier to find in there?  Just searching around Hollowshade I find like one or two and they aren't dropping off of them.  

Also love the new boards.  Keep up the good work.

Jaeren

According to the Allakhazam's item search for them,

Just to note...these do not drop off any wolf you see....only the ones wandering about away from the caves.  The wolves in the caves and the ones that wander about are not the ones who drop them. I've killed over a hundered of those wolves and they only drop the common tradeable drops..meat, pelts, etc. The sonic pups, wolflings, and wolves that wander around past the trail are the ones you will need to hunt to find the molars.

and also

I had to do this quest. I had a ranger help me (track is good) and was able to do it in about an hour. We killed Sonic Wolf Pups, Sonic Wolf Wolflings and Sonic Wolf Fiends. Both drops came off Sonic Wolf Pups around the north-east part of the zone. We killed about 15 of them to get the two drops. I hope this helps!
-Nelek
The Nameless            

I dont have first hand knowledge but maybe those quotes will be helpful

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Hereki

First, sonic wolves must be in their cave in the east of the zone.  If they aren't, you won't get any of the quest drops at all.  Next, only the wanderers, not the cave wolves drop them (confirming the bit in the previous post).  There are only about three wandering spawns, so they are tough to camp, but they have fixed paths, and once you know their paths, it is easy to run them down.

The same goes for the other wolf bane quest drops, btw - the appropriate team needs to be in their home location to spawn the mobs that drop them.

jakethecake

Not only were the wolves in their home caves, but for me to get any drops they had to control the islands too.....

When they controlled the islands a pup would spawn near the outpost and a pup and/or wolfling spawned near the second bridge (as did a then red con wandering wolf so was often risky....)

Bloody PITA getting them to drop and even worse is I've still to find anyone to provide the rest of the parts for the wolfbane weapons on Antonius Bayle

(btw can anyone confirm that the sonic wolf tendons still drop? I dont farm there very often at all now but its MONTHS since I've seen one drop....)
Tukru

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then when you criticize them you are a mile away and you have their shoes......

Hereki

Tendons are extremely rare, and drop from the wandering wolves only, too.  My last one of these was a few months ago, but I haven't been trying recently.

Tanri

Thanks for all the quick responses.  I am gonna try and get the other one tonight.

Takeen

I spent 7.5 hours camping these a while back. Was killing the ones by the wolf cave around the bridge. I finally gave up on the cloak after never seeing any of the owlbear claws. :evil:

Merescata

Ok here's where to get both molars and the tendons.  Only thing that must happen is the sonics MUST have control of their area.  Now here is the most productive area to camp.  From the Grim forest cave looking outward, go right, over the creek and to corner. Set up camp here and pull sonics till you are swearing at your computer about how much you hate camping these sorry, rare drops.    Plan on a long camp, but you might get lucky.
Merescata
75 Vah Shir BST
Tribunal
Clan McEye

Hereki

The owlbear claws drop from the ones in the moor near the outpost, cubs and grapplers, and are rare.  Wolf tendons are rarer, I believe, but still stupid rare.