Main Menu

Merc question relating to pets

Started by Vidyne, June 14, 2009, 12:28:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vidyne

Lately, my merc acts strangely towards my pet.

[Sat Jun 13 19:16:25 2009] Gaphrupa tells the group, 'Casting Promised Recuperation Rk. II on Vidyne`s warder.'
[Sat Jun 13 19:16:28 2009] Gaphrupa tells the group, 'Casting Frenetic Renewal Rk. II on Vidyne`s warder.'
[Sat Jun 13 19:16:39 2009] Gaphrupa tells the group, 'Casting Twelfth Night Rk. II on Vidyne`s warder.'
[Sat Jun 13 19:16:44 2009] Gaphrupa tells the group, 'Casting Devout Elixir Rk. II on Vidyne`s warder.'
[Sat Jun 13 19:16:44 2009] Gaphrupa tells the group, 'Casting Devout Elixir Rk. II on Vidyne`s warder.'
[Sat Jun 13 19:16:49 2009] Gaphrupa tells the group, 'Casting Promised Recuperation Rk. II on Vidyne`s warder.'
[Sat Jun 13 19:16:52 2009] Gaphrupa tells the group, 'Casting Twelfth Night Rk. II on Vidyne`s warder.'
[Sat Jun 13 19:16:59 2009] Gaphrupa tells the group, 'Casting Frenetic Renewal Rk. II on Vidyne`s warder.'
dead pet

Merc is repeatedly not using Devout Light when healing the warder, on many occasions.  Remedy I've never seen used either, but merc really never uses remedy much that I see to begin with even when healing PC tanks.

I thought it was maybe all mercs, but then i tried the same mob with my 81 mage and a tier 3 Journeyman merc.  That merc will use lights, remedies, renewal, promised, elixir.

I let the t5 merc med and gave it a good 30 sec to change any spells it needed to, as I know sometimes its buffing and might demem a spell.  However he had light, he just did not use it.  Soon as my pet died, and I started tanking.... the merc switched to lights almost exclusively.  Its just odd the lower level and lower tier merc, heals a pet better(in terms of spell choice and timing) than the higher tier/higher level.

Do I need to drop this merc and spend 10k on another tier 5, or go back to tier 3?
Both mercs were set on reactive.

Brane

It might eb a question of efficiency from the merc's side.
Also mercs heal an assigned MT differently. Also the MT tag extends to the pet/warder too. Reason why many moloing mages tag themselves as MT ;)

Nusa

[Sat Jun 13 01:26:43 2009] Bruavial tells the group, 'Casting Devout Light Rk. II on Nusa`s warder.'
[Sat Jun 13 01:26:52 2009] Bruavial tells the group, 'Casting Devout Light Rk. II on Nusa`s warder.'
[Sat Jun 13 01:27:05 2009] Bruavial tells the group, 'Casting Devout Light Rk. II on Nusa`s warder.'
[Sat Jun 13 01:27:44 2009] Bruavial tells the group, 'Casting Devout Light Rk. II on Nusa`s warder.'

My T5 cleric merc on reactive seems to be using it on the pet. I was solo, so no question about someone else being assigned as tank.

Vidyne

I'll try to be sure to assign MT to me then.  It's odd that the mage pet didn't need to be assigned MT for the merc to heal it though?

Brane

Quote from: Vidyne on June 14, 2009, 02:56:39 AM
I'll try to be sure to assign MT to me then.  It's odd that the mage pet didn't need to be assigned MT for the merc to heal it though?

A merc will heal any member of a group, including pets/warders. If I remember correctly the "assign yourself as MT while soloing with tanking pet" was listed in SOE's introduction of the mercs
themselves.
Also you can't assign a pet alone as MT.

Umlat

Haven't re-checked lately on how spells work, but atm I have complete heal, HoT, and promised heals from merc blocked on pet (and complete heal blocked on me), to avoid long casts (CHeal) and to stop spell conflicts/overwrites.

Hzath

How do you block complete heal from a merc? 
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Inphared

Open your blocked buffs window and type in the name of the heal spells that you want blocked.

As a puller, I usually block Promised Restoration and Elixirs with mercs because they will not directly heal me when I need it most.

You can block heals on your pet too, which would solve this issue.

Brane

It might be of interest to know that blocked spells are totally ignored by a merc. So they wont even cast them, therefore not wasting mana either.

Grbage

Before blocking CH better talk your clerics about what spells they use on raids. Found out the hard way ours start using CH when LOM, which also explained several deaths prior to blocking CH.....
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Karve

is tehre a definitive list of spell numbers anywhere, I want to make a couple of buttons for use with merc to block sells and unblock spells for raiding.

cheers
K

Professional Mad Bastard.

Nusa

Quote from: Karve on September 16, 2010, 09:04:33 AM
is tehre a definitive list of spell numbers anywhere, I want to make a couple of buttons for use with merc to block sells and unblock spells for raiding.

cheers
K

Find the spell in question on your favorite site (e.g. lucy, allakhazam, kumbaja), then look at the URL for the spell number. In the case of CH, it's a very old spell with the very low number of 13.