Main Menu

Where to farm muramite runes?

Started by Umok, June 17, 2009, 09:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Umok

With a 68 BST, 68 Druid, 68 Rogue and 2 cleric mercs, 1 tank merc?

Getting the 66-70 spells are a pain in the ass nowadays if you don't know a researcher/don't want to beg...

Thanks!

Maylian

I would say probably WoS at Kyv Assassin camp, 6 nameds spawn in that area so can accumulate them quickly if lucky. Solo there on my 71 SK with merc and its no hassle at all.

Mazame

Brane

Ridgerunner in NC, or....

Named npcs in DODH while SRF is a HZ.  :-D

wildwaters

I always had best luck just messing around at cubbies in WoS (Kyv Aassasin camp)

If you are good and focused I bet you can spawn 7-11 nameds from that camp. You made need some more dps for that idk it's been so long since i played in my 60's levels.

Your best bet is like Maylian mentioned above and do the Kyv Assasin camp and just try to keep the ph's for these nameds down:

Dragorn Turretkeeper
Girplan Mastercrafter
Girplan Taskmaster
Kyv Assassin
Kyv Pureshot
Noc Bonecleaver
Noc Shadowkeeper
Ukun Fleshflayer
Ukun Tendonslicer

To keep them down you only need to kill a total of 14 mobs if you are good at pulling. You may not be able to do Ukun Fleshflayer if your group can't handle 3 at a time.

I also liked 4 way in MPG, the mobs weren't too hard and you could camp 2 nameds form there with ease. The drop rates are not great but doable.

Pixt Arreand Bodybender  and a ukun packmaster spawn from the same camp in Noble's Causeway and are not to hard.

Umok

Just a followup...FANTASTIC suggestion.
Did this camp last night.  68 druid, 68 rogue, 68 BL with mercs.

It was overkill, I kept most of the named clear in the above post and got about 6 runes.   Mostly lesser/minor, but helps with spells! Oddly enough, the experience was similiar to SRF...pretty decent and seemed like the trash mobs have less hps.

Anyways, thanks for the awesome suggestion.

I'm guessing for Greater/Glowing I'll have to go to MPG and farmed named, and should do that at level 70?

Edit: Tried Dragorn Champion, I figured out he is impossible to slow...the hard way.  Haha!  Good times.

Khauruk

Do RSS for 69/70 runes.  Either the Pyrilen Riftseeker camp, or the Girplan Shardtender area.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

wildwaters

Quote from: Khauruk on June 19, 2009, 02:45:24 AM
Do RSS for 69/70 runes.  Either the Pyrilen Riftseeker camp, or the Girplan Shardtender area.

Alot of soloers go there now for aa as well so you may be able to get rots.

Umok

Dang, level 69 required for RSS. :(  Ah well I'm close anyways.

Khauruk

TURNCOAT!!!!!

Baruuk_FV

Umok - do you mind telling me how you box a BST and Rogue?  I love BSTs and Rogues but have never tried 2-boxing them.  Positioning was my concern - especially with the massive pet push that our pets do.  I usually 2 box my SK/SHM combo - but id love more DPS - so if i could add a Rogue box to even that SK/shm combo id be seriously stoked! :0

Thanks.

Baruuk

wildwaters

It's not that hard, just need to move back and forth between them a little. Pet push isn't that bad. I often tank on my sk and box beast, with beast and pet behind I rarely have to reposition due to push. What gets me is the mobs push. Constantly have to move beast in places like warrens or tosk doing oger models.

If you are gonna add a box a wizard might be good for dps. Pretty simple to set up as a box and easy to get its dps up. Of course you wouldn't be maximizing lynx (is that the shaman proc spell) with a caster like you would with a rogue.

/shrug there are quite a few threads on the subject here on the site rather than derail the OP's thread >.<

Btw, umok, you may just want to ooc in general or ask around if anyone knows a good spell researcher. Sometimes they will do the combines for a resonable fee if you bring them the parchments. I know alot of researchers who are trying to level trophies or get their skill up will do combines for free if you bring them the materials and don't bitch about failures.

I don't think anyone would mind if you asked in general or in the caster channels occasionally. I haven't even looked once at our tradeskill routes in spells/tomes but I know we get some sort of research. Maybe someone here who knows more about it can say whether or not you could start research yourself on your beast for your spells? Just some thoughts.

- Tony

Mardag

At level 70 my Beastlord was able to solo Bazu Destroyer, Bazu Bonesmasher, Chimera Deathbringer, Chimera Seether, Feran Bloodkeeper and Feran Savageclaw.  These were completely solo (no merc or outside healer).  Fully buffed I only had about 13,000hp.  With 6 people you should be able to handle these pretty easy as well as north wall or MPG.  With Defiant gear you can get even more hp then I had.  As for AA I believe I had less then 400 at the time.

AbyssalMage

Quote from: wildwaters on June 18, 2009, 04:37:10 PM
I always had best luck just messing around at cubbies in WoS (Kyv Aassasin camp)

Your best bet is like Maylian mentioned above and do the Kyv Assasin camp and just try to keep the ph's for these nameds down:

Dragorn Turretkeeper
Girplan Mastercrafter
Girplan Taskmaster
Kyv Assassin
Kyv Pureshot
Noc Bonecleaver
Noc Shadowkeeper
Ukun Fleshflayer
Ukun Tendonslicer

To keep them down you only need to kill a total of 14 mobs if you are good at pulling. You may not be able to do Ukun Fleshflayer if your group can't handle 3 at a time.

Are all these Named/PH static spawns or do some wonder around?  I only ask as I always stayed in the cubby and never have pulled in WoS.
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Maylian

If you're stood in the cubby like you say the Girplans are in the building to the left where you have one outside and another floating on the inside. You then have three more of the nameds spawn on the building to the right. Two more nameds a noc and kyv are spawned at the top of the hill. The turretkeeper is a static spawn at the gate behind Cipheron. All of these nameds are static spawns, the only named on that half of the zone that wanders is the Discordling xxxfiend.

Depending on kill rates you can also get a named on the other side by the Dragorn Champion in the huts there, which is the Fleshflayer iirc.