Main Menu

Where to farm muramite runes?

Started by Umok, June 17, 2009, 09:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildwaters

Quote from: Maylian on June 29, 2009, 07:09:59 AM
If you're stood in the cubby like you say the Girplans are in the building to the left where you have one outside and another floating on the inside. You then have three more of the nameds spawn on the building to the right. Two more nameds a noc and kyv are spawned at the top of the hill. The turretkeeper is a static spawn at the gate behind Cipheron. All of these nameds are static spawns, the only named on that half of the zone that wanders is the Discordling xxxfiend.

Depending on kill rates you can also get a named on the other side by the Dragorn Champion in the huts there, which is the Fleshflayer iirc.

/nods

And the discordling nameds are random off of any discordlings you kill off to the right of cubbies (east?) except the warfiend (discordling xxxfiend lol) which is a pather and has a nasty enrage. Make sure you turn attack off when he enrages or you will be FDing (f**king dieing). I don't remember him ever dropping runes but he gets in the way of pulls for sure.

Mardag

If I remember correctly both the Warfiend and the other raid mob drop "2" level 69 runes and 1-2 pieces of gear.  The gear is very outdated now though.  I tried boxing the raid mob in South Wall with my Beastlord and Druid and almost killed him until my Beastlord got hit with feign death and he raped my Druid so I had no way to heal after.  Still got him to like 2% before I finally died.  Never went back but if I did should be easy with my new gear.  I imagine a Druid, Beastlord and Rogue with two Cleric mercs and a Warrior merc can easily tank him even at 68.  The only hard part is the feign death he area effect casts.

Khauruk

Velitorkin and Hulcror both drop lvl 69 runes (Hulc might do lvl70).  If you're lucky enough to be in zone when they die, you should be able to get them.  Velitorkin can be mercoloed by a high group gear bst easily, or similar melee...if you know somebody, have them farm him for you.  Hulcror is not quite as easy.

You won't be boxing them until 75 or so probably though.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Umok

Completely done with the runes now on all 3 characters, now level 73.  RSS, WoS, and MPG were all great fun places to play. 

Appreciate the comments and tips, the runes were actually much easier than I thought they would be to farm.

wildwaters

Grats!

With the new bazable gear for level 65ish being better than coa the old oow zones just aren't hard anymore ;/

Now you are getting into the great fun that farming RK 2's represents ROFL.

GL

- tony

Kraeel

For 69 to 70 spell runes I suggest MPG. Go to the corner with cleaver wiex. 3 nameds spawn in that area and they spawn very frequently. Since the respawn time is 15 minutes makes for good xp as well.

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Kraeel on September 15, 2009, 06:38:52 PM
For 69 to 70 spell runes I suggest MPG. Go to the corner with cleaver wiex. 3 nameds spawn in that area and they spawn very frequently. Since the respawn time is 15 minutes makes for good xp as well.

Will have to try this out.  Been doing RSS and can't seem to get a glowing to drop, the RNG hates me!  And to make matters worse only 2 named wanna spawn.

Any safe place to park alt's while I'm killing.  Figuring I'll have to clear some, camp, load alt, run alt up, camp, load main and repeat until im to camp.  A /loc or very good description would be appreciated.
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Mazame

any place would be safe to park out side the death touch hall.

Mardag

I did the statue camp, relik and the feran camps in RSS so each cycle I had a chance at 5 named.  Could usually get 2-3 glowing, 4-6 greater, hp augs, ac augs, mana augs and random other stuff in a night there.  The only other spot to box the runes would be MPG but you will probably receive far less there unless you can handle the MPG Trials and then should get 1-2 runes and 1-3 pieces of gear.  The group trials not the raid ones.