Main Menu

A Community Divided (kinda long)

Started by Vecsus, January 25, 2004, 02:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vecsus

Quote from: Laba
Vecsus is a mod of the old boards so his views are very one sided. He probally wants more people to move back to the old boards so he can feel important.

If that is what you think of me then you completely failed to comprehend even half of what I wrote.  If I want to feel important I would not be playing EQ.  This has nothing to do with my self esteem.  It has everything to do with wanting to see our community get over the us-them issue.  People think that I just made it worse with the post.  I happen to think that before people can get over something they must first have a complete understanding of it.  It is obvious that most people still don't.  And that applies to both boards.  One-sided?  I don't give a damn where people post.  I just want people to stop thinking that the members of the "other" board are some kind of monster.

And by all means move this to your rant section now.  The direction this has taken warrents it.   :wink:
Vecsus Strangiato <Enlightened Dark>
Feral Lord
Tarew Marr
MY MAGELO!

Jaeren

It has everything to do with wanting to see our community get over the us-them issue.

Few lines later..

And by all means move this to your rant section now

Even you are continuing the seperation as others have stated ;)

There is no way that people will settle down and completely forget about this issue. Many people hate Yantis so much. And many people feel that Oaga sold out the community, not even talking to us about his problems and trying to hide the fact of the sale for a while. The best thing is to just not create threads like this and let people sort it out on their own rather than dragging people into it and having conflicting viewpoints clash over and over.

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Whiptail_Warclaw

I'll stick with ORG thanks. I have no time for Yantis and choose not to support him or any of his sites. Simple as that.

You can stay here, visit both or stay at COM, I realy don't give two hoots. For me I know which site is better and feels like home.
Baron Whiptail "Mr Whippy" Warclaw
Iksar Savage Lord of 62 seasons.
Drinal server.
- Created: October 09, 2003.
Bringing ice-cream to the people of Norrath for the last 62 seasons...

"The only thing worse than one Beastlord, is six Beastlords, in a group, in the same zone as you... We'll try and leave you a few mobs."

Kashmiir Battlekat

================================================
As of 20 Jan 2004 12:00pm PST

EQBeastlord Current Posting Stats:
------------------------------------------------
Our users have posted a total of 107159 articles
We have 7398 registered users

The Beastlords' Den Posting Stats:
Our users have posted a total of 5985 articles
We have 960 registered users

As of 25 Jan 2004 4:40pm PST

EQBeastlord Current Posting Stats:
Our users have posted a total of 107686 articles
We have 7456 registered users

The Beastlords' Den Posting Stats:
Our users have posted a total of 6918 articles
We have 1036 registered users

=================================================
=================================================

Ok, lets break these numbers down...

EQBeastlord has had 527 Posts since 20 Jan 2004 to Present.
EQBeastlord has gained 58 Registered Users since 20 Jan 2004 to Present.

The Beastlords' Den has had 933 Posts since 20 Jan 2004 to Present.
The Beastlords' Den has gained 76 Registered Users since 20 Jan 2004 to Present.

And with them numbers... I bid you "Good day".

Furlyne

Personally, I tried to stay with both sites for a while.  I posted a simple question regarding our email addresses where I was told that Yantis doesn't have our email addresses because Oaga would have to get them for him.  Hmmm...  Since he no longer owns that information, he is powerless to stop yantis from doing it himself.  Not to try to boost up Yantis, but the guy does have some braincells or he would not have gotten where he is today with his own sites.  

I was not satisfied with the reply so I sent him an email asking that my account be purged.  His reply to this was to sticky my post to make me look like a fool.  True, it was only stickied for about two weeks, but it was still underhanded and rude.  My account is now inactive over there since I changed my email to a null acount, but my account has not been purged.

Like it or not, Yantis now owns all the posts and ideas on that site.  At the very least, he will profit from the "guides" he will have constructed from the information he owns.  Those nice charts and graphs that the users created and refined are now his to puplish if he sees fit to do so.  Having those same graphs and charts posted here could be argued as copyright infringement.  

Let me restate this, he owns any idea or information you posted to that site.  

Let also keep in mind that Yantis has been around longer that EQ.  

One of my favorite things about this site is that neve once have I seen the little icon in the lower right corner of my browser pop up when using this site.  Using the eqbeastlord site, I see it often.  I really don't like yantis's other sites like his plat market or his cheat site being sent cookies just because I go to a eq related site.

I should have seen this all coming when Oaga started allowing banner advertising on his site.  I complained several times that they all seemed to be for Yantis cheat sites.  I was rebuffed several time for mentioning it.  I seriously doubt that the sale of that site was a spontanious action to "help a family member".

I doubt we would have heard that story at all had a post not been made in public about it.  Seems like it was read just a few too many times before it was deleted and a damage control plan was rushed in to action.

If Oaga's, sorry, I meant Yantis' board falls it will be by Oaga's own sword, not ours.

Laba

Quote from: Vecsus
Vecsus is a mod of the old boards so his views are very one sided. He probally wants more people to move back to the old boards so he can feel important.

If that is what you think of me then you completely failed to comprehend even half of what I wrote.  If I want to feel important I would not be playing EQ.  This has nothing to do with my self esteem.  It has everything to do with wanting to see our community get over the us-them issue.  People think that I just made it worse with the post.  I happen to think that before people can get over something they must first have a complete understanding of it.  It is obvious that most people still don't.  And that applies to both boards.  One-sided?  I don't give a damn where people post.  I just want people to stop thinking that the members of the "other" board are some kind of monster.

And by all means move this to your rant section now.  The direction this has taken warrents it.   :wink:

I never thought the posters on the other board were monsters but i think Yantis Oaga and most likely the current mods are all lying scumbags. So how do you justify my IP being blocked? It was blocked becuase i posted a message about this board with a link. I guess its ok because i had a low post count and no one cared eh?
Laba Lamp
65 Beastlord
Legions of Darkness
Innoruuk Server

Kashmiir Battlekat

Post anything ya want here as long as it relavent. I wont 'block' you from posting a URL of a website (as long as you do it maturely and be unobtrusive).

Go to http://www.eqbeastlord.com and visit them if you like. I wont stop you or beg you to stay here, but always remember that here you have a home and over there you are "bling-bling" (aka $$$)

Elrathin

Plain and Simple.  I have gone back and forth between the 2 boards in the past 2 weeks to see how things settled down.  As of 3 days ago, I have made this board my home.  I have since deleted the old board from my favorites.  It's nice to have a home that SoE can recognize as the official BL forum.

-Elrathin-
-65 Feral Lord-

BloodCelt

Ya know... Kashmiir has the basis of a good idea in his post.  

Lets mend those fences with a free exchange of information! =0)

We'll start here..    http://www.eqbeastlord.com    Now, click that and see where it takes you =)

Okay, your back now, right?   okay Vecsus, now go to COM and type the same post there, only type in http://www.beastlords.org  and then click it =)

We'll wait here for you to get back from clicking the link there!

BC
[FONT COLOR=yellow]
Ironcelt McClain - Feral Lord - <The Mercenary Syndicate> The Rathe Server

Laba

Quote from: BloodCeltYa know... Kashmiir has the basis of a good idea in his post.  

Lets mend those fences with a free exchange of information! =0)

We'll start here..    http://www.eqbeastlord.com    Now, click that and see where it takes you =)

Okay, your back now, right?   okay Vecsus, now go to COM and type the same post there, only type in http://www.beastlords.org  and then click it =)

We'll wait here for you to get back from clicking the link there!

BC

Haha awesome BC i bet we never hear from him again
Laba Lamp
65 Beastlord
Legions of Darkness
Innoruuk Server

Vecsus

Haha awesome BC i bet we never hear from him again

I'll take that bet.   :twisted:
Feral Lord
Tarew Marr
MY MAGELO!

DiosT

QuoteThe information that the site contains is no different now than it was before the sale

Yeah, unfortunatly COM has the same information, while ORG has veteran posters from COM, as well as managment from the COM boards as well..

The ORG managment (which is more thatn just myself, the combination of Vopi, Kash, Jaeren, Queeg, myself, and Infinity Internet :twisted: make a strong team), allows this site to go far beyond either COM, or my personal beastlord site ever were going to become...

Personally, I have nothing against yantis, oaga, or sony... but I'm a team player, I wanted to stick with my friends and fellow frequent posters, and most of whom i cared about moved to this new board, so i went with them and offered my servers, and old site, as a foundation to start anew...

And i'm the type of person who likes to rebuild bigger and better than before...

I wish COM luck, I really do, but I'm sticking with my friends, and the strong backbone(the management), this site has.. We moderators/admins here are telling each other everything, so i feel much more confident in this site as it's run by active, beast-loving unpaid moderators/admins, so this site is here to stay...

Vecsus

Quote from: DiosTWe moderators/admins here are telling each other everything, so i feel much more confident in this site as it's run by active, beast-loving unpaid moderators/admins, so this site is here to stay...

Are you trying to imply that the mods on the COM site don't love the class?  Or that we are paid??  DiosT, I know you know better than that.  I've been playing this class since the day it came out.  You've no right to call my intentions into question or those of the other people on that site.  Shame on you.  That is exactly the sort of attitude that is going to keep pulling the two groups apart.
Feral Lord
Tarew Marr
MY MAGELO!

Ghoat

I just hate like hell to have to hit twice as many boards for my daily reading & posting :/

I think a lot of you are missing the point of the post - I dont think it was a .com vs .org, it was lamenting that everything shook out the way it did.  Frankly, I hate it came to that too, but I will not choose a side.  I remain a Mod (lying scumbag) over there, and an active member here.

And both boards have a lot less post per day/topics per day than when there was a single board, and that's too bad.

And Sony doesn't "need" a beastlord board anymore than they needed the shaman or any other type of board.  Sure they may make an account & might even post now and again  & read a few,  but I think we all know SoE better than to think they will look a class board & some lightbulb will go on.  Sometimes I don't even think they have damn thing in the socket to begin with.

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll

Ghoat

Oh, and moving this out of the general forum is silly IMHO :)

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll