Main Menu

A Community Divided (kinda long)

Started by Vecsus, January 25, 2004, 02:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laba

Seems to me that these com mods are using selective memory, either conciously or unconciously to justify their decision. I see that none of them have tackled the questions about why you can crosslink from here to there and not otherwise, or the bannings by Oaga.
Laba Lamp
65 Beastlord
Legions of Darkness
Innoruuk Server

Ghoat

Laba, I have not answered because I don't know.  I know what I have read here, and that there are 3 sides to every story - and I barely even know ONE of the sides at best.  

It's not selective memory on my part, it's that I have no clue. No way am I going to make some speculation just to watch it take a life of it's own, when I frankly don't know Jack Schiete about what happened, or didn't happen to some people, or why.

Clears that right not up, doesn't it not?

Ghoat! The Relentless - Cazic Thule Server           Fat Troll

Kashmiir Battlekat

I would really perfer that this thread just die and all of us get back to our day to day goodness :)

Vescus, you are welcome here. I 'want' you to be here, but if you are only here to drum up trouble or 'get people h8'ing' then please leave. If you wish to be a contributing member of this forum I bid you a merry welcome and have at it if not please leave us on your own choice. I havent yet banned anyone or deleted anyones posts (except in my "Are you a level 65 beastlord" thread which was announced in the thread).

So I am asking you to please be a kind, informative Beastlord here. Heck, post http://www.eqbeastlord.com in your sig. I dont mind, but contribute, silently read or if you must be negative, go away.

Thats all I ask of you and anyone in this community really.

DiosT

I'm with kash on this..

I will not censor anyone from posting EQBeastlord.com, unless it is an obvious attempt at spaming

I will welcome anyone, including moderators from eqbeastlord, assuming they are here to do anything BUT degenerate/destroy the community by spam or negative posts, or to intentionally break community rules (which are simply the same kind of rules EQBeastlord has, including no flaming board members, etc.)

Best of luck to you COM people, if you want to continue a discussion with me, take it to PM and i'll gladly entertain you, but not going to monitor this thread much more.

Vecsus

Ok, it's very hard for me to keep up with all of this since I'm at work.  Much like a few others here I am in the Military (14 year Air Force) and am working 12-14 hour shifts with sporadic access to a computer that can access the unclassified internet.   So I will make some general comments to address a few of the main themes I've caught.

1.  I am NOT trying to drum up support for the COM site.  The size of my virtual penis is not affected by the number of posts made there.

2. The post I made that started this whole ordeal was not intended to be negative.  That it took on that flavor is unfortunate.  I wrote it hoping to break down some of the barriers between the two sites, not erect new ones.

3. I did not come to this board to stir up shit.  I posted the exact same thing on both sites.  If I had wanted a fight I would have written it much differently (and trust me, when I want to fight people will know it.)

4. I am a new mod on the COM site.  I was never privy to the workings of the site at the time of the sale.  I was not part of the decision to edit links to this site.  I support cross-links.  I think that sentiment is evident in my original post.

5. If I refuse to respond to every single accusation thrown at me it's not because I have nothing to say.  Often in situations like this there will be no solution no matter what is said.  In cases like that someone has to just let it drop.  I chose to be that someone on some of the issues brought up here.  If I am either unqualified to answer or lacking the proper data to give a sufficient response I will usally not make one at all.  I already talk out of my ass enough as it is.   I'll be baited or taunted into widening an arguement when it's counterproductive to the resolution of the main issue.

6.  I'm not a bad guy despite what people seem to think.  I'm not huggable but I am certainly not evil.  

So people can please stop sending me cross-server tells now.  I get little time to play as it is.  Getting abuse while I am in-game ruins the relaxation that i seek when i play    :)
Vecsus Strangiato <Enlightened Dark>
Feral Lord
Tarew Marr
MY MAGELO!

Kerath

QuoteWhat I was saying is that in the "links" section, neither lists the other site.

Not true Ghoat.  In the same place as all the other EQ related links there is a link to the other site.  It is even in a thread called "EQ Links".
Kerath A'klawwn - Feral Lord <Stromm>

Ghoat

Quote from: Kerath
QuoteWhat I was saying is that in the "links" section, neither lists the other site.

Not true Ghoat.  In the same place as all the other EQ related links there is a link to the other site.  It is even in a thread called "EQ Links".

There are only 4 "links" list on the front page.  That site is not one. No biggie.  FFS, you goobers stop trying to go lawyer on & pull out they in some post codknowswhere on the board there is a link! Hell there are links are in this thread.

I'll say this one time REAL slow, in case there are some other dumbasses in Alabama with  me!  "The boards in thier links section (not in a post somewhere but the ByGodLinksSection) do not show each other"  Nothing more, nothing less. OMG!  And now even that is not true.  I don't have enuff hair on my head to cover all the hairs people are tying to split.

/runs screaming

Oh, and PS, thanks for the kinda words Kash :)

Jaeren

Open your eyes Ghost ;)

http://beastlords.org/links.php

Links

1. Overall/Multi-Class Websites Offical Sony EQ Page
  2. Allakhazam's Magical Realm
  3. Casters Realm
  4. Everlore
  5. Mob Hunter
  6. RPG Blacklist
  7. EQ Traders
  8. Lucy (Spell/Item Database)
  9. Illia's EverQuest Beastiary

1. Maps/UI: EQ Atlas
  2. EQ Maps
  3. EQGUI
  4. EQ Interface
  5. EQ Skins

1. Message Boards: (Not including most sites w/attached boards) Official Sony Boards
  2. Paladins of Norrath
  3. The Safehouse
  4. Shadowknight.org

1. Class Websites: The Beastlords' Den (This site)
  2. EQBeastlord (Beastlords)
  3. EQBerserker (Berserker)
  4. The Concert Hall (Bard)
  5. EQDiva (Bard)
  6. EQ Cleric (Cleric)
  7. The Mage Compendium(Magician)
  8. Norrath's Druids (Druid)
  9. Monkly Business (Monk)
 10. EQClasses (Necromancer)
 11. Paladins of Norrath (Paladin)
 12. The Ranger's Glade (Ranger)
 13. The Knightwatch (Shadowknight)
 14. EQ Shaman (Shaman)
 15. Shaman of Justice (Shaman)
 16. The Shaman's Crucible (Shaman)
 17. The Steel Warrior (Warrior)
 18. The Warrior's Forge (Warrior)
 19. Grafee's Wizard Compilation (Wizard)

See it now? ;)

This is a recent addition, we kept our word. We got a link from the com page, we put one from ours.  They still filter out our url though and well, we never did filter theirs ;)

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Vecsus

not exactly sure why you think links to this site are still being filtered on the other site.  I can post them just fine.
Feral Lord
Tarew Marr
MY MAGELO!

Laba

Yantis is scared because the old board is slowly losing steam and he wants to increase his PR by seeming to not care about people using this board. Hes hoping that by having cross links more people will post there meaning more money for his pockets.
Laba Lamp
65 Beastlord
Legions of Darkness
Innoruuk Server

Vecsus

Yantis has nothing to do with the decision to start cross-linking.  Seriously, some of you are just trying to drum up conspiracy where there is none.
Feral Lord
Tarew Marr
MY MAGELO!

Thrashum Gud

We have crosslinking, the problems of information finding/sharing are now resolved.  

I think nw would be a really good time to say 'nuff said.

Whiptail_Warclaw

/ooc "Want to buy Dead Horse... must be fresh and unflogged!"
Baron Whiptail "Mr Whippy" Warclaw
Iksar Savage Lord of 62 seasons.
Drinal server.
- Created: October 09, 2003.
Bringing ice-cream to the people of Norrath for the last 62 seasons...

"The only thing worse than one Beastlord, is six Beastlords, in a group, in the same zone as you... We'll try and leave you a few mobs."

Ghoat

Quote from: Thrashum GudWe have crosslinking, the problems of information finding/sharing are now resolved.  

I think nw would be a really good time to say 'nuff said.

/agree

Thumbs up to both sets of Admins

Now, to find this Ghost that Jaeren speaks of & smack him around the head and neck a bit ;)

Kashmiir Battlekat

This horse has been beaten to death :) Im locking this thread also.