Main Menu

Elidroth--Asked us to notify CL about new AA ideas

Started by Mordeb42, July 08, 2009, 10:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mordeb42

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?start=0&topic_id=153033&#2233867

I would like to see an upgrade to defensive.  Maybe make it 2x as long or use our pet's hps along with ours?
AA slow
More levels of our aa dot, stun, and attack debuff.
More levels of triple attack.
I would like to see weapon specialization aas.  Like H2H, 1hb, 2hb, p etc that would increase damage or accuracy.
Passive AA for pets to stop attacking during enrage.
Passive AA to reduce Merc cost?
Passive AA to reduce power source drain.
AA to summon a very very weak power source.  One we can use all the time on trash etc.  1/5 of a light power source or something.
Would love a weak version of panther either as AA or spell.  Something around the power level of the DON line shamens have.
AA to position at max Melee range for pet and pc.

jitathab

Hzath

Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

jitathab

Seriously though, if you DO have things you want to PM, send them to Jyve, I know him well and he is on the right side and is not a mage, so they wont be edited.

Tadenea

Guess I am not counted as a Good CL :( , I think Nodyin did not pass over the AA Wishlist over to New AA person. I did reposted Beastlord AA Wishlist for Elidroth to view, and left links to this post and wishlist post
SoE Community Leader
Ranger of Test Server

Selronis

So let's brainstorm guys.  We were asked for feedback from a dev, now's our oppurtunity.

1 AA attack/disease/poison debuff - seperated or together or partial.
2 Maybe continue our incapcitate line through AA's, hasn't been increased since like level 56.
3 AA to make taste of blood passive? so it's not useless.
4 some sort of pulling/pacify aa (one of our parent classes is a monk right) make it long duration like 10min so not overpowering

Selronis

Sharrien

Quote from: Tadenea on July 08, 2009, 02:51:11 PM
Guess I am not counted as a Good CL :( , I think Nodyin did not pass over the AA Wishlist over to New AA person. I did reposted Beastlord AA Wishlist for Elidroth to view, and left links to this post and wishlist post

We appreciate the work you did to compile the AA wish list Tadenea.  Thanks for following up with it and passing it to the devs.  I'm glad we have one of the CLs actually visit this board since we don't have any that plays a beast as their main.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Obsessedwith

I am in favor of more offensive aa's and defensive aa's for both us and pet, not just a continuation of the current lines but something unique that would make an inpact.  Our pets have gone by the wayside in comparison to mages and our dps is also falling short. Maybe something like...

Feral Senses: 5 ranks, increase avoidance by 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 for both pet and owner
Feral Spirit: 5 ranks, increase mitigation by 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 for both pet and owner
Double attack: would like to see 5 to 10 more ranks of this
Triple attack: would like to see 5 to 10 more ranks of this
Flurry: maybe 3 to 5 ranks
More crit aa's for both spells and melee

Also read on another post about an aa for summoning weapons/armor for pets, would like to see maybe just an aa ability that allows the pets to be fully equipped on cast of the pet.

Restirnaei

An AA that allowed pets to be geared in at least the armor would be excellent. It's hard to convince a mage to give armor every time the pet dies. Make it cost a bit to max out if it's that big a problem, but i think it's an excellent idea.

Praxxis

Quote from: Obsessedwith on July 08, 2009, 05:54:26 PM
I am in favor of more offensive aa's and defensive aa's for both us and pet, not just a continuation of the current lines but something unique that would make an inpact.  Our pets have gone by the wayside in comparison to mages and our dps is also falling short. Maybe something like...

Feral Senses: 5 ranks, increase avoidance by 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 for both pet and owner
Feral Spirit: 5 ranks, increase mitigation by 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 for both pet and owner
Double attack: would like to see 5 to 10 more ranks of this
Triple attack: would like to see 5 to 10 more ranks of this
Flurry: maybe 3 to 5 ranks
More crit aa's for both spells and melee

Also read on another post about an aa for summoning weapons/armor for pets, would like to see maybe just an aa ability that allows the pets to be fully equipped on cast of the pet.

I like these ideas.  To add on that.  I would like to see either us or our pet be able to tank SoD content better.  I've seen Cleric mercs keep mage pets alive on T5 nameds, but we're hit and miss trying to tank T4 nameds in equal gear.

Not to mention on parses, I've seen a 1000-1500dps difference between a T5 geared mage versus a T5 geared Bst on raid burns.  That is pretty huge if you ask me.

Hzath

QuoteI like these ideas.  To add on that.  I would like to see either us or our pet be able to tank SoD content better.  I've seen Cleric mercs keep mage pets alive on T5 nameds, but we're hit and miss trying to tank T4 nameds in equal gear.

Not to mention on parses, I've seen a 1000-1500dps difference between a T5 geared mage versus a T5 geared Bst on raid burns.  That is pretty huge if you ask me.

WTB your mages.  

As a constructive idea how about hastened bite of the "whatever" we already got feral swipe down to 21second refresh and lots of classes have similar AAs for their good spells/discs.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Sikkem

Quote from: Sharrien on July 08, 2009, 05:54:10 PM
Quote from: Tadenea on July 08, 2009, 02:51:11 PM

We appreciate the work you did to compile the AA wish list Tadenea.  Thanks for following up with it and passing it to the devs.  I'm glad we have one of the CLs actually visit this board since we don't have any that plays a beast as their main.

Ditto on what Sharrien said Tadenea.

I believe most are annoyed that no beastlord is a CL. I am sure you understand it is hard to fight for a class when you don't play one at a high level. Thanks for your efforts though they are appreciated :)

With mages having 2 class representatives that are active in nerfing the beastlord what hope do we have as a class?

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Zunar

I like the idea of hastened nuke recast timers.

Some sort of pet immunity AA for enrage would be nice

Perhaps a flurry disc, or something, if we aren't geting another dps disc :P maybe even some flurry AAs would be nice.

I'd like to see our second spire deleted, and make it a defense sort of spire instead, similar to what monks have. We still got 1st and 3rd spire for dps anyways, and 2nd kinda sucks as it is imo atleast.

Lastly...maybe an AA FD for the pet, but make it a 2min+ refresh or so (necro's have it....monks have FD, so why not give our pet a way, even with a longer reuse time, while being limited (so it won't make us overpowered), it's still useful for something)
Before all the negativity, think about rangers, our fellow hybrid dps class...and their paci arrow...in my guild if we need a hard split in raids, we don't even ask a monk or a bard anymore, when rangers can do it faster, safer and easier.

Karve

I like the idea of weapon specialization ... something that instead of upping all types of weapon skill would let you raise just 1 to say +50 over current skill - if it would give a worthwhile return ;)

Endurance regen, they asked :)

Monks get a tome of distraction for pulling  even though they can FD .. some form of paci / distraction split would be neat.

anything that makes pets live longer / able to offtank once again .

Brainstorming here :  perhaps "fercious roar" pet only ability which freezes a mob with fear (mezz effect) any attack would break it,  when this aa is used, it stops the pet from attacking but requires the pets focus for the mez effect .. ie we lose pet dps while its mezzing a mob, but we get the add controlled .. now that would be an aa worth some serious investment!)
Various levels, hugely expensive with each level adding to duration (or max mob level in ranks or something)

Professional Mad Bastard.

jitathab

Tadenea dont take it personally, I was only saying if wanted to PM someone then Jyve can be trusted too.

Anyway, on the requests, apparently the more detail, the fewest TLA's and parses will help support each case. i.e. dont say BF needs increase of 10% because it sucks. Need to say Bestial Frenzy needs a 10% increase because of X Y Z.   And that way the suggestions more likely to get taken up.