Main Menu

Elidroth--Asked us to notify CL about new AA ideas

Started by Mordeb42, July 08, 2009, 10:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denti

Devs do not clearly define a class role, except in cases where it is obvious like warriors or clerics. They do have some clearer definition they use themselves, but simply do not share them with the players for some good reasons as those definitions do change over time.

Panthur

Pondering if the idea of our Growl line being a group buff, via aa or whatever. Would be intersting over long fights and give at least some extra raid desirablity not to mention a use for gom aa line as i imagine the mana cost to keep it up would be outstandlingly expensive.  :-D

Jili

I think that has been suggested before, but the answer is that it collides with Shammys Champ and would render them crippled.

Gamgan

Quote from: Denti on August 13, 2009, 10:38:47 AM
Devs do not clearly define a class role, except in cases where it is obvious like warriors or clerics. They do have some clearer definition they use themselves, but simply do not share them with the players for some good reasons as those definitions do change over time.

The problem with not knowing (or having) a somewhat clearly defined role is when you ask for feedback from those players for their new AAs.  Do we want to focus on DPS, revive our long lost utility abilities, put our pets in a competitive state?  We can suggest all the DPS AAs we want if devs like the place we sit in damage dealing wise, and consider us a utility class.

Panthur

Back when bsts came out, i had two favorite classes. Mage and bst. Mage vs bst identities were defined. I enjoyed pet tanking and blowing stuff up with nukes on mage. Just as much as i loved pet clericing, and pounding on mobs with my companion.

Where is that thrill now? Mages appear to have a good class definition but when they made bsts, its like the had an idea then that was lost within the last few expansions, like they didn't know WHAT a bst was anymore.

This lack of identity is making my bst class realy hard to both play and enjoy.

How can devs propose new AA for us when they have no clue what our class identity is from which to guide them?

Stop with the mages crap. We AREN'T mages. I dont care whos pet is stronger. A mage has WAY better utility FOR their pets (aka ds, toys, armor, focus jewlery), and a bst had...pet heals. Both pets could tank and defend us. What used to set us apart was how we each attended our pets. Pet and owner are two seperate identities that make up the whole package.

Durew

Not sure if this is a new AA idea, but more of an alteration... but please add the ability to block the Wurine werewolf illusion while still using the AA... the grey werewolf is REALLY old
Durew - 85 Druid
Zurew - 85 Beastlord
Officer / Raid Leader - Kratos - Luclin

Inphared

Quote from: Durew on August 30, 2009, 07:59:01 PM
Not sure if this is a new AA idea, but more of an alteration... but please add the ability to block the Wurine werewolf illusion while still using the AA... the grey werewolf is REALLY old

There's already a thread on this under the AA Discussion section. Go vote (if it's still open to voting?) and toss your feedback there.

kharthai

Quote from: Inphared on September 03, 2009, 10:54:54 PM
Go vote (if it's still open to voting?) and toss your feedback there.

I left it open for voting, not personally going to go any farther with it though, as far as hasslin' devs and such.

Kraeel

I know I am new. But why dont we have punishing blade? Like every melee class hybrid gets this but us. 

Mazame

Quote from: Kraeel on September 15, 2009, 06:32:33 PM
I know I am new. But why dont we have punishing blade? Like every melee class hybrid gets this but us. 

We were the 1st to have a push. our pets push  you put the swarm / wolf / pet  all on one side of the mob and watch it move. we didn't get it cause we don't need more push

Khauruk

Quote from: Mazame on September 16, 2009, 10:30:29 PM
We were the 1st to have a push. our pets push  you put the swarm / wolf / pet  all on one side of the mob and watch it move. we didn't get it cause we don't need more push

I'm not sure I see the connection between push, and our non-receipt of Punishing Blade.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

jitathab

Punishing blade gives a chance to add an extra attack a round iirc, not sure where push is an issue either.

Grbage

Umm, yeah. DW produces a lot more push then any 2 hander.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv