Main Menu

Elidroth--Asked us to notify CL about new AA ideas

Started by Mordeb42, July 08, 2009, 10:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khauruk

I would rather just block it.  If I illusion over pact, I have to drop that illusion before I hit Bestial Alignment.  It's also another clicky/potion to carry/cast.  It's also non-trivial to get an ogre illusion.  I made an ogre, I just wanna keep bein' one.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

kharthai

I do illusion over it sometimes, and I'm an iksar so I can use FoS mask, but when I'm raiding I don't want to mess around with having to click off stuff so I can hit BA, like Khauruk noted.  It's not my main concern with our class or anything, just something that (one would think) could be changed quickly and easily.

Zunar

I think BA is what should be split in two tbh  :-)
I think it should be made just like GBA, with 2 separate buffs.

Selronis

Hzath

AAs to shorten the cast time on yowl at the moon line.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Selronis

So here are our ideas all in one spot:

1. AA slow
2. More levels of our aa dot, stun, and attack debuff.
3. More levels of triple attack.
4. I would like to see weapon specialization aas.  Like H2H, 1hb, 2hb, p etc that would increase damage or accuracy.
5. Passive AA for pets to stop attacking during enrage.
6. Passive AA to reduce Merc cost?
7. Passive AA to reduce power source drain.
8. AA to summon a power source. 
9. Would love a weak version of panther either as AA or spell. 
10. AA to position at max Melee range for pet and pc.
11. AA attack/disease/poison debuff - seperated or together or partial.
12. Maybe continue our incapcitate line through AA's, hasn't been increased since like level 56.
13. AA to make taste of blood passive? so it's not useless.
14. some sort of pulling/pacify aa (one of our parent classes is a monk right) make it long duration like 10min so not overpowering
15. Endurance regen
16. perhaps "fercious roar" pet only ability which freezes a mob with fear (mezz effect) any attack would break it
17. I like the idea of hastened nuke recast timers.
18. Some sort of pet immunity AA for enrage would be nice
19. Perhaps a flurry disc, or something, if we aren't geting another dps disc  maybe even some flurry AAs would be nice.
20. pet FD
21. Feral Senses: 5 ranks, increase avoidance by 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 for both pet and owner
22. Feral Spirit: 5 ranks, increase mitigation by 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 for both pet and owner
23. Double attack: would like to see 5 to 10 more ranks of this
24. Triple attack: would like to see 5 to 10 more ranks of this
25. Flurry: maybe 3 to 5 ranks
26. More crit aa's for both spells and melee
27. Also read on another post about an aa for summoning weapons/armor for pets, would like to see maybe just an aa ability that allows the pets to be fully equipped on cast of the pet.
28. AAs to shorten the cast time on yowl at the moon line.
29. Wu's Pity: Boosts dodge and block skill caps to that of a monks.

Denti

I have to question if it is wise to ask about higher triple attack skill without raising our double attack first. Triple only fires off the main hand while double fires off both hands, besides triple checks double first and needs that to fire before it can fire.

medoc

i would love a pet defence aa something that shares the pets and its owners health and maybe let it last for 18 sec
like most other discs. our defence disc is way way overdue to be upgraded.
on another note what about an aa to make our defence disc last a little longer 10 sec is not much time to do anything never mind gain agro

Maylian

Quote from: medoc on July 13, 2009, 09:09:47 AM
i would love a pet defence aa something that shares the pets and its owners health and maybe let it last for 18 sec
on another note what about an aa to make our defence disc last a little longer 10 sec is not much time to do anything never mind gain agro

The point as I see it of the defense disc is when we have agro to allow us to survive long enough to get a heal and drop it again, it is not meant as a tanking function.

wildwaters

Quote from: Maylian on July 13, 2009, 09:50:15 AM

The point as I see it of the defense disc is when we have agro to allow us to survive long enough to get a heal and drop it again, it is not meant as a tanking function.

That's cause we aren't tanks 8D

Kanan

Quote from: wildwaters on July 13, 2009, 12:35:26 PM
Quote from: Maylian on July 13, 2009, 09:50:15 AM

That's cause we aren't tanks 8D

Decent bsts can tank anything for 12 seconds.  After that, we're necro bait.  I love it when I'm on the 11th second and then a tank taunts it off =)

For mitigation purposes, I'm pretty certain that we have the best mitigation % disc in the game.  The duration stinks relative to other discs, but as WW pointed out, we ain't tanks.  It's an OS tool, not a tool to be used constantly.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Maylian

Add to that it has the best reuse timer it is a fantastic disc and I love it, I'm sure most others do.

medoc

guys the beta is coming fast and as far as i see it if ya don't ask ya wont get plain and simple. we are level 85 and to tell the truth most classes have a few defence aa that includes casters we have 1.
a pet defence aa would not be over powering besides the pet and the owner would take damage and it could have a 30 min timer so it would not be overpowering .

wildwaters

Quote from: medoc on July 13, 2009, 05:42:44 PM
guys the beta is coming fast and as far as i see it if ya don't ask ya wont get plain and simple. we are level 85 and to tell the truth most classes have a few defence aa that includes casters we have 1.
a pet defence aa would not be over powering besides the pet and the owner would take damage and it could have a 30 min timer so it would not be overpowering .

I think most of us agree that a pet sharing defensive aa would be cool.

I think you miss the point that your proposed boosts to defensive disc are showing that you miss the point of the disc. It isn't designed as a tanking function. Like Kanan said its designed to keep you up until you can drop aggro. I also used it when my SK was still forming up and dropped on nameds, it allowed me to tank the last few hp's on the named so we didnt wipe.

However, I would be in favor of an increase to the mitigation% of our defensive disc if mob attack is so high and group gear ac is so lacking in the new expansion that we need a few more hp's worth of mitigation to live through accidental aggro.

medoc

i understand that its designed to keep us up till we drop agro but when the main tank drops 12 seconds is not much time to do anything . don't get me wrong i like our disc but i think we still need another even if it is on a long reuse timer or make our existing disc last longer if only a few seconds