Main Menu

Role of a beastlord.

Started by Mazame, August 01, 2009, 06:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kindarring2

Wow are people that upset with our class? I think our class is one of the top in the game. In our guild 2 of our bst are normally in the top 10 in dps if not top 12. They need to just semi fix a few items or remove them.

Now for fero it blows. I would love to see an aura or group keep everything the same just make it where it can hit more.

Pets are fine... if you can not keep them alive change class. AND THEY SNARE :)

Dots blow but are great on raids if you have chanter buff or aura(because of it being instant).

Our heals they should take away but I still use them they can help as a patch if you need them. But we are not healers so I understand.

We wear leather and you want to tank???? Then change class...

But really this post I did sucks but our class is great and really what I can do with my bstlord and a cleric bot bstlords are overpowered. I have always thought are class was on top of the game there is no class I'd rather play. Only 2 problems with our class heals/fero get rid of them or aura or something to make them worth while but if no changes I"m still loving my class and will never change it.
Gimpbstlord  dam i need to update

Kindo dam i need to update

Gutterr

Quote from: kindarring2 on August 03, 2009, 08:54:49 PM
Wow are people that upset with our class? I think our class is one of the top in the game. In our guild 2 of our bst are normally in the top 10 in dps if not top 12. They need to just semi fix a few items or remove them.

Now for fero it blows. I would love to see an aura or group keep everything the same just make it where it can hit more.

Pets are fine... if you can not keep them alive change class. AND THEY SNARE :)

Dots blow but are great on raids if you have chanter buff or aura(because of it being instant).

Our heals they should take away but I still use them they can help as a patch if you need them. But we are not healers so I understand.

We wear leather and you want to tank???? Then change class...

But really this post I did sucks but our class is great and really what I can do with my bstlord and a cleric bot bstlords are overpowered. I have always thought are class was on top of the game there is no class I'd rather play. Only 2 problems with our class heals/fero get rid of them or aura or something to make them worth while but if no changes I"m still loving my class and will never change it.

I agree 100%.  The way I see it there are two types of beastlords.  One that wants to be the best class ever (tank, heal, FD, mezz adds, did I forget anything?).  In other words, they are completely out of touch with the reality of the game.  The danger is that these folks represent themselves as the majority of the class (mostly because they whine the most and loudest).  I guess the other type is happy the way the class is.  There are some issues that would be great if they were fixed.  Here's my fix for the whiners:

1) get AAs and spend them on offense (our DPS is actually pretty good, not the best but respectable)
2) you might be immune to enrage (hint: your pet isn't) call them off before the mob enrages, they will actually live thru a fight!
3) load a heal and even a pet heal.
4) if you want to play a class that does something other than beastlords do, start that class

Inphared

Quote from: Gutterr on August 03, 2009, 11:40:42 PM
I agree 100%.  The way I see it there are two types of beastlords.  One that wants to be the best class ever (tank, heal, FD, mezz adds, did I forget anything?).  In other words, they are completely out of touch with the reality of the game.  The danger is that these folks represent themselves as the majority of the class (mostly because they whine the most and loudest).  I guess the other type is happy the way the class is.  There are some issues that would be great if they were fixed.  Here's my fix for the whiners:

1) get AAs and spend them on offense (our DPS is actually pretty good, not the best but respectable)
2) you might be immune to enrage (hint: your pet isn't) call them off before the mob enrages, they will actually live thru a fight!
4) if you want to play a class that does something other than beastlords do, start that class

My name is Inphared, and I approve this post.

Hzath

Quote from: Inphared on August 04, 2009, 12:19:56 AM
I agree 100%.  The way I see it there are two types of beastlords.  One that wants to be the best class ever (tank, heal, FD, mezz adds, did I forget anything?).  In other words, they are completely out of touch with the reality of the game.  The danger is that these folks represent themselves as the majority of the class (mostly because they whine the most and loudest).  I guess the other type is happy the way the class is.  There are some issues that would be great if they were fixed.  Here's my fix for the whiners:

My name is Inphared, and I like having a high post count so people think I'm important.

that's better
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Panthur

My peeve is we have become a cut and paste of the average melee all blending into obscurity with nothing defining us as beastlords. If our warder isn't part of us that makes us a beastlord then why have it?

As for enrange, the pet can't block, hence it gets raped by any meleeing mob regardless of pet being in enrage mode.

Obsessedwith

Quote from: Panthur on August 04, 2009, 03:14:46 AM
As for enrange, the pet can't block, hence it gets raped by any meleeing mob regardless of pet being in enrage mode.

Maybe i am confused as to the meaning here but enrage is riposte not block. As far as where that comment comes from (i think) he was saying that we are immune, pets are not, back them off and they will live most likely.

nedoirah

I believe we are a dps/utility class but are we more dps or more utility? As I stated in a post in a different thread: our buffs have stagnated in comparision to other classes such as clerics and shaman. I would like to see our buffs curve up in a similiar move as our parent class has. The second move I would like to see is an improvement to our pets. There is no reason we should sacrifice our personal dps to see an improvement to our pets. As far as tanking goes, I think that stems from us being a ~solo~ class. I don't think that really fits the description of our class any longer. (at least not the higher levels)

Those of us tanking: are they raid beasts tanking/soloing in higher end group zones or what? Unfortunately for me the tanking route I took was due to the fact I rolled a beast as my first character and has been my main ever since. Every toon I made after that was to support my beast. Even tanking toons such as warriors never really went much further than getting up to decent levels but no aa or gear to support them. Another thing on tanking is the off-tanking role I've found myself, at least, performing. In that respect I would like to have more tank type ability. But not anything on par with true tank classes.

I agree we need this thread and I hope a lot of beasts post here on their thoughts. This way we can unify and take this to the devs and get our class back on track.

Mazame

No where did I say I wanted to not be a Bst. I not asking to be able to due it all. I started a bst on day 1 and have Loved it every min. alot of the things I was asking for where to bring back what we had in the past. if we can scaled correctly would would have been way over powered and I didn't want that and so I offer a trade off to be able to due what we could when we first were born.

I  left the game for 3 years and over that time the bst has dropped from the standing it was and the voice was not able to over come and maybe your content with what was taken from you but as a bst that knew a better time if the GM are asking I like to have back what been stolen.

Buffs where never as good as a shammy but if one was not around our would be asked for back in the day. as for today they not even an after thought. Shammys have gone over cap for years our now with new gear are nothing. No I don't want to see us with better then shammy buffs but I love so see us get some of there older ones that go over cap so when non around we can fill in.

Tanking were we ever ment to be MT no but in group many many times I remember stepping up and off tanking with my pet for a group. I used to also on inc would send my pet to tank one of a double pull. he would taunt and hold untill the mez could get to it. this also help for when mez broke it would go to my pet over the chanter.

healing I know of countless times I step in to help patch heal and saved a group from being sent to bind both when grinding and on raids.  yes these days our heals are little but I still use them.

Paragon when it 1st came out was  a lot of mana / hp compared to what players total hp/mana was. the sad part is over time we gained more HP and MANA and spells are costing more mobs hitting for more just %wise paragon has been scaled back the high teirs give less per tier then the starting tiers so do I want it fixed ya I would like to see the same mana / hp I got for T1 and I get for T13 with the growing mana/hp pool and the harder hitting mobs why not have a spell that when 1st add made and impact make an inpact now.  and for those of you raiding and use it a lot I sorry but I just don't see it. now with the 3 6 man raids I held on to it to MGB but in 54 mana raids like it was said before it un needed the mobs die to fast that most ppl still 40%+ on mana no need to use it. most the time we finish events and everyone is 60%+ on mana I used it when it pops but even if I didn't  they would still have mana left at the end so  ya currently I feel it dosn't make an impact.  36 man tower raids ok I used it on event 2 and 6 other then that in was in the ready and not needed.

if they don't make any changes will I stop playing a bst no I love my bst to much. I just want my bst to not be sliding back words each year because the GM's can't figger out what role we should play and so we get shafted and back slide. the class was a great one to start and other classed have scaled up over the years where we scaled down.

Razimir

Or if you want only more DPS not utility, start another class.

There is no set skills or roles for majority classes in this game execptions are warrior and cleric. All other classes have somekind of utility and some other roles. Many classes has evolved and beastlords have too. Even pure melees got mez, slow, snare etc. Rangers got HA and nice little other tricks lately. It makes me wonder why some ppl just wanna keep bsts from evolving further? Lets face it, beastlord as class sucked when it was published, the only catch we had back then was melee class who has a pet. I'm happy that some people had somekind of vision and evolved us the stage we are atm.
What is so special about beastlords, that makes us beastlords?

- We are good dps (wasn't there originally)
- self levitation and self fixed invisibility
- uber 65 lvl and 70 lvl slow spells.
- 55 lvl protective spirit disc
- our warder can snare (wasn't there originally)
- We can feed some mana, which is getting less and less important (wasn't there originally).
- some minor heals
- SE spell line (which is getting moot)

That is about all we got atm and there is no room for more utility or improvement? I love my class, but I'd like to see some "out of the box" thinking when devs asks what we want. Min max thinking will not get us anywhere.

I have never been more content of our class as now, but we can't stop evolving or we will be that redheaded step child again, the one we used to be.

-Raz

rhaug

Quote from: Gutterr on Yesterday at 07:40:42 PM
I agree 100%.  The way I see it there are two types of beastlords.  One that wants to be the best class ever (tank, heal, FD, mezz adds, did I forget anything?).  In other words, they are completely out of touch with the reality of the game.  The danger is that these folks represent themselves as the majority of the class (mostly because they whine the most and loudest).  I guess the other type is happy the way the class is.  There are some issues that would be great if they were fixed.  Here's my fix for the whiners:

reactions like this are exactly the reason that we stagnate over the years and drop down on the table.
because people dont ask anything and then they dont give us anything new. where other classes just ask and get some stuff.

i see us more as a combat class, with some small utilities.
so in that way i like a power up of our dps abilty and pet dps.

the best utility we have is fos and pos, that needs to be scaled up a lot towards current mana hp pools.
there are not many healers that go oom in our raids,

i ask some dps aa,  burst dps will be nice.

and i love pets thats why i choosed a beastlord, so i dont mind some new summoned pet aa, not like attack of the warders but more like a alternative yowl on a 15 min timer.

in that way also a summon pet gear aa, or bettera pet that comes with full gear.
tired of asking mages the same stuff over and over.

a way to drop aggro quik on a short timer refresh

and a fix of our pet dps, the pet dps really need a good improve.
since its the cause that we dont have full double attacks etc.
so its reasonable that the dps from the pet should be higher then it is, its around 450 atm?

for some real special aa, what do you want? something like harmonic arrow, or smokescreen
or a indoor pacify aa or some kind of trap that makes us able to split mobs?

Zunar

I think it'd be cool if we could use the warder more as utility.
Maybe if we could use different warder buffs to make it change it's usefulness.
ofc these abilities would then not stack.

1) Tanking buff (ability to tank better, and maybe even make it able to taunt off players if desired)
2) Dps buff (more dps, but maybe not able to snare or slow or stun)
3) Ranged Dps buff (maybe make it take more damage in melee in this "mode")
4) Dps + snare (slightly less dps than no.2)
5) Dps + slow (again less dps than 2nd option)
6) Dps + stun (-------"-------)
7) something cool [insert here]

Well, maybe someone else has better ideas, but this gives an idea of what I'm aiming at  :-)

Grbage

During PoP/GoD we were a well balanced class, did nothing particularly well but the overall package was fun and desirable in groups/raids. That's the state I would love to see us returned to instead of 2nd tier dps class with almost no utility.

Fixes:
-Make it so our pets are summoned fully kitted (like mage pets), give us the full pet aa line (like mages), give our pets block (like all the rest of the pets), give our pet parry parity, 2 hit rune (like mage pets) then we would have a pet that not only would survive but could tank again. As for DPS, would be nice but yeah we have to decide if our dps should be locked into us or the pet. I would personallly like to dps parity with mage pets too but at least make it so shiny bob doesnt do as much or more dps then a basic bst pet.

-Buffs, we used to buff as well as a shaman by throwing the spell book at someone where a shaman could do it in just a few buffs. Give us stat cap breaking sta/str/dex to add to our focus/sv, not as desirable as shaman buffs but still wanted if a shaman wasnt around.

-Debuffs have become more important as slow has been nerfed. Something more recent then incapacitate would be nice.

-Heals/cures, we've been left out in the cold on these for no apparent reason. Give us the boost all the rest of the healing classes got.

Those are easy enough changes that would not "overpower" us a class and would not take anything away from another class.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Maylian

Quote from: rhaug on August 04, 2009, 09:09:07 AM

Quote from: Gutterr on Yesterday at 07:40:42 PM

reactions like this are exactly the reason that we stagnate over the years and drop down on the table.
because people dont ask anything and then they dont give us anything new. where other classes just ask and get some stuff.

i see us more as a combat class, with some small utilities.
so in that way i like a power up of our dps abilty and pet dps.

the best utility we have is fos and pos, that needs to be scaled up a lot towards current mana hp pools.
there are not many healers that go oom in our raids,

i ask some dps aa,  burst dps will be nice.

and i love pets thats why i choosed a beastlord, so i dont mind some new summoned pet aa, not like attack of the warders but more like a alternative yowl on a 15 min timer.

in that way also a summon pet gear aa, or bettera pet that comes with full gear.
tired of asking mages the same stuff over and over.

a way to drop aggro quik on a short timer refresh

and a fix of our pet dps, the pet dps really need a good improve.
since its the cause that we dont have full double attacks etc.
so its reasonable that the dps from the pet should be higher then it is, its around 450 atm?

for some real special aa, what do you want? something like harmonic arrow, or smokescreen
or a indoor pacify aa or some kind of trap that makes us able to split mobs?

It is just as easy to say that it is *bunnies* like you or whoever else who asks for a 2 sec CH, Fade, FD, DA, Insta nukes for 20k base have been the cause of the stagnation in our class, because SoE will just rule out all our suggestions as pie in the sky. Do not start trying to belittle those players that want to see reasonable increases and increases that are in line with the class rather than shouting that x gets this so we want it to. I like the reasonable suggestions many have made such as Grbage above:

Realign our pets to be a solid second place well in front of necro's and shadowknights but behind mages. Increase their tanking ability through defensive skills and equipped gear already on the pet when summoned.

Give us a new focus overstat buff along the lines of the first shaman version. Give SV a small DA chance so that its not awful but still behind rangers. Also give us a new debuff that may even stack with other buffs to give us a raid utility for some of the future events.

Why not give us a chance to have critical ticks on FPoS and PoS through AA's so that it heals double the amount for mana and hp's. It exists for hot's on most healing classes could be useful to have it and give it an easier bang for the buck increase along with the expected increase in ranks we'll get.

Fero aura with special attack increases on it but also something for us to gain from it such as feral swipe etc.

wildwaters

I have to agree with alot of what Maylian says.

Thing is I do not agree with all of the 'whiners', as gutterr calls them, that we are so horribly broken.

We are an EXCELLENT, and in some cases HIGH DEMAND class. Hell we could use another good beast or two in Conviction. There are almost zero good beasts on Quellious from what I've seen. Giny is pretty cool but I've met some real losers too.

We need to put fero into an aura and get our pet up defensively. Other than that I am very happy with our class.

In theory I like the rune proc idea mazame, it would be a good boost to the group geared solo beasts who want to pet tank.

If you think paragon is useless you are mistaken >.< You can always cast it and SE on me after I get raped by adds. I usually am to busy to send a tell for it and I know any sk/pally has to have mana to aggro.

Basically if people are dieing your paragon should be down.

Now I would love to see endurance regen on it mainly to get warriors up faster on raids. I would also love to see critical paragon ticks like sited above.

Just my two cents.

-tony

(wildwaters/poisonwaters of quellious)

Dilgartownguard

Beastlord has never been and probably never will be a high demand class.