Main Menu

Role of a beastlord.

Started by Mazame, August 01, 2009, 06:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildwaters

A) I said in SOME CASES
B) I probably should have said 'in some cases GOOD beasts are in high demand' because if you are good at your class and people know it you are gonna be in demand.
D) Some servers, Quellious among them have few beasts and few good ones.

My guild is fortunate to have good beasts but all but one are having alot of RL issues and they aren't available to us. Allthough another one is showing up more.

So in our case one good, high RA beast would be a high demand toon beacause we need them to be on and raiding.

Also I prefer to always have a beast in my groups to paragon/buff/dps and sometimes even slow. >.<

To me a well played beast is essential.

kharthai

I think Brael had a good idea on the sk site with the voting on aa's and crap, at least to weed out a few of the less popular or unrealistic suggestions.  Probably a little late in the game for us to get on that, though I guess that old post has loose rankings.  But if they ask for ideas, they're gonna get em.  We're a pretty versatile class and people are going to have very different perspectives in a lot of cases.  Not that some ideas don't make me go "Oh bother." (or my ideas do the same for others, I guess).  And certainly some people do a rather poor job of presenting their ideas, however out in left field they might be to begin with.

I am fairly happy with the class (less so with eq in general, but I digress).  Part of that I'm sure is being a high aa beastlord in a mid tier guild, though from the sounds of it some of you high end beasts still make out alright.  A zerker friend of mine said to me awhile ago after some parse, "Jeez, if it weren't for all the whining on soe boards, I wouldn't even know beasts were broken".  And there does seem to be a lot of negative perception, people (not necessarily just beasts) lumping us in with paladin/druid as the classes in need of some serious help, etc.  

Anyway, there are some good ideas out there and hopefully they'll get hammered out during beta into something most of us will appreciate and enjoy.  Some people will never be happy, of course.. until they get laser beam eyes and some sort of megaman arm cannon.  Mmm, megaman arm cannon /drool

And *chuckle* at the high demand bit, though I get what you're saying, Wild.

rhaug

this is what i like to see in the next expansion

fix of our warder dps/tankability/aa line  why are we called a beastlord, this means a lord of beasts!
some new summoned pet aa

a good aa ability to drop aggro quik, it seems its too easy to grab aggro, especially when you work your ass off to burn dps. maybe a weapon proc that decreases hate?

continual growth of the way of personal dps

better heal, for todays hitpoints pools.

a new debuff aa that is usefull on raidmobs and unique compared to other classes.

fero aura with mod on special attacks or bonusdamage for group.

i like the crit thing on fos pos.

anyway i feel we deserve some raidutility
that makes us popular for that.

i dont see that i ask too much.
a small step forward can help us a lot.

if you compare with some classes they really get a lot of new stuff over the last expansions.
then i feel a bit oldfashioned as a beastlord.

lets hope the next expansion does something refreshing for us, rather then the standard upgrades we always got over the years.

Denti

Wildwaters, from my experience of high end raiding since Luclin i would say our demand is not really high. Yes, two beastlords in a 54 man raids do make sense if they know how to play, you could probably fit one in a 36 man raid and two if you lack dps classes. That is of course for the usual raiding guild that can field a full 54 man raid every day they do raid (which isnt much anymore, 2 days to clear SoD, 3 to 4 days if you're slow to clear hard mode too).

That said, we are not bad dps, however if your guild setup is dps centered you will probably have all dps group spots taken by primary dps classes and we begin to lag seriously behind, SE is not really all that high in demand, paragon even less and fero is completely useless. So what can we do in those cases? If we are lucky and get a dps group spot we can indeed shine, however any primary dps class is still superior (as they should be) including mages and rangers on multi-mob events (on single mob events we are about even or have a slight advantage).

Catnip_Inny

Id never say no to more DPS but i do make out ok on raids.  Ive had to work pretty hrad to do that (ton of AA, and gear) but it can be done.  Id love to see us gain back some of our Utility,  FPoS rocks when people go down on raids im the first one hitting them with a mana feed and if i have time some buffs, other than FPoS i believe weve lost a lot of our utility.  What id like to see changed is:

Fero becomes an Aura with a dmg mod increaes and overcap added for resists...  This alone would bring back a large part of our Utility on raids... we would be a staple in the dps groups and the resists would not likely make a huge difference as everyone now adays has 700 resists or so but it all helps right?

Second id love to see Devs add overcap stats to our focus line,  The raw hp buff is nice but in today's content hardly anyone wants it unless thye have absolutely no choice and who could blame them really..  I dont wanna see anything on par with Shammy focus but even give us half of their stat overcap buffs and it would make a big difference.

Pet dps SUCKS everyone knows this, but whats the harm in at least making our pets surviablity on par with mages?  Its not like im ever going to tank stuff with my pet unless i want to take a nap and come back to find mob dead... Not having to worry so much about pets health or if hes taking hits would be great and cant really hurt game balance that bad really...

Leave our dps alone if u will, but bring back some more Utility!

wildwaters

Quote from: Catnip_Inny on August 04, 2009, 07:29:45 PM
Pet dps SUCKS everyone knows this, but whats the harm in at least making our pets surviablity on par with mages?  Its not like im ever going to tank stuff with my pet unless i want to take a nap and come back to find mob dead... Not having to worry so much about pets health or if hes taking hits would be great and cant really hurt game balance that bad really...

Leave our dps alone if u will

ding ding ding >.<

Mazame

one of the great things about beastlords is we can play them how we like.

Some Focus on DPS
other Love their pets.
Some like to Nuke/Dot
other like to Live
Some like Heal

So many roles of a bst that from day to day you can mix it up and not feel like your doing the same old thing every day. I love my bst I love my pets and I love to be able to fill in where needed. some times I pull out my heal and spot heal is it the best no but a few times when the group healer gone down I been able to keep ppl up until the healers been called. So ya bst are great but yes at the same time I want to see us move forward not saying what we have is bad but I like every kid at christmas likes new toys. I like to know that what I do makes a difference and so ya I want things that can help those I group and raid with.

I think the Crits on paragon would be great and I don't think there anything wrong with a wish list. it dosn't mean we hate the class only that we have dreams.

after all anyone else find that as the lord of bst we can't even charm animals I always found that odd. not that I could ever see passing up my warder for a charmed pet but still it be fun for when were messing around.

and as we all play bst differently our Ideas for the class are going to vary but I the fact we are willing to come here and fight over  idea back and forth I think show we all love our toons and want the most out of them we can get   

kindarring2

I was just thinking. Didn't we get sense animals like back at level 10. Which sucked but as being a beast lord it would be cool to be able to track but only be able to track animals.
Gimpbstlord  dam i need to update

Kindo dam i need to update

Mazame

I agree Track would be some thing that would fit in with the class

Sharrien

Quote from: Dilgartownguard on August 04, 2009, 05:56:39 PM
Beastlord has never been and probably never will be a high demand class.

Completely false in any context of raid or group content, past or present.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Grbage

Quote from: Sharrien on August 06, 2009, 01:55:04 PM

Your mileage may vary. When I log on my bst I don't get group invites from stragners anymore, way back when within a few minutes of logging on I would get several without putting up LFG. Matter of fact LFG has gone the way of the Dodo on my server, I'm sure on others it is still quite lively.

On raids, we don't skip a beat if none of our bst show up (non-mandatory raiding alliance). No one screams they need SE and there are no raid mechanisms where having a bst would make things go smoother.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Sharrien

I admit my reply probably went a little too far, but comments like that tick me off.  Sure, it takes a very high number of AA and decent gear, but given those, a beastlord is a force to be reconned with and makes those mages and rogues out there to work hard to stay on top of parses.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Khauruk

Sadly, you're wrong.  My guild likes BST, but we're a fairly low dps guild, so the fights are longer and a well played BST shines.  FPoS gets well used too.  But, BST don't offer the same level of utility or dps to a high dps guild like CT or Triality.  That's not to say they don't have BSTs (Inph is in CT), but it's much harder to be desired.

When the announcement came that raid numbers would be decreased again to 42 before this expansion, Beastlords were the first class that people expected to be dropped from a raid.  Well played, we're good still, but just don't shine as much as we once did.  We simply lack a niche right now, and aren't quite well rounded enough.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

wildwaters

Our guild never seems to stick beasts in wait when we do hard mode >.<

Maylian

Dilgart hit the nail on the head....everything we do someone can do better, no niche skills which demand a place. Even more a retarded statement when you're commenting on the entire history of the class.