Main Menu

Heal Revamp

Started by Hzath, August 03, 2009, 10:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hzath

There was a post about this on eqlive a while back about revamping ranger and bst heals.  Basically shorten the cast time and lengthen the recast time, we wouldn't heal any better over a long interval but we wouldn't be essentially frozen in place spaming the heal key if things go bad.

What ever happened to that thread?  I can only keep track of vet forum threads for so long before the derails drive me insane.

Current Rk2 heal

Heal: 1866
Mana: 482
Cast time: 3.0
Recast time: 1.5

Proposed changes (something along these lines, I just used an easy 2.0 multiplier for the heal amount and cast+recast time)

Heal: 3732
Mana: 1085  Gave this a 2.25 modifier as compensation for the .5 cast time
Cast time: .5
Recast time: 8.5

Personally I think it's a good idea and a needed change, although it would actually decrease our healing ability somewhat due to the heal not being focused by items or that annoying cleric buff.  Not being locked down spam healing would more than make up for the decreased efficiency and overall healing potential (we aren't main healers anyway).  Thoughts?
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Karve

the possibility of critting a heal for 12k makes it worthy. Anything that improves our heal is worthwhile.. when we cant heal as much as 1 round of damage from a sod mob (without any crit) it seems heals are "lost".

Professional Mad Bastard.

kindarring2

That recast would suck but like the .5 sec cast.
Gimpbstlord  dam i need to update

Kindo dam i need to update

wildwaters

This is a long time in coming Yay! Now about that recast...

Catnip_Inny

this is a GREAT idea! Its not too often we chainheal but often a quick patch is what i use my heals for when i se a mob get a round of spike dps or cleric slacks a tad.  Id really love to see this go live though the longer recast would be a pain haha :)

Hzath

I did some rough calculations and losing spell haste focus would hurt our average healing potential (we aren't healers, so not that people care about this much) more than I thought.  The recast would need to be more like 6.5 to keep this about where it is.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Panthur

Often i chain cast heals to help with raid healing, especialy when learning new events or when a situation goes bad and the group healer goes splat.

Having a fast heal with an inefiencient heal amount unless u manage a crit with a retarded recast would suck. Would rock if we could buff our warder or ourselves with a heal proc like perhapse an Sk has. With our aas, we could crit heal that quite nicely.

just a thought tho, don't expect to actualy see us get something like that hehe.