Main Menu

Looking for a rez!

Started by Whiptail_Warclaw, January 25, 2004, 11:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whiptail_Warclaw

Camped on Lady D in Dulak. Single pulling and doing fine. Clear all the main deck mobs, medd to full in time for the repops. Exp is flowing along, Dulak has 2 ppl in it and all is right in my little EQ world. I pull the next Pirate and have him down to about 60% health, when...

<ZIFFPP> Screen goes black, lights and tv go out.

<a few seconds later> Everything comes back on... computer boots up to desktop.

I'm dreading logging back in... did I die and if not, I'm going to hit the ground running. "/shout Train to zone!"
Baron Whiptail "Mr Whippy" Warclaw
Iksar Savage Lord of 62 seasons.
Drinal server.
- Created: October 09, 2003.
Bringing ice-cream to the people of Norrath for the last 62 seasons...

"The only thing worse than one Beastlord, is six Beastlords, in a group, in the same zone as you... We'll try and leave you a few mobs."

Jaeren

Well if you can normally kill them, you shoudl be ok. Characters seem to fight very well when they are ld ;)

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Whiptail_Warclaw

I was more worried about popping back into the game surrounded by KoS mobs and me not being Invis or having a Warder up. Then there's the run for the zone and do i even do that, cause it'll course one hell of a train and piss people off.

Hehe... so I logged in, ready to run and didn't need too! Whip was standing right in one of the safe spots on the Lady'D deck. Safe as can be =)
... and Lady'D wasn't camped and had full spawns, so I made my Warder, buffed, medded and started pulling again. Grinding away and it's getting close to "KEI fading time" and I'm starting to think about leaving to sell and get my buffs refreshed, when i notice an familiar name on the zone /who list.

/tell Enchanter: "Hi mate. If you have time, can you me on Lady'D for 100pp please?"

Enchanter: "Sure no problem, give me a sec."

So to sum up: Instead of being a disaster, it ended up being a great few hours. Got to 87% into lvl 54, got a fresh KEI without having to leave my camp and all though it cost me 100pp, I later had 1 Blue Diamond and 2 Diamonds drop, so that more than covered for the KEI.

Twas a good day.  :D
Baron Whiptail "Mr Whippy" Warclaw
Iksar Savage Lord of 62 seasons.
Drinal server.
- Created: October 09, 2003.
Bringing ice-cream to the people of Norrath for the last 62 seasons...

"The only thing worse than one Beastlord, is six Beastlords, in a group, in the same zone as you... We'll try and leave you a few mobs."

Dakat

If you went LD or crashed.  Try to get back on as quickly as possible.  If it was only seconds between you should be able to get on and get set up (with pet) before respawns start.  That's if you survived the actual LD.  It's not called Link Death for nothing  :D