Main Menu

Raiding the spammers...

Started by AbyssalMage, April 19, 2009, 08:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbyssalMage

Was in general on Prexus and for fun I mentioned raiding the spammers....(well there's more dialogue but its sufficient to say /general was discussing it) so, I'm figuring its on the shadier part of the law but I'm sure people here "know people" who may be willing to raid those people who spam us in game in /general

So, send out the call....

Raid (i.e. hack) the crap out of the spammers in /general!  Just let the "freind of a friend" do it  :-D
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Inphared

Firstly, I readily admit to knowing little about networking or DOS attacks or any sort of "hack" pertaining to stopping somebody from doing something.

Secondly, this is the most futile and hilarious attempt at anything I think I've ever seen.

Khauruk

I think it would be impossible to try and trace that back to the source, but I might be wrong.

Either way, SoE is not too far off from implementing text/spam filters of some sort in-game.  No ETA, but one of hte devs mentioned it a few weeks back on the EQLive forums.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Saniiro

I just want the ability to ignore the entire zek server. That would fix the spam for me, atleast for a lil while!
Saniiro -- 75 Beastlord of Stromm <Final Door>

Saniiro's magelo

Khauruk

If anybody is still interested, look up Okami's posts on Evil Gamer for more information.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

wildwaters