Main Menu

Running Parses / Logs

Started by Maylian, August 13, 2009, 08:30:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maylian

Just wondering if anyone has some advice. I had to replace my old laptop a while ago as it died a nasty death, replaced it with a dual-core much higher spec laptop. When I turn logs on for parsing purposes the laptop slows down to a rediculous speed until I turn logs off. I don't run gamparse until after the fight so the laptop is only taking the logs not working on running the parse at the same time. I have turned journal off so I know this isn't the issue but still finding it difficult to understand how this is happening.

I've discussed with some friends who did mention that core affinity is automatic so I don't need to manually set this but has anyone got any other suggestions?

Inphared

I would assume you have a spam window for your parse nonsense.

If you don't, I recommend you get one.

Once you have one (or if you already do), don't minimize it - drag one corner to the opposite corner, such that it looks minimized, but actually isn't.

That's the trick that worked for me. I would assume minimizing it does the same thing, but that can cause a real problem if you happen to accidentally open it.

Maylian

Yeah I have a spam window although it is minimized, did the same on the old laptop and didn't get any issues. I'll try and have it moved to the corner to see if this works. One other thing is that I can only play it in windowed mode as it crashes when I try to full screen it, not sure if its related.

Razimir

Quote from: Maylian on August 13, 2009, 08:30:44 AM
Just wondering if anyone has some advice. I had to replace my old laptop a while ago as it died a nasty death, replaced it with a dual-core much higher spec laptop. When I turn logs on for parsing purposes the laptop slows down to a rediculous speed until I turn logs off. I don't run gamparse until after the fight so the laptop is only taking the logs not working on running the parse at the same time. I have turned journal off so I know this isn't the issue but still finding it difficult to understand how this is happening.

I have the same problem, /log will lag shit out of my EQ. Running on windowed or full screen mode didn't do anything /log lag wise, nor did spam window. If you find a solution post it please.

Here is my system:

OS Name   Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Version   6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002
System Model   MS-7350
System Type   X86-based PC
Processor   Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6600  @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date   American Megatrends Inc. V2.0, 31.1.2007
SMBIOS Version   2.5
Hardware Abstraction Layer   Version = "6.0.6002.18005"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)   4,00 GB
Total Physical Memory   3,00 GB

-Raz

Camikazi

Quote from: Razimir on August 13, 2009, 03:52:36 PM
Quote from: Maylian on August 13, 2009, 08:30:44 AM

I have the same problem, /log will lag shit out of my EQ. Running on windowed or full screen mode didn't do anything /log lag wise, nor did spam window. If you find a solution post it please.

Here is my system:

OS Name   Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium
Version   6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002
System Model   MS-7350
System Type   X86-based PC
Processor   Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6600  @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date   American Megatrends Inc. V2.0, 31.1.2007
SMBIOS Version   2.5
Hardware Abstraction Layer   Version = "6.0.6002.18005"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)   4,00 GB
Total Physical Memory   3,00 GB

-Raz

That comp should have no problems with the log, do you have an antivirus or something that could be scanning the log files? Have heard some like to scan text files each time they are modified, which could cause a slowdown.

Kanan

kk.. make sure you have the journal turned off as well.  This primarily effects lag during mob commentary (agro messages and such)

I wonder if the annoying indexing function affects it as well.  Dunno.

I've never experienced much lag from parsing, except when I accidently open the window, or worse yet, accidently get rid of it ><
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Camikazi

I accidentally opened my spam windows once :/ it was horrible game froze till everything scrolled, very next thing I did was hide the damn thing where I could never do that again.

Maylian

From a small amount of testing today in groups it seems to work after I removed the crappy Mcafee that came with the laptop.

Razimir

Yeah already removed journal, made spam window and all the regular stuff. It was F-Sucure realtime scanner, which lagged me out. Blocked scanning from EQ directory and it seems to be ok now, haven't tried it on raid yet though.

-Raz

Razimir

Now that I got parsing working, there is another problem. Other ppl DoTs aren't showing on my parses, even though I have "Damage Over Time show" selected from filter page. Any ideas?

-Raz

Inphared

Quote from: Razimir on August 15, 2009, 10:39:50 AM
Now that I got parsing working, there is another problem. Other ppl DoTs aren't showing on my parses, even though I have "Damage Over Time show" selected from filter page. Any ideas?

-Raz

DoT messages are reported from the player, not the NPC that's taking the damage. If you want to see DoT damage, you will have to be in the remote vicinity of the person doing the DoT damage.

Razimir

Quote from: Inphared on August 15, 2009, 02:10:37 PM
DoT messages are reported from the player, not the NPC that's taking the damage. If you want to see DoT damage, you will have to be in the remote vicinity of the person doing the DoT damage.

Ah, that clears things up. Thanks! Seems that DoT reporting range is very short as we were grouping at tower entrance in Korafax. Necro stood near the door and we meleed on the ramp.

-Raz

Maylian

Its not always 100% accurate either still a bit of a bug with dots but can get the majority of it right.