Main Menu

Warder vs warder swarm survivability on enrage

Started by Panthur, August 14, 2009, 03:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panthur

Was doing event 6 in tower when i noticed something odd. We were killing the 2 headed ugly thing, overlord mata something, when he enraged. My warder instantly went POOF! before i could do anything but the 3 warder swarm were all merrily beating on him till they died about 30 seconds later (their timer was up, enrage didnt kill them).

I have no idea how they survived. They have crap for hp, and even if they missed the boss mob would have been reposting on them and smeared them nto the ground.

No monk aura and they were all infront of the mob. Well they were behind it when we started the fight, but he got turned around and all the pets ended up in front of him.

Mage pets all lived as well. They had no issues. Just our main warders.

Just something that makes you go HMMMMMMmmm...... lol

Kanan

I've lost countless swarm pets to enrage near the end of a boss.  Not tested it recently to see if things are working differently than before.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Nimbin

The swarm pet (Yowl at least) most likely dropped to low enough health and went into enrage state as well.  This can happen with the warder as well.  As mentioned above both pets can get "1 rounded" to death so it just varies. 

Panthur

wasn't yowl, it was WARDER swarm pets and they weren't enranged, the mob was. Like  I said, the 3some lived for 30 seconds more, till the end of their duration timers.

Vidyne

Those pets shouldn't have the ability to live through an enrage unless something has changed.

They don't regen to full every tick like Host of the elements do, and when I first tested them they only had about 3000-4000hp at most.
That is very unusual.

Panthur

Why I said "it makes you go Hmmmmmmmm..."  :-D

Brane

Does nobody use relocate companion before enrage?  :roll:

Panthur

Denti

Doesnt matter where you are, does matter only where you look at :)

Inphared

Quote from: Denti on August 15, 2009, 11:44:54 AM
Doesnt matter where you are, does matter only where you look at :)

Do not bring logic into this thread. When talking about Beastlord pets, you must be as irrational and over exaggerated as possible.

Panthur

My point being that i didnt have time to turn backwards and use relocate, he was gone. Poof! Disappeared faster then an eye blink. I would have tried to move my pet sooner but i was busy paragoning one of the clerics at the time and when paragon casting finished, allowing me to use my keys again, enrage had started.

Just one of those oh crap moments when u lose track of watching the warder for a split second to do something "more important".

Nusa

TYPED pet commands work even when spells are being cast. Of course, you do have to be a pretty fast typist (or have macro keys set up on your input device).

Panthur

Not only does one have to type fast, but type correctly too  :-D

Biostar

I've set up an audio trigger for enrage which kinda came from exp'ing in ashengate all the time. Also keep pet rune up at all times with finger on hold at the last 15%.
[

Karve

Brings me back to an old aa idea I posted somewhere back in the depths of time for "Relocate companion : behind." - as in behind the Bst to save having to turn around and then Relocate .. a kind of "heel!"

Professional Mad Bastard.