Main Menu

How to lvl up hybrid research pls?

Started by Catnip_Inny, September 20, 2009, 06:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catnip_Inny

My uncle has recently started playing his Beast again and doesnt have EF.  What I want to know is how does a bst go about building up hybrid research so that I can make this disc for him and any guildy who might not have?

Nusa

Put one point in research from a guildmaster....that'll get you to 85 instantly. Then the work begins. Refer to eqtraders for recipes.

From http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/forumdisplay.php?f=76:

Alternative Routes:
(Mostly for the Non-Pure Casters)
0 - 20 Guild Trainer
..35 Quill of the Prophet
..54 Vial of Pure Water- Save all.
..62 Training rune
..95 Journeyman Rune
102 Oil of Vitrol - Save all.
144 Parchment Solution
174 Fine Parchment solution
203 Vellum Parchment solution
216 Fine Vellum Parchment solution
243 Runic Parchment Solution
262 Any spell thats 262 trivial
292 Any spell thats 292 trivial
300 Any spell thats 292+ trivial

Alternative Route (Tomes):
0 - Level Guildmaster training
..54 Crescent Reach Newbie Research
102 Oil of Vitrol
120 Fine Runic Papyrus Solution
144 Parchment Solution
172 Level 55 Tomes
174 Fine Parchment Solution
203 Vellum Parchment Solution
216 Fine Vellum Parchment Solution
243 Runic Parchment Solution
258 Level 56 Tomes
298 Level 61 Tomes
331 Level 65 Tomes

Brane

The best way to lvl up normal research is to go with the different Binding Powders and their relevant scrolls. They drop reliably off caster mob of their relevant lvls.

Look up Allakhazam or EqTraders under binding powders.

I say normal research because I do not know if hybrid research can use this combine.
Intricate Binding Powder will get you to 300.

Phurrie

Sadly hybrid research can't use binding powders. So it's solutions then making tomes I'm afraid.

Catnip_Inny

thanks for the info guys, guess i better get started :P

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Catnip_Inny on September 20, 2009, 06:54:40 PM
My uncle has recently started playing his Beast again and doesnt have EF.  What I want to know is how does a bst go about building up hybrid research so that I can make this disc for him and any guildy who might not have?

Well, if its you and your father Uncle, just grab some merc's and do the missions.  You'll feel alot better in the end unless you plan on making other Disc's at higher ends that require faction to unlock.
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Tiroon

Do the quest arc. Research on a hybrid isn't a short or medium term goal. Tiroon has max skill in all regular tradeskills and I have a GM INT researcher, a GM alchemist, and a journeyman tinker. Yet when it came to get into tome research I didn't go with Tiroon but with my lowly warrior alt who's an expert researcher now.

Hybrids are not just disadvantaged by having to use AA's to raise research to meaningful levels, they have a thouroghly nasty penalty to skill-ups too. The formula for raising a skill in EQ uses a modifier. Normally a tradeskill has a set type i.e. modifier, but research has different ones depending on the class that is doing the research with a pure melee getting the same skill-up rate of rate as tailoring has and a hybrid the skill-up rate like brewing.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Catnip_Inny

well the other reason i was asking is ive maxed all AA that are even remotely useful... except innates stat and tradeskill, and packrat/taste of blood lol...

So was kinda looking at hybrid research... maybe ill just do the damn quests for the slacker hehe

Kanan

lol.. it's likely the fastest way.  They're pretty easy, especially now.

We're like adults stepping into a kindergarten playground on those missions.. even tho I still want to flay that idiot gnmer on the last mission alive ><
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar