Main Menu

So, these new McKenzie missions

Started by Volo, September 22, 2009, 12:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Volo

Since Classic MMs both (a) have amazing rewards and (b) are rife with people being greedy pricks, what do you suppose the minimum number of people would be to complete one of these tasks, and what classes do you think make the best comp?

My gut feeling is that you could 3man all of them with like SK Enc Clr (bonus if the SK is a real SK), but was just looking for input from other people who may have found a better comp or even managed it with 2 people or something.

Khauruk

I've heard that necros and mages are also pretty boss in them.

The SK bug will be going away soon, also.

I can't say more, as I haven't logged in since they went in.  My guild isn't raiding for two weeks, and these are making me have my first serious thoughts at giving the game up.  It feels like they are removing most of the point for me.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Inphared

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=155683

"Unfortunately it will be a big change.  All of the "raid" gear will be getting nerfed.  I'll let one of the items guys explain in more detail.  All I can tell you is that the gear will be very good group gear.  It will not be raid-equivalent gear.  This will be a change to the existing gear, so the items you already have will change.

Also, we'll be tweaking (lowering) the by-back prices on the items, and we'll be changing the raids to require at least 12 characters in the zone.  The chests in the raids will not open unless you have 12 people in the zone.  That means that 12 people will be getting the lockouts when they get their loot."

Volo

Quote from: Inphared on September 22, 2009, 01:06:41 AM

"Unfortunately it will be a big change.  All of the "raid" gear will be getting nerfed.  I'll let one of the items guys explain in more detail.  All I can tell you is that the gear will be very good group gear.  It will not be raid-equivalent gear.  This will be a change to the existing gear, so the items you already have will change.
I assume this also includes the actual Vox/Nag drops in addition to the big-ticket Brew-bought items?

Inphared

In terms of doing the missions, I did all three last night by myself.

I did Nagafen's Lair with a Necro, Enchanter, Cleric. I do not recommend this combo, I would have traded the Necro for a tank-type.

I did Lower Guk with a Necro, Enchanter, Monk. If you have good live-side frog faction, this makes this mission VERY easy.

I did Cursed Guk with a Necro, Shadowknight (note: not a real SK with OP Lifetap), and Cleric. Anything that can ITU also makes this mission very easy.

I also vehemently disapproved of how these items were implemented and the power of them, and fully support the nerfbat coming to them.

Inphared

Quote from: Volo on September 22, 2009, 01:09:03 AM
Quote from: Inphared on September 22, 2009, 01:06:41 AM

I assume this also includes the actual Vox/Nag drops in addition to the big-ticket Brew-bought items?

I would think so. As I understand it, every "raid" item (ie, everything above 700hp) is getting beat down to "very good group gear."

Volo

Quote from: Inphared on September 22, 2009, 01:12:00 AMI would think so. As I understand it, every "raid" item (ie, everything above 700hp) is getting beat down to "very good group gear."
...Meh. I read that link, but saw no mention of whether or not item costs will be lowered to make the costs more in line with the changed stats. As is, assuming you don't get any drops to sell back, you're looking at a bare minimum of turning every single task for over two weeks to get *one* of the 63-Brew items. That's an awful lot of time invested for stuff that's going to be roughly equivalent to, what, Tosk drops?

Khauruk

It needed to happen, for two reasons.  The largest one is that the raid currency and the group currency are identical.  If you can just get flagged, and then farm the group instances for Korafax+ raid gear, something's seriously f'ed.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Nusa

I did cursed guk with just a necro (the 2nd toon was afk at zonein). Was a cakewalk except for a few deaths on the ghoul lord. Someone more familiar with necros wouldn't have died at all.

I did lower guk with cleric and mage. Cleric has pacify for pulling. Had to switch to the earth pet in the king area to deal with runners....used the air pet everywhere else.

I think cleric and mage could handle solb as well....might try it later.

Fuzzbuster

i know someone whos does necro/cleric boxing on these missions
[85 Beastlord Fuzzbuster <Silent Redemption>]
Cazic-Thule Server
[Tue May 26 20:20:53 2009] Fuzzbuster scores a critical hit! (20371)
[Tue May 26 20:20:53 2009] Electrified Trophy was hit by non-melee for 20380 points of damage.
[Tue May 26 20:20:53 2009] You punch Electrified Trophy for 20380 points of damage.

Brane

Nusa

Quote from: Brane on September 23, 2009, 05:12:16 AM
Since when is Absor back?

He used to be Community Relations Manager and very much in the public eye -- that was his job. Years back he switched jobs to designer and only comes out now and then. His current title is Assistant Lead Designer. He did say very clearly that the MM loot situation is a design failure, not a QA failure.

Khauruk

Aye - he's very streaky on appearances.  It'd been long enough that I thought he'd abandoned ship too, but apparently not!
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Mazame

For them MM I box them or run with a friend
Solb(naggy) = Nerco / Chanter / mage  = 30 min
Lower Guk (live) = Nerco / Chanter / Mage = 10-15 min
Cursed Guk ( Undead) = Nerco / cleric / Mage = 15-20 min
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj292/Mazame/EQMMcursed.jpg
Total about 1 hour 5 min with zoning  getting new task and breaks and taskadding ppl in for free xp we take about 1h 30m total for a set.

vypex

i 3 box all if them easily, usually only die when invis breaks in a bad area, but my line ups are as so.

Solb necro, chanter and wizard.

live guk same team

cursed necro, chanter, cleric.

all are done rather quickly, naggy is the longest, being in decent standing with frogloks helps alot, not having to invis till, the huge elemental
Vypex - 70 Male Beastlord
Maelin Starpyre
Troubled Fellowship http://www.troubledfellowship.com
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1034184 My stuff