Main Menu

Vkysudra Crystallos air dragon

Started by jitathab, September 28, 2009, 04:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jitathab

I have seen a lot of posts on the EQ boards about guilds getting stuck on Vyksudra, here is the strat we used, and it works for us. We are not a dps built guild, but imo it all comes down to drakes. Other guilds will have other strats im sure.

Vyksudra is a simple event if handled in a certain way.

first off get a group of pally x 4 and cleric x 2, if you cant field 4 pally use a couple SK. This group pulls and tanks the drakes that land, just off Vyk platofrm where the whirlwind spawns. We were doing Vyk before any raid loot from SoD tier 1

DPS hard and kill all drakes, do not let them build up! If you get them building up, you are not working hard enough. This is a DPS event, where DPS needed at start, once Vyk pops its easy.

The whirlwind pops, mark it and tell people to bunch up at it, have a caller tell people to move when it moves, and move. Kill the last few drakes. Keep killing adds until all dead then get on Vyk. Tanks keep Vyk facing near whirlwind and TURN it on frontal cone away from raid. Mez the adds and kill them when spawn. Repeat x 10-12 moves, normally two full whirlwind rotations should do it.

Apart from the MT, no one else should really be taking enough damage to die from, heck BSTS can heal a group enough on this event. If people are dieing from rampage, you are too close! no one apart from MT needs to stand on the platform.

Karve

Thanks for the info hopefully I'll get to use it soon ;)

Professional Mad Bastard.

jitathab

Shoot me a tell, on same server anyway when or if you do it.

Lower cryst is an awesome farm zone for gear, I wish they would negate the need to do MMM to get there.

Kanan

Quote from: jitathab on September 29, 2009, 12:09:50 PM
Lower cryst is an awesome farm zone for gear, I wish they would negate the need to do MMM to get there.

AMEN!  MMM is one of most annoying raid zones I've had to deal with.  I almost feel about it like I feel about uqua.  Only almost there... I would deguild before going on a required raid into uqua again ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Latang

Ha =P The only bad bit about uqua was those stupid fire rooms, when ppl would ninja afk, and we'd be stuck in there for ages until someone got the emote. Other than that, those were fun times. Once the bugs were fixed anyway...

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

wildwaters

Quote from: Kanan on September 29, 2009, 01:44:22 PM
Quote from: jitathab on September 29, 2009, 12:09:50 PM

AMEN!  MMM is one of most annoying raid zones I've had to deal with.  I almost feel about it like I feel about uqua.  Only almost there... I would deguild before going on a required raid into uqua again ;p

Maybe I'm a masochist but I loved MMM.

jitathab

Yes MMM does have a few nice events, however the keying process drags the whole process out. This is what I was meaning. i.e. can do Cryst without needing the flags from MMM to enter, which would help the mid tier guilds progress faster.

wildwaters

Quote from: jitathab on October 01, 2009, 03:14:25 PM
Yes MMM does have a few nice events, however the keying process drags the whole process out. This is what I was meaning. i.e. can do Cryst without needing the flags from MMM to enter, which would help the mid tier guilds progress faster.

Well at this point it may not be a bad idea as the content will soon be a couple expansions old. At the time having a long process to key was a good way to get people into current content with out allowing them to just rush to the end zone and be done with the expansion. It kept you busy >.<

It was the same reason there is factioing and questing to get to higher end content in SoD. It keeps you busy at the beginning. After your flagging/keying/faction is done its just farm and grind form then on.

Unfortunately it also keeps everyone who misses a couple of expansions behind unless they remove the keys. I was 3-4 expansions behind for at least a year and a half to two years after I got the game figured out and decided what class I really wanted to play.

/shrug I would be all for removing the raid portion of MMM flagging. I think flagging for crystallos should remain in both group and raid forms though imo.

Khauruk

Breakneck and Brinda are stupid.  I enjoyed the rest of the zone though.

The keying for Cryst isn't bad now that you get 12 parts per Meldrath kill.  The farming is very easy now that you can downgrade Crystallos armor pieces.  The keying for MMM isn't bad either with only one key part being nodrop.  Once the main raid gets keyed, just store a bunch of pages in people's banks.  It's amazingly forgiving actually, with some good events in Cryst (except for Air1 - I never managed to not get flung.  Ice mini is just stupid due to length, Kera was fine if I could stay in the add group.)
TURNCOAT!!!!!

jitathab

air 1 - anti fling mechanism is simple :p I have never gut flung using it. Hug the boss very very tight.
Dont use levi on that event at all either.

Khauruk

Quote from: jitathab on October 02, 2009, 12:11:53 PM
air 1 - anti fling mechanism is simple :p I have never gut flung using it. Hug the boss very very tight.
Dont use levi on that event at all either.

Lol - he was always dead so fast, that I don't think anybody ever figured this out in my guild.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

wildwaters

Quote from: Khauruk on October 01, 2009, 06:25:26 PM

Breakneck and Brinda are stupid.  I enjoyed the rest of the zone though.

The keying for Cryst isn't bad now that you get 12 parts per Meldrath kill.  The farming is very easy now that you can downgrade Crystallos armor pieces.  The keying for MMM isn't bad either with only one key part being nodrop.  Once the main raid gets keyed, just store a bunch of pages in people's banks.  It's amazingly forgiving actually, with some good events in Cryst (except for Air1 - I never managed to not get flung.  Ice mini is just stupid due to length, Kera was fine if I could stay in the add group.)

Breakneck is my favorite!!

Dont forget to duck...
soandso forgets to duck...
don't forget to duck...
soandso forgets to duck...run away from teh raid soadso...
run AWAY from the raid soandso!
SOANDSO RUN THE F*** AWAY FROM THE RAID!!!
half the raid drops...

LOL

Khauruk

Yes, that was funny but irritating.  We always left them dead, since we could do the event probably with 2 groups by the time we were done farming it.

I hate it for the sheer amount of time it takes though.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Kanan

yeah.. hr or two clearing the frickin trash.

DON'T TOUCH THE DOORS! ....

WHO THE F*** TOUCHED THE DOORS?! /crickets

"kk.. which wave are we on? 3, 4?"
"umm.. first wave"
"dawt dawt dawt"
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Khauruk

Quote from: Kanan on October 02, 2009, 05:48:47 PM
yeah.. hr or two clearing the frickin trash.

DON'T TOUCH THE DOORS! ....

WHO THE F*** TOUCHED THE DOORS?! /crickets

"kk.. which wave are we on? 3, 4?"
"umm.. first wave"
"dawt dawt dawt"

We had it down so this never happened, until it was a once a month or so target.  Then this shit took like 2 hours alone, when the event *should* have been designed to be doable in 15 minutes.
TURNCOAT!!!!!