Main Menu

Helpful tips for 80-85

Started by Volo, September 30, 2009, 01:11:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Volo

I know, I know, this isn't "76-80," but considering I still don't see an 80-85 board, I figured I may as well throw it up here.

(1) If you can't do it yourself, either make friends with or bankroll someone who can help you do SoD progression. Getting up in voids not only opens up new spells, but is also required for making the group gear that you'll start seeing in Field of Scale, and lets you hire stronger mercs.

(2) Don't feel constrained to hotzones or SoD zones. From what I've seen so far (about halfway through 84), Beza XP is about even with everything equal to or lower than chain pulling mobs in Field of Scale, and -- most importantly -- absolutely destroys Vald's XP rate for minimal extra effort (mobs have approx 10k more HP).

(3) If you two-box, duo the new Ancient Heroes missions. Not only do you get significantly more Brews since you aren't rolling other people for them, it's also absurdly easy XP -- once you get efficient at it, you're looking at roughly an hour's worth of work per task, each of which gives you about 4.5% regular XP at 84 -- and it's affected by Lesson. N.B.: If you're starting to do this early in the levelling process, it's strongly in your best interest to sell chest drops immediately instead of holding onto them for when you hit 85. Since they're lore, if you end up with both of your toons with the items, you're basically wasting Brews if it drops again.

All I could think of at the moment, but then, I'm at work. I'll throw up some "you can comfortably do X at Y gear level" stuff when I get home tonight. Others feel free to contribute.

Blarp

id would say stay away form SoD zones to EXP in beza would most likey be best for you or MMM to get to 85 even MG

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Blarp on September 30, 2009, 07:37:08 PM
id would say stay away form SoD zones to EXP in beza would most likey be best for you or MMM to get to 85 even MG

Looking to do the run to 85, where would you say to go in MMM or MG (Whats MG?).  Explain it in the prospective that I didn't do any SoF cause I was AA'ing 10+ toons and screwing around having fun.  Camp at ZL or should I be getting quests to boost my xp gain, ect...
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

wildwaters

MG is Mech Guardian.

It should be easier than MMM and net better exp.

The drops aren't too bad and it is an instance so there is no competition.

MG>MMM imo unless you need something from MMM.

You work your way forward through the zone and up levels via teleporters to reach the top floor which is the best exp (DB at 85). You can collect little TL boxes at the beginning of each new floor so you don't have to reclear multiple floors to get back to where oyu were if you die. CC may be a good idea unless oyu have a real tank and even then as there are lots and lots of places where you can pull a bunch of adds.

Personally on double exp weekends I go there on beast and sk with a healer and a bunch of ae Dps and clear the top two floors for massive aa exp. But even on normal exp its not a bad place to go at 85.

The mobs repop and you can get named mobs from PH's over and over.

droomagon

I tried Ashengate last night, although the exp wasn't bad to start with, but the respawn rate within the zone is too slow, making the zone isn't all that good for exping.