Main Menu

Question about con in RSS

Started by Mardag, September 30, 2009, 06:49:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardag

I leveled to 78 today on my Beastlord and went to RSS and the mobs at statue camp were all light blue.  The mobs there are all level 73 so since they are within 5 levels should they not be dark blue?  Was the con changed so that dark blue is within 4 levels or am I mistaken and RSS mobs are level 72 and not 73?

Hzath

Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Mardag

Yeah I see that now.  I thought they were all 73.  Still descent experience but I went off to Loping Plains and got 14% a kill off the even con crocs which is a little better though slower kills.  Thanks for the relpy.

Khauruk

Quote from: Mardag on September 30, 2009, 09:38:17 PM
Yeah I see that now.  I thought they were all 73.  Still descent experience but I went off to Loping Plains and got 14% a kill off the even con crocs which is a little better though slower kills.  Thanks for the relpy.

Crocs in Loping were around 120k HP.  RSS upstairs averages about 45k iirc.  So, xp better be a hell of a lot better per mob.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Mardag

Yeah crocs have a lot more hit points and require a lot more mana to kill but with focused paragon the mana isn't really a problem anymore.  The experience is only as little better as I am using a merc in group instead of soloing like my Necro and Druid did.

trixbro

I did alot of my xp grinding in rss when I cam back to the game for the very reason khaur mentioned. The kills in rss will be much faster and easier. Consider how much xp you get per hour, rather than kill. I look at it like this (using aaxp since scale is smaller) if rss mob gives me 5% per kill and lp mob gives me 8-9%, I'm still better off in RSS because I can kill (easily)3-4 times as many mobs in rss.

Kanan

When rss was the hotzone, and another zone was a higher one, I would get faster xp in rss bcs of the relative ease of the kills vs the other zone (I want to say it was dsk).  Hell.. i actually got a tiny bit of use out of taste of blood in rss ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

wildwaters

Quote from: Kanan on October 01, 2009, 08:32:11 PM
When rss was the hotzone, and another zone was a higher one, I would get faster xp in rss bcs of the relative ease of the kills vs the other zone (I want to say it was dsk).  Hell.. i actually got a tiny bit of use out of taste of blood in rss ;p

You sir and people like you are the reason DSK was mostly deserted when it was a hot zone and my SK thanks you >.<

Mardag

RSS was 4% a kill with merc in group and loping plains was 14%.  So even though RSS mobs were faster kills it took over 3 times as many mobs to equal one croc.  Now while RSS was dark blue I got 8-9% a kill with merc in group.  Thats why I was so suprised going from 77 to 78 as I thought RSS would remain dark blue but no luck there.

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Mardag on October 01, 2009, 10:22:24 PM
RSS was 4% a kill with merc in group and loping plains was 14%.  So even though RSS mobs were faster kills it took over 3 times as many mobs to equal one croc.  Now while RSS was dark blue I got 8-9% a kill with merc in group.  Thats why I was so suprised going from 77 to 78 as I thought RSS would remain dark blue but no luck there.

4% reg XP?
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

wildwaters

Mardag

Reg experience was still ok but it was 4% AA per kill.

Nusa

Of course, with the bonus for low-AA people, that's a less reliable measure than it once was. But long as it works for you.

Mardag

I only have 615 AA on this character and I don't know where the cut off is so probably not a good example.

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Mardag on October 03, 2009, 02:12:36 AM
I only have 615 AA on this character and I don't know where the cut off is so probably not a good example.

The cut off is 1k aa's, was raised with the SoD release.  Underfoot should raise it once again (Assuming this).

4% seems low for RSS.  I get 3-4% in WoS at 78 w/merc.  I Think I get 7-8% in RSS w/Merc but will check again and post.  Im at 800 aa's approx. for reference but will check again.  RSS is kinda fun to camp so will be going back this weekend anyways.
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus