Main Menu

Oct 09 Hotzone Augs

Started by Karve, October 12, 2009, 02:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karve

Figured it would be better to start a new thread to show what augs can be found in the new hotzones.

Actually more thorough searching of allaz reveals http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/EQ%3AHotzones

A complete list.
Cant see anything I'd dash out for this time.

Professional Mad Bastard.

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Karve on October 12, 2009, 02:21:52 PM
Cant see anything I'd dash out for this time.

Nope, was just another F'you to the community.

In retrospect, they said F'you when they didn't put any aug's in the last batch of hotzones and then threatened to rid them selves of hotzones when we complained.  So I guess they were a little nicer when they called us names this time.

The only person who gains benefit from these aug's are VERY casual (i.e. New players if they really do exist) Tanks.
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Karve

Aye, its definitely aimed at peeps catching up now, more than ever. Which in a way I suppose is a good thing, no-one would really want to start fresh at level 1 with 0 plat and no friends and try to hit 85 would they ?

I guess it makes that aspect of EQ easier to stomach, but for the more seasoned player, a level 85 hotzone with a decent aug would be fine... Crystallos or higher perhaps.

Professional Mad Bastard.

Sharrien

Aren't hot zones intended to help players catch up who are not max level?  I don't think they were ever intended for anyone max level, so to me it's not surprising at all that the bonus augs in those zones have little use for a vet player.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Khauruk

Aye, they're not meant to compete with the augs out of SoF/SoD/zones in any fashion. (or augs off of "real" nameds)

But, it would be nice if the AC aug was 27AC or so, so that it is superior to a Flameshield Stone or something from drastically lower lvl content.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Sharrien on October 13, 2009, 01:33:13 PM
Aren't hot zones intended to help players catch up who are not max level?  I don't think they were ever intended for anyone max level, so to me it's not surprising at all that the bonus augs in those zones have little use for a vet player.

And for the most part thats exactly what they have done.  Helped catch people up. 

The reason the Aug's and for a brief time Items were added to the zones was to intice Higher level players to play their "alts" in these zones so they could group with the "new and up and coming players" so that some kind of repoir could be estanlished.  People would log onto their level 15 Bazaar mule and actually level them 'cause it was "easy" (thanks to hotzone xp) and beneficial (gear was dropping that would be an upgrade, usually in the form of aug's cause they could equip BoC, Fungi & ect...).

Fast forward to today and you have hot zones that really aren't all that "hot" and aug's that only benefit .01% of the community.  But like I posted earlier, I guess .01% for the new administration is "progress."
Grimwar
81 Beastlord

wildwaters

Quote from: AbyssalMage on October 13, 2009, 04:53:43 PM
Fast forward to today and you have hot zones that really aren't all that "hot" and aug's that only benefit .01% of the community.  But like I posted earlier, I guess .01% for the new administration is "progress."

You want to qualify that number?

I find alot of applicants to guilds are still wearing numerous hot zone augs and defiant augs. At lower gear levels augs can be a challenge, especially the quested ones of the last 2 expansions.

Khauruk

Heh...I'm still wearing the one from DSK.  It's really not a horrible aug - better than most of the Anguish ones, and great until I camp Warleader's Pearl or something.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

AbyssalMage

Quote from: wildwaters on October 13, 2009, 07:01:49 PM
Quote from: AbyssalMage on October 13, 2009, 04:53:43 PM

You want to qualify that number?

I find alot of applicants to guilds are still wearing numerous hot zone augs and defiant augs. At lower gear levels augs can be a challenge, especially the quested ones of the last 2 expansions.

Lol, talking about the "newest" augs /grin
I still use many of the "old" hotzone augs and bring all my alt's to those zones specifically for certain ones (Usuallt the hybrid ones as + Mana aug's don't float my boat personally)
Grimwar
81 Beastlord