Main Menu

yet another question about attunable gear

Started by bobokatt1970, October 17, 2009, 05:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobokatt1970

Ok so I have so much conflicting info.  I am just trying to figure out if I can equip my warder with something like an elegant defiant bow in the range slot.  I have 4 on me right now as they are not lore.  I realize there is discussion of when you pocket pet or zone or log etc. for attunable gear... but I am just equipping the warder in the zone and wont pocket him etc.  It's not a visible item... it has dodge 3 on it but has no damage shield for me to monitor to see if it actually does work with damage logging.  For how cheap they are (like 15pp and so plentiful), I really hope for those long days of killing stuff for faction etc., it actually does equip properly. Any ideas.

Grbage

I personally don't know if pet can equip a range item or not. How this thing is typically tested is to nuke the pet and see how much damage is done, give the pet an item then nuke again. You can then compare the results.

I know mages have done a ton of testing on this way, might peruse their boards and see what you can come up with.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Nusa

Use a lower-level unbuffed pet that doesn't have as many hitpoints as your normal one. Test-nuke it naked and with some mage-summoned items that you know it equips so you understand what it looks like with/without the gear on. Then sacrifice a bow for the experiment and see what you get.

An alternative to nuking is to duel a box/someone who beats up your pet in a controlled manner. Keep your pet held if you have that option.

bobokatt1970