Main Menu

Would you use FSPF or Fabled Battle fist in offhand?

Started by Catnip_Inny, September 21, 2009, 06:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camikazi

Quote from: Karve on October 12, 2009, 10:25:00 AM
I now have my new weapon.

Cold Iron Morning Star (Augmented)
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE
Slot: PRIMARY SECONDARY
Skill: 1H Blunt Atk Delay: 25
DMG: 79 AC: 49
Backstab DMG: +2
Effect: Might of Stone I (Casting Time: Instant)
Effect: Freezing Strike IV (Combat)
STR: 30 DEX: 24 STA: 47 CHA: 12 Wis: 27 INT: 18 AGI: 30 HP: 951 MANA: 919 Endurance: 919 SV FIRE: 48 SV DISEASE: 63 SV COLD: 48 SV MAGIC: 48 SV POISON: 33
Attack: +35
Mana Regeneration: +5
Damage Shield: 2
Damage Shield Mitigation: 1
Spell DMG: +7
Heal amount: +7
Clairvoyance: +13
Combat Effects: +3 Strikethrough: +5% Shielding: +3% Spell Shield: +5% Avoidance: +7 Accuracy: +9 Stun Resist: +1%
DoT Shielding: +3%
Recommended level of 75
Required level of 85
WT: 1.3 Size: MEDIUM
Class: WAR RNG MNK BRD ROG BST
Race: HUM BAR ELF DEF HEF DWF TRL OGR HFL GNM IKS VAH FRG DRK
slot 1, type 8: Crystal Embedded Discord Stone

Currently offhanding Xangef's, but have Fabled battle fists .. I guess I have the right one offhanded, does delay have any impact o/h or just damage?

Nice weapon, but FSPF in primary and morning star in offhand is still better DPS (can't get rid of that damn fabled weapon). I was using the MM Piercer and Morning Star for a while and that combo just matched Fabled and Morning Star combo.

Latang

Haven't tried it with anything less than maxed pet aa, but Cami is right - fabled pet weap in primary > basically all. Haven't got lessonteacher yet (lotsa monks want it, and I ganked Soulsunder off them so I feel guilty) but I'm not entirely sure if even that combo is better for non disc killing.

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

Kanan

Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Azire

So what wep out there now is better to MH over FSPF?

Latang

If your pet aa's are maxed, and weapon affinity/combat effects maxed... prolly nothing for normal group exp'ing, as long as you have bandolier hotkeyed to swap out best ratio weapons for when you use empathic / BA... Again, still waiting on lessonteacher to test it, but on sustained parsing, pets from fabled are 465-485 dps. Considering our basically afk autoattack on dps is pretty average, then that's a big % of dps...

Gutterr

I have found that the length of the fight determines which to use.  Short fights you might as well keep the non-fabled weapon.  If it takes longer to kill a mob, stick with the fabled.

melikemilk

Quoteas long as you have bandolier hotkeyed to swap out best ratio weapons for when you use empathic / BA

Why do you want to take it out when you use them ?

Latang

The base ratio isn't that good really (39/19 or something - can't remember off hand) and when you use a disc that boosts your melee hits, you get a better return off a higher ratio weapon. On burns I use soulsunder mainhand, and MMM h2h offhand (not even going to stress about getting lessonteacher now - I can wait for underfoot) unless is KW raid then use MMM screwdriver offhand for the piercing bonus.