Main Menu

The Ultimate Burn

Started by Caveira, October 23, 2009, 08:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caveira

Hey guys, just new to highend raiding and all, maxxed out at over 3k AAs I've got everything and all my discs..Just curious, what is your ultimate burn order during raids? What is the order you click your discs, and which do you click at the same time? Been looking through the site compiling information but just wanted to see everyones opinions.

Thanks!

Caveira

Aye I've seen that and took bits and pieces, but throughout I only see like 2 discs used. Was just curious what people tend to stack, what they think gets the most dps, etc.

Nusa

Heh...that might be because we only have two offensive discs to use. (Well, three, but two of those are on the same timer.)

Seriously, reread the first response to that thread..there's a lot of information in there.

Khauruk

In terms of power, EF > BA > GBA.  Use 7th vet reward (if you have) when you click EF.  EF is also best to use first in case you die, since BA doesn't require endurance (if you're just rezzed).

Assuming that all epics and AEs and abilities will be clicked right away, I:

Run in
Yowl
Swarm pet, solteris BP click, 2nd spire (if very short)
EF/retarget
melee on
nuke nuke nuke dot dot
dot every time I have nothing else to click (between melee rounds if possible) if I have manaflare on
BA when EF wear off audiotrigger goes off
GBA when that wears off
Growl until fight over
(If you have 7th, and fight will be long, it's probably better to go EF -> BA -> 7th -> GBA -> Growl).

If tank agro is good, you can use Forceful Rejevenation at the beginning (before in disc), or when you're just using Growl - Yowl/nukes > deagro > FR > Yowl/nukes.

Learn other classes abilities though - being able to coordinate discs with bard/sham/zerk/and ranger (if no bard) will boost you greatly.

There's more info in the other thread though also.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Caveira

Rnan

Hey guys. My first post so bare with me. i read here alot and was looking at the post about
the max dps.

My spell line up for burns is
#1 posion dot
#2 posion dot
#3 ice nuke
#4 ice nuke
#5 posion nuke
#6 yowl
#7 SE
#8 heal
#9 fero
#10 pet (taking damage spell)
in this list here i see 2 x ice nuke.
but when i cast my highest ice nuke the other is blacked out as well.
is there a spell im missing i have : Frigid lance Rk II and Spiked Sleet Rk II

any help will be greatly appreciated

Rnan

Khauruk

First, drop SE.  If you're burning, you're not buffing.  Replace that with the lowest 69+ growl spell you have (for fights longer than our discs), or a disease DoT.  Drop fero for another of the same.  I'm going to assume your #10 is the pet rune spell?

As for your ice nuke problem, it's because you're missing a spell.  You can chain our two highest ice nukes without spell greyout issues.  You need to obtain a copy of Jagged Torrent to avoid the issues you're having - the lvl79 ice nuke.

Edit:  Oh, and welcome!
TURNCOAT!!!!!