Main Menu

2 Box Setup

Started by Chaened, October 24, 2009, 06:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chaened

Hi all,

Returning to EQ again, with new characters on the Mayong server. Not uncommon for me;
My goals are trophy duos (solo, but with my 2box) of ntov+ mobs. I dont care about pushing the limit completely, but would like to be able to do vindi, AoW, etc..Maybe raid CoA if things come to that.

I would like to have a 2 box that includes either SK or Cleric. SK+Shaman or Cleric+Necro seem to be the best solutions I've found; I want to be able to level mercless for the most part, at least until I've had a chance to build money. I'd also like one with a good leveling/AA speed. I dont want to spend the ton of time I did on my bst/brd team leveling. I don't mind having one super level toon+1 trophy solo toon, even if that means basically letting one simply soak xp.

I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions. Please post 'em up!

Blarp

u could do a SK shammy.  if needed u can use merks for more heals to add dps with the shammy gives u single pulls.  plus tankage.  given the content u want to do tho u can lvl just aboult any lvl 85 with bazaar gear and solo all of Keal. just fyi

Mazame

From what you posted it looks like you already made up your mind.
1st off to answer your question SK + Shammy offers a lot.
Mercs are not able to go into all zones so if your looking at CoA you will nead a healer.
SoD group gear will make most older content cake for doing what you want so level to 85 and do the SoD then you can go back and take out all the way up threw PoR content with just boxing.

on a personal  note  this is the Beastlords Form and so to not even post about boxing a beast = lame imo.
Bst are a great class and can do a lot bst + sk with new merc = very little you can not do. other great combos
Bst+Cleric
Bst+Druid
Bst+Chanter
Bst+mage
Bst+nerco
Bst + Shammy
Bst+Bard

Bst +Ranger

Chaened

Quote from: Mazame on October 24, 2009, 07:13:24 PM
From what you posted it looks like you already made up your mind.
1st off to answer your question SK + Shammy offers a lot.
Mercs are not able to go into all zones so if your looking at CoA you will nead a healer.
SoD group gear will make most older content cake for doing what you want so level to 85 and do the SoD then you can go back and take out all the way up threw PoR content with just boxing.

on a personal  note  this is the Beastlords Form and so to not even post about boxing a beast = lame imo.
Bst are a great class and can do a lot bst + sk with new merc = very little you can not do. other great combos
Bst+Cleric
Bst+Druid
Bst+Chanter
Bst+mage
Bst+nerco
Bst + Shammy
Bst+Bard

Bst +Ranger

Well, I do intend to get a 3rd box eventually, which will be my BST. The reason I asked here is because I trust you guys more than any other forum. I have played like 3 or 4 different BST's; Don't think I'm counting them out; At the moment, I can really only do 2 accounts though.

I may give BST/Cleric a try, since Cleric or SK is a must for me right at the moment, and it seems like it'd be stronger than cleric/sk or bst/sk

Khauruk

Either cleric or sham will do you well, but I'd go for sham tbh.  SK, Shm, Bst.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Maylian

I'd have to agree that for trophy hunting duo partnership SK's are going to be the best option without rival, partnered with a shammy you should be more than capable. Eventually when Pp permits a cleric merc would make it very powerful and then a bst for dps would be an average addition to the group.

On the upside all 3 of those classes can be Iksars.....

Mazame

I would agree with merc a cleric is not as good as a shammy

I would go bst / shm / Sk .. you could start off with sk/sham or bst/ sham and both would work well. also you could do bst /sk  and use cleric mercs until you get sham.