Main Menu

NDA Lifted INFO

Started by Tadenea, November 25, 2009, 08:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khauruk

3503 per cast (I'm guessing rk2).  It's 110% of the damage values on the parts.

I did a quick 1 minute simulation on a spreadsheet of how much it would boost our agro, and it was an additional 35,000 hate per minute on a burn.  This was before the recast timer was added, so I'm going to pull a number of something like 20,000 added hate/minute out of my butt.  That's after SCS.

The recast timer went in probably to control the huge dps boost we'd get from it (we're already getting a pretty damn good melee boost from AAs/ratios too), and it does, though proably not intentionally, give bst a reason to buy SCS.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Khauruk

Quote from: Mardag on November 30, 2009, 08:55:47 PM
Sounds like the spell would be perfect for soloers like me.  I usually spend most of my time soloing with the occassional groupmate so keeping agro is nice.  Anyone know what level the spell is?  I leveled to 83 and plan to stay there for another 600 AA or so.

The expansion content is designed for lvl 85, so I'm guessing all the spells will be for lvl85.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Kanan

/chuckle.. I'm soooo dead on most raid mobs the first few weeks after I get this.

I hadn't thought about the MR chanter line coupled with this before.. /grin.. that one's gonna be worthwhile & fun again!  Time to polish off the hotkey again.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Khauruk

Indeed, we'll be an excellent target for single-cast MR.  At least Manaflare line causes almost no agro.  Well, we're a great target when we can spam DoTs already....but I digress.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Latang

Quote from: Khauruk on November 30, 2009, 09:51:06 PM
Indeed, we'll be an excellent target for single-cast MR.  At least Manaflare line causes almost no agro.  Well, we're a great target when we can spam DoTs already....but I digress.

Ashamed to ask, but what do you mean by "spamming DoTs"? I have a bit of a gap in my EQ knowledge from when I took a few years off...

Train Engineer, Chief Hermit of <Mystic Nobles>

Khauruk

Every time you cast a DoT, Manaflare (and upgrades) will proc off of the initial damage on it.  So, if you know you have more than enough mana for an event, you can just cast a DoT every time you have nothing else to cast to get that manaflare proc.

It's not mana efficient, and it's not a huge dps boost, but the damage can add up nicely on a fight where you have no other ability to use mana.  Rank 3 of the aura version (if you're grouped w/ an enc) adds 1447 damage (w/ 10% chance of the damage being calculated multiples times) every 2.5 seconds when you re-apply that DoT.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Kanan

The dots have 0 cast time helps tremendously in their usage now too.

TBH, that's one of biggest reasons I'll use them on raids.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

sicshift

good gawd can a brotha get a real group haste spell? wtf is the deal? one of the most rediculous things ive seen.

Gutterr

Quote from: sicshift on December 01, 2009, 08:41:35 PM
good gawd can a brotha get a real group haste spell? wtf is the deal? one of the most rediculous things ive seen.

Hah, I got asked by a paly why I kept casting the fooking haste on him (was resummoning pets after a death on raids).  Unlinking them would be nice, as would a longer cast time.  Not a huge deal since buffs can be botted/begged/etc, but would be nice to have.

Hamtarro

So those of you who were in beta, what did you think about the future of our class? I'm already feeling a bit underpowered at the moment as-is, with average damage and very little utility in the raid game to make up for it, do you see our damage relative to the other classes staying about the same in UF?
Hamtarro Baconator
<Grey Horizon>
Tunare Server

Blarp

well that depends. yes we kinda lack on dps, but if you time EVERything just right you should be close to top DPS in your guild atm with korsmual and OMM wep same PEr aug ratio i am pulling 7200+ DPS  depening on group setup. no glypg's.   i like to see our trip and dub atkk uped a good bit that would help our over all dps alot. if/when they fix our warder will make a BIG diff.

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Hamtarro on December 01, 2009, 11:08:42 PM
So those of you who were in beta, what did you think about the future of our class? I'm already feeling a bit underpowered at the moment as-is, with average damage and very little utility in the raid game to make up for it, do you see our damage relative to the other classes staying about the same in UF?

We should see a signifigant DPS boost simply by weapon upgrades if you can obtain them, but every mellee is receiving this "boost" to better match the inflation of the DPS of Wiz/Necro in SoD.  As far as where we end up on the charts...Look to be where we are at now...Pure DPS, Hybrids, and then us.  With out them boosting pet DPS or our personal DPS we aren't going anywhere fast.

Actually the expansion may be a blessing in disguise as most groups will be Tank, Cleric, Chanter, Druid, DPS, Free slot.  We can fit in the free slot for the additional DPS and Slower to free up the chanty to do crowd control.  We're screwed if they give the Druid slot to a Shaman though as that allows a Wizzy, Beserker, Necro, Mage, Rogue, or Monk who all out DPS us.  Not to mention if they go super cautious and choose a Bard for the Free slot for pulling/cc or use a Pally Tank freeing up the Druid/Shaman slot, to provide more DPS with the above mentioned classes.

God, I really remember now why I hated GoD expansion so munch now, so little flexibility...
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Hzath

Quote from: Hamtarro on December 01, 2009, 11:08:42 PM

We'll see a nice boost when the expansion launches with our awesome new spell (yes, it's unlinked with everything) and new AAs.  There's a big IF tied to that, you need to either group with very good tanks or tank everything yourself.  Once melee start getting better weapons they'll probably make up more ground than we gained.  I see us staying about where we are when it's all said and done, maybe moving up slightly in DPS.  We didn't really get anything new utility related so I would say that's gonna be degraded.

People that like to tank are going to have a rough time of it.  Tier7 zones tore me apart with just 1 merc in tower gear and lots of AC.  I did some testing wearing appropriate level group gear and wow, that's scary stuff what those mobs were doing to me.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Hzath

Oh ya

Friendly pet - level 83
Frozen Venom - level 84
Haegren's Feralgia - level 85
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Catnip_Inny

yes the expansion is VERY non bst friendly id say... i like the challenging aspect of it but, most groups will need a real tank, healer, CC/puller or both... and then dps.... in SoF/SoD i tanked most groups even korafax ect but these mobs ripped me a new one with T5 group gear(SoD) and 2 T5 cleric mercs...

with the content being as hard as it is i think its going to be difficult for players to achieve the higher teired group weapons that have tehse good ratios... think the highest ones are 3.0 ratio... but i dont wanna see who u have to kill for those lol~!