Main Menu

NDA Lifted INFO

Started by Tadenea, November 25, 2009, 08:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tadenea

Quote from: Brane on November 26, 2009, 01:29:10 PM
No new spell slots? That was the thing which interested me the most.

Look under Archtype its there
Mnemonic Retention 3-4

2 new spell slots
SoE Community Leader
Ranger of Test Server

Sindaar

Some nice things there..
Out of curiosity how much of an increase are the Beastial Frenzy 11-13? same as the previous ones?

Cheers,
Mubu
Elder Mubu Bearlubba
Animal fur collection
Venerable Akilax Jamness
Blessed Armor

rhaug

too bad no shortening of recast timers on yowl spell
mages got that for there rs servant. and increased duration.

wonder how we do in the dps department, my opinion is that there isnt anything really outstanding for us in this new expansion. not much love for us.
its more the usual upgrades of aa. the aggro aa is ok, but nice if it can be turned on or off.

hope the new nuke is ok, and radiant mana gifts etc, but did not go oom much in a  raid during burns.
happy that the pet can tank better, hope its dps is also increased in the same way.
since i am more a raider so dps is what it adds for me.

where is the love for the beastlord from the eq developers?

Bumkus

we should be ok on dps.  Frozen Venom will be a big help in burns assuming it doesnt kill us from aggro.  will be worth getting SCS now if you were on the fence.

Focus of animus will help dots stick better.

hastened feral swipe takes that recast down to 9 sec.

we should also see an improvement in monk/bst ratios

Our warders will have a DA, which is the closest thing we've see to a get out of jail free card lately

Warder dps is stagnated, but we wont have to spend as much time to keep it alive.  I think they want to see how everything shakes out before making more dps adjustments.

bobokatt1970

Not a huge thing but noted other classes (at least casters) got an increase to Armor or Wisdom (ac increase).  Was this an omission for hybrids?

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Hzath on November 26, 2009, 11:27:34 AM
Overall I would say the best thing to come out of beta for us is the pet defensive revamp.  The different is absolutely amazing.  Would have been nice to see these changes prior to the expansion launch, but at least we got them.
Its about time, but getting this as an expansion release and not something that is patched kinda stinks.  But I'll take it.

Our best spell by far is Frozen Venom (the 60% cold/poison nuke damage for 50% mana with added agro).  It has a 4.5 recast, but that's to ensure we don't just stop using our dots and cold nukes.  The bad part about this spell is it's more mana efficient than all of our other nukes which makes it very appealing to cast, but the additional agro will be way too much for a lot of tanks.  Spell casting subtlety will help, but with no real reliable jolt we'll get to have fun adjusting.  Don't misunderstand my pessimism, it's a wonderful spell.
Guess we'll have to place Asp/Smash/Raven's on this hotkey to drop the 10% agro increase...I like it as long as it isn't linked to our ice/poison nukes...4 near-insta cast nukes is NICE!

Our defensive pet defensive heal proc spell is really lame, and the Haegren's Feralgia is bugged.  Hopefully they both get worked into a useful state by launch.
Anything to help the pet live is awesome...Or is the stacking an issue with Hobble/Pet Slow?

Hastened feral attacks = win.  Recast down to 9 seconds now.

Only a few ranks of BF and Burst of power and no flurry AAs, definitely helpful but so few ranks is saddening.

Fury of magic and Destructive Fury - useful for sure
Probably limiting the amount of DPS we do but DPS is DPS...we just need to ask for more.

Prolific Minion - be happy it got pulled.  So many pets would have been terrible on raids - and TONS of classes had this at first.  It was funny telling your warder to get lost and his pets started fighting you though.
They could of made this a short (or long duration) buff that allowed us to "proc" pets with out needing an augment or proc in our weapon(or a pet).  I hope some one on the Beta could bring this back as a personal buff  :-D  As far as "too many pets" during a raid...Lets get some love for the groupers and Solo'ers  :lol:
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

AbyssalMage

http://necrotalk.com/showthread.php?t=10888&page=2

Looking at their webpage and noticed they had more info on Mob's in the new expansion.  If this goes live, this expansion looks like another GoD expansion...

Whats worse is the player base is already small and we can't afford another exodus.  Really hope some Beta testers can shed some light on this expansion cause having no "true camps" + requiring groups + requiring the holy trinity of Tank/Cleric/Chanter from days gone bye = Instant death for this expansion and any enjoyment I would of gotten from it.
Grimwar
81 Beastlord

Sharrien

Well, raids have already dealt with large numbers of pets, all the long-established swarm and rage pets and more recently with all the fabled pet weapons in heavy use this last year.  Raids did just fine even with bunches of pets running around, I bet they would have done just fine with prolific minion as well.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Kanan

One questions I've not seen an answer to here yet: does Frozen Venom share a timer with any of our existing spells?  i.e., did we just gain a 4th nuke to add to our bite/cold/cold nuke lineup?

I know i'll likely be throwing it at the end of the lineup, cuz, yeah.. with existing agro issues from bite, throwing that immediately before/after would be flat dumb unless we're tanking.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

kharthai

Quote from: Kanan on November 30, 2009, 03:22:34 PM
One questions I've not seen an answer to here yet: does Frozen Venom share a timer with any of our existing spells?  i.e., did we just gain a 4th nuke to add to our bite/cold/cold nuke lineup?

It is on its own 4.5 sec timer, separate from the 2 ice nukes and poison nuke.

AbyssalMage

Quote from: kharthai on November 30, 2009, 03:30:53 PM
Quote from: Kanan on November 30, 2009, 03:22:34 PM

It is on its own 4.5 sec timer, separate from the 2 ice nukes and poison nuke.
And lets make sure it stays that way!
Grimwar
81 Beastlord

Kanan

cool.. i think that is going to allow us to pretty much truly be chain casting our 5 main spells, constantly with the occasional dot thrown in for good measure.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Catnip_Inny

Frozen Venom has a significant aggro increase with it... the dmg isnt all that great really its more of an aggro tool i find.... Its refresh rate is rediculously short... i can cast FV, throw another nuke and by that time FV will have repopped...

I think this is (I hope) sony's way of addressing a large portion of the bst community who said they will never touch the Spell Casting Subtlety AA's...  though we cant turn Spell Casting Subtlety  on/off... if we chain cast FV we should be able to effectively hold aggro ...

I bought all 3 ranks of Spell Casting Subtlety  last night and tried taking aggro from the warrior in my group, and i actually had to try pretty hard to steal aggro but it was still doable if i got the jump on him lol...

With FV the way it is i might purchase Spell Casting Subtlety now since I usually get tooo much aggro on raids but was unwilling to just throw it away before, because we need ways to control aggro in different situations.

wildwaters

Quote from: Catnip_Inny on November 30, 2009, 06:59:21 PM
Frozen Venom has a significant aggro increase with it... the dmg isnt all that great really its more of an aggro tool i find.... Its refresh rate is rediculously short... i can cast FV, throw another nuke and by that time FV will have repopped...

I think this is (I hope) sony's way of addressing a large portion of the bst community who said they will never touch the Spell Casting Subtlety AA's...  though we cant turn Spell Casting Subtlety  on/off... if we chain cast FV we should be able to effectively hold aggro ...

I bought all 3 ranks of Spell Casting Subtlety  last night and tried taking aggro from the warrior in my group, and i actually had to try pretty hard to steal aggro but it was still doable if i got the jump on him lol...

With FV the way it is i might purchase Spell Casting Subtlety now since I usually get tooo much aggro on raids but was unwilling to just throw it away before, because we need ways to control aggro in different situations.

This won't happen with an sk >.<

I am curious does anyone know how much the hate isoff the new nuke?

Mardag

Sounds like the spell would be perfect for soloers like me.  I usually spend most of my time soloing with the occassional groupmate so keeping agro is nice.  Anyone know what level the spell is?  I leveled to 83 and plan to stay there for another 600 AA or so.