Main Menu

NDA Lifted INFO

Started by Tadenea, November 25, 2009, 08:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobokatt1970

I think we really are missing the point that the EQ population is rather lacking on all if not most servers.  The days of no one wanting this class or that in favor of another is long gone IMO. 

In my guild, if you are on... and folks are actually doing something, they will take whoever they can get -- granted if you have a base of usual friends it helps.  In my opinion the BST still can fill in pretty much any spot (other than dedicated healer or tank of course -- and more so in this expansion obviously due to the insane mobs and their DPS and HP).  But I have not been without a job or place in years... anything this expansion will provide just makes us better.

Anyhow the only thing I can think of.... is that for once we are getting insane new content (difficulty of mobs I mean), and we ARE NOT getting a level boost.  We can all remember the first few weeks and months of a new expansion and hitting top tier zones and exclaiming how freaking hard it was to do, and then look back 1 year after and noting how much easier it became.  Without the 5 usual level increase I don't see that happening.  Maybe because of this we shall really see more differences between the survivability and effectiveness of some classes.

wildwaters

Typically we get our coolest aa's and spells from non-level cap expansions.

Besides, if it is hard that is good. If we wanted the game dumbed down anymore we'd find a different mmo.

AbyssalMage

Quote from: wildwaters on December 02, 2009, 08:26:04 PM

Besides, if it is hard that is good. If we wanted the game dumbed down anymore we'd find a different mmo.

They tried what they are doing now during GoD and there was no spot for a BST except the 6th slot or the Slower spot.  Underfoot from every Beta tester I've talked to personally or seen posted has basically described this expansion as GoD 2.0.  GoD was a horrible expansion for EVERYONE except the hard core raiding guilds and the seriouse gamer.  It literally was the expansion that "seperated the adults from the kids" and caused one of the greatest exodus's in EQ's history w/only the release of WoW being greater.  So if you liked GoD on release your going to like Underfoot ALOT, otherwise I see it taking "the 3rd spot of worst expansion" award w/only LoY and GoD beating it out for top 2 honors.  Also note it hasn't been released yet and even GoD was tuned down after release so the same things may happen with Underfoot.  Even GoD was more tollerable after the series of patches that came after launch making it easier to stomoche putting out $20-$40 for an expansion that basically gave everyone the Beserker class (and 2 zones and the instance Serwer zones to explore in) and nothing else for their money (Unless you where the hard core gamer/raider). 
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Khauruk

From what I've seen, GoD 2.0 is only partially right.

There is a clear upgrade path which works - T6 is harder than Korafax, but is doable with Korafax gear.

That said, it won't be doable in the way we've become accustomed - through mercenary tanks or only one merc cleric.  It also won't have the easy uncrowded open zones we're mostly accustomed to.  It probably won't have bst tanking much content.

And yeah...I would be surprised if it's not detuned a bit w/in a couple months.

Hopefully release state doesn't ensure it's the last expansion.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Kanan

One question I have atm: are the spells all going to be quested/dropped?

Or will they be vendored and such as for the "normal" spells we get?

Or is this up in the air until release?
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Grbage

Quote from: AbyssalMage on December 02, 2009, 11:36:44 PM
Quote from: wildwaters on December 02, 2009, 08:26:04 PM

They tried what they are doing now during GoD and there was no spot for a BST except the 6th slot or the Slower spot.  Underfoot from every Beta tester I've talked to personally or seen posted has basically described this expansion as GoD 2.0.  GoD was a horrible expansion for EVERYONE except the hard core raiding guilds and the seriouse gamer.  It literally was the expansion that "seperated the adults from the kids" and caused one of the greatest exodus's in EQ's history w/only the release of WoW being greater.  So if you liked GoD on release your going to like Underfoot ALOT, otherwise I see it taking "the 3rd spot of worst expansion" award w/only LoY and GoD beating it out for top 2 honors.  Also note it hasn't been released yet and even GoD was tuned down after release so the same things may happen with Underfoot.  Even GoD was more tollerable after the series of patches that came after launch making it easier to stomoche putting out $20-$40 for an expansion that basically gave everyone the Beserker class (and 2 zones and the instance Serwer zones to explore in) and nothing else for their money (Unless you where the hard core gamer/raider). 

Actually I was mainly a grouper with some casual raids tossed in when GoD came out and I loved it. Couldn't take a hit but found it fun anyway.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Kanan

I remember the major problems I had getting into some of the groups or doing some of the sewer expeditions for the spells back when GoD was fairly new.  I honestly hope that's not gonna happen again =/
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Karve

I'm sure GoD was responsible for my first departure from EQ, fortunately thi stime around I am not entirely casual anymore ;~)

Professional Mad Bastard.

Hzath

Quote from: Kanan on December 03, 2009, 02:29:44 PM
One question I have atm: are the spells all going to be quested/dropped?

Or will they be vendored and such as for the "normal" spells we get?

Or is this up in the air until release?

Rank 1 spells are from missions (Which combinations I have no idea)
Rank 2 are dropped (I never found any of ours, but I did see other classes)

I suppose I'll spill the beans about one of our spells getting changed.  Haergen's Feralgia is now an alternate Yowl at the Moon swarm pet that also procs Growl of the Jaguar on ourselves and warder.  The spell shares a recast timer with Yowl.  It's a pretty decent spell - you get a Yowl at the Moon and Growl of the Jag for less than their combined mana costs and also only one cast time.  The spell keeps the mob targetted while giving the growl buff, if your warder is dead the swarm pet still gets summoned but you won't get the growl buff.  If you have the Growl buff going Yowl will still be preferred swarm pet because it costs less mana.  Growl is basically obsolete now (if you even used it).
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

AbyssalMage

Quote from: bobokatt1970 on December 02, 2009, 04:46:30 PM
I think we really are missing the point that the EQ population is rather lacking on all if not most servers.  The days of no one wanting this class or that in favor of another is long gone IMO. 

The problem is...
Great your on...but you can't do the content 'cause you don't have a Tank/Cleric/Chanty(Bard) in your group.  Once you get those you now need to find a back up healer if you didn't get a Pally for a Tank and have to decide "can you survive w/out a Puller(if you don't have a bard/SK)?"  These were all problems when GoD was released and their was 2x as many players.  As you mentioned "the player base is constricted" so now you see where the problem lies.

Having a clear gear up path doesn't help you if the groups all have to be "cookie-cutter" ones.  GoD 1.0 you couldn't survive w/out Tank/Healer/CC/Puller/Sec. Healer/slower.  It was simply impossible to do w/out these "jobs" because you were guaranteed people were going to die.  I remember for a short time before the first revamp the Tank had to be a Warrior and even after the revamp you often did sewers w/2 tanks for off tanking adds and incase the tank got K.O.'d from the crazy proc's Noc's(correct NPC?) did before a heal could land.

I'm not saying Underfoot will be this bad (I sure hope not) but every post comments on the DPS the mobs are throwing out. their HP's, and finally mob density/roaming is going to make things very "challenging."  "Challenging" is good as long as the community can support such a challenge.  The question is if there are enouph of each "job" available to meet this "challenge."  GoD was a terrible expansion 'cause with 2x the community their wasn't enouph people to fill the jobs except at peak times and even then the missions weren't a guaranteed success.  Underfoot must succeed where GoD failed otherwise only bad things are to come.
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Hzath

The main difference I see is that in current content there are more classes that can fulfill each of the roles as compared to GoD.  There are still just 3 tanks, but knights are very competent for group content (Rangers are real iffy w/o raid gear).  Druids/Shaman are much more viable as main healers in recent years, they might struggle some here but mercs are always an option as a secondary healer.  I've viewed pulling/cc as the same job for group content, an can be pulled by a multitude of skilled classes, monk/ranger/bard/enchanter/rogue/shadowknight all have tools that can get the job done. 

The hardest part of the expansion will be the initial jolt of actually having to use all the abilities each class is given.  It's not easy(in group gear) but everything I've seen is far from impossible.  Not every group named encounter will be a first(or third) time victory because of all their new tricks, and this may frustrate people, but the rewards will be worth it.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

wildwaters

Quote from: Hzath on December 06, 2009, 09:47:31 PM
The main difference I see is that in current content there are more classes that can fulfill each of the roles as compared to GoD.  There are still just 3 tanks, but knights are very competent for group content (Rangers are real iffy w/o raid gear).  Druids/Shaman are much more viable as main healers in recent years, they might struggle some here but mercs are always an option as a secondary healer.  I've viewed pulling/cc as the same job for group content, an can be pulled by a multitude of skilled classes, monk/ranger/bard/enchanter/rogue/shadowknight all have tools that can get the job done. 

The hardest part of the expansion will be the initial jolt of actually having to use all the abilities each class is given.  It's not easy(in group gear) but everything I've seen is far from impossible.  Not every group named encounter will be a first(or third) time victory because of all their new tricks, and this may frustrate people, but the rewards will be worth it.

This

nedoirah

I made a list of the AA costs. If anything is wrong please let me know so I can update my online list.
Divine companion aura 9 aa
Mnemonic retention 3/6/6/6 aa
Group perfected lev 7 aa
Spell casting mastery 3/6/9 aa
Spell casting subtly 3/3/3 aa
Gift of mana 6/?/?
Gift of radiant mana 9 aa
Gift of exquisite radiant mana 9 aa
Gift of amazingly exquisite radiant mana 9 aa
Companions blessing 7/8/9 aa
Hastened companions blessing 3/6/9 aa
Attack of the warders 7/7/7 aa
Force of animus 6/6/6 aa
Bite of the asp 6 aa
Gorilla smash 6 aa
Raven's claw 6 aa
Bestial frenzy 5/5/5 aa
Paragon of spirit 12/12/12 aa
Focused paragon of spirit 6/6/6 aa
Prolific minion 3/6/9 aa (on hold)
Protection of the warder 6/6/6 aa
Tactical mastery 5/5/5 aa
Twinproc 7/7/7 aa
Combat agility/stability 6/7/8/9/10 aa
General sturdiness 6/6/6/6/6 aa
Burst of power 8/8/8 aa
Companions durability 3/3/3 aa
Weapon affinity 5 aa
Fury of magic 8/10/12 aa
Destructive fury 9/9/9 aa
Feral swipe 7 aa
Natures salve 6/6/6
Mystical attuning 5/5 aa
Mental stamina 5/5/5/5/5 aa
Persistent casting 6/6/6 aa
Hastened mass group buff 6/9/12 aa
Sturdy companion 7/7/7 aa

Nusa

There's missing stuff and wrong number of levels on a couple of them. Also 1st-level cost changes. This is all beta data, right? Easiest if you just look at the live data in-game, rather than me trying parse your totally unsorted list. I suggest maintaining the General/Arch/Class distinction and alpha sort on your next list.

nedoirah

Yes it is. As far as the alpha of the list, I will sort it out when I place the info on my web link.