Main Menu

Trying to decide where to go next

Started by Roland, November 18, 2009, 02:57:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roland

I have 1,740 AA now and trying to figure out which AA would be the next to finish off or start (& Finish) next.

I usually solo w/merc Healer and group some. Heven't been raiding but thinking about doing some when next expansion comes out.

I was thinking in order:
Roar of Thunder
Hastened Thunder
Enhanced Aggression - 1st ten levels
Hastened BA
Finish off Paragon
Hastened Paragon

Maybe add MGB it I decide to start raiding

Am I offbase on anythning??

thanks for the help!

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1428998

Khauruk

Just looking at your list alone, I'd move the Roar AAs to the end of it, and it get a whole lot better.  I'd put extended swarm before any of those though, for the boost to werewolf pet.

If you're looking to prepare yourself for raiding, in addition to above (and imo more important than roar and paragon):
Pet heal lines
Healing boost AAs
Group BA
last spell slot
MGB

With those set, no guild *should* look askance at your AAs imo.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Nusa

Agree on Extended Swarm...now that it works, it's very worthwhile.
Ditto on Mnemonic Retention. More spells you can mem at once, the better. I think next expansion adds even more here.
Buy the first level of Roar of Thunder...3aa is a good price. Put the rest of the line near the end of your list, as it costs more for diminishing returns.
Discordant Defiance for +50 resist caps. Do the six MPG group trials for another +50 resist cap if you haven't.
I've found Summon Companion quite useful...better than a clickie, and never have to wait for my pet to catch up anymore.
MGB is likely to be a requirement for a raiding guild, if you're headed that way.

Kanan

Not much to add, except further emphasis.. your AA, in general, are fine.

MGB will be something that a raiding guild will expect, albeit you may not get tons of use out of, as, more and more, mgb para is not as necessary.

The first 2 to get are definitely mnemonic retention & extended swarm.  Remember.. that pet's 3 or 400 dps (i'm lazy atm, so don't wanna dig to find what I'd seen it really get to), so those extra few secs do put out a good amount of dmg.

The Mend Companion is one I recommend, as it's bout the only heal I really use on the pet during raids.  You can also get some fun commentary outa folks when you do a 35k+ pet LoH ;p (even though the pet's got far fewer hps than that)

Hastened BA's a good one to get on up there.. puts it in same timer basically as EF, and I've found them almost always back up for when I want them nowadays for raid content.

I'm seeing 2 more buff slots in some UIs that are calling themselves UF compliant, so that will be a very nice tool if that's how many we end up getting (really wish I coulda made beta this year =/)
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Khauruk

Yes, it was announced a while ago that there'd be 12 spell gems w/ UF.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Nusa

Speaking of which, given that the expansion is only a few weeks away, it would be a good plan to have 30 AA's unspent when it launches.

There's likely a few new AA's that will jump to the top of your list.

Kanan

I started my banking last night (finally decided to finish off Persistent Casting ;p)

The HoS evil side aug quest will prolly be a solid 30AA /cackle
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar