Main Menu

Frozen Venom

Started by Razimir, December 10, 2009, 10:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hzath

[Mon Dec 14 20:44:34 2009] You twincast Frozen Venom.

I kept asking about this and finally checked my logs.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Catnip_Inny

you were with an echanter that had twincast aura going? (i think chanters get that at least lol)

Blarp

firnedly pet s in UQ forget where this is our new growl/yowl combo spell.. ROCKS btw is in a T* zone forget witch.

Azire

Quote from: Blarp on December 17, 2009, 08:02:30 PM
firnedly pet s in UQ forget where this is our new growl/yowl combo spell.. ROCKS btw is in a T* zone forget witch.

What did you just say?

Razimir

Quote from: Blarp on December 17, 2009, 08:02:30 PM

Have you actually seen it proc ever?

-Raz

Khauruk

Friendly Pet had a stupid-low proc rate in beta when I looked at it.  Rytan made it sound like it would be getting some love, but I'm sure he'll need to be pressed for that to happen.

It's not the growl/yowl one either, for that matter.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Blarp

It only Proc's when the warder has taken hits or AE's

shagsterklue

i got rk1 for completing arthicrex prog task or could be cause i get t8 flag just notice it in inventory after completing arth prog task whcih was my last tier 6/7 prog task so.

rhaug

got frozen venom rk2 from PG  zone from random trash, oozes and golems we did

was a few hours grinding there for it, dropped at the end of the group
its 2 small nukes in 1 spell a poison and cold nuke.
can crit on both
stacks with other nukes, small recast timer
just had to manage some new cast order to avoid aggro

got scs 3/3 now

think this is the best thing that uf brings us to get extra dps

Azire

I haven't raided since UF was released, can anyone say how this spell does on burns?
I looted the decrease hate aggro aug and put it in my burn set up. I am curious to see how this will work out.

Kanan

umm.. it depends?

Had mixed returns in Tower farming last night.

On mindblight, i was able to not stop casting, pretty much from the word go.  Had chanter lubbins this group.

On the trophy room, on the lightning trophy and the kyv trophy, i snatched agro pretty heavily (barely managed to get off agro on the kyv and died on the lightning warrior).  Had brd/shm this group.

For stasis, I was being tentative on usage of it until we got to the curator, but he'd been OT'd for a while.  I did snatch and hold agro until I got ported to a chamber from it... then again, monk and ranger spent a while tanking too due to tank portage.

For the scrying, I behaved like MB and unloaded on the all of them.  The 2nd through 4th, it was, obviously no concern, as those tanks spent progressively more time agroing them.  On the first one, agro wasn't able to be built up as effectively, but was held.

For the goat (event 6), again, they'd spent a bit OTing, so agro was no issue for me.  Had brief agro issues on the invuln guy, but /shrug.. i had that occasionally before, so meh.

No real agro issues on Brekt, but we're silenced so much, it's not as much an issue anyways.

The differences on the situations where I had agro issues and where I didn't: IMO, the tank.

It basically depends upon what your tank's doing to generate the agro.  I cannot comment upon what the tanks were doing differently.  I may have to start asking to find out though, since riding this new, much finer line is going to be interesting, and fun to figger out ;p

And yeah, especially after getting the brd/shm group, i was near top of all the parses that night /grin

I lurve this new spell.

Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

nedoirah

I have been playing with frozen venom rk II while boxing my shaman. When I first got the spell my shaman was 78 and had a t5 merc tank. I used to have to "burn" my spells (I'm lazy) to keep agro from the merc tank. (every merc tank I've dealt with seems to have stupid agro despite being on "assist" ) However I can cast this spell twice in a fight and never lose agro to the merc.

wildwaters

Quote from: Azire on January 04, 2010, 01:51:37 PM
I haven't raided since UF was released, can anyone say how this spell does on burns?
I looted the decrease hate aggro aug and put it in my burn set up. I am curious to see how this will work out.

Don't Fing use it on trash on raids. especially not the UF ant raid. Lol.

Blarp

FV= Blarp getting yelled at on raids. i steal agro even without useing this kinda sucks as i cant really unload 100% of wht i got, i still parse good for what i have( on tower weapon) been very unlucky in tower for  weapons. but i could do alot better if tanks could hold agro. we eed a way to Dump all ahte. and or use  a jolying kick.

kharthai

It really depends on the tank.  I can get away with spamming it a lot of the time (though I have been owned in the face a few times too). 

Basically need the SCS ranks to use it much though, which is kinda a bummer.