Main Menu

Haergen's Feralgia

Started by zaax, December 26, 2009, 12:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaax

I received this spell from doing a progression task in T8.  I believe it was the Shining City task, The Silent Schism.  But, not completely sure because I found it in my bags later and missed the text from which task it initially came.  I mem'ed it into my spell book.  But, when I went to mem it on my spell bar, it is no where to be found!  I see it is supposed to be under Utility Beneficial, but it is not!  There is a red border around the spell in my spell book.  Anyone have any more information on this or how I might used this spell and where it is??

Haergen's Feralgia 
Buffs pet AC to a greater extent the closer it is to the caster; buffs melee speed to a greater extent the further away it is.    
Utility Beneficial

Any information would be appreciated.

Zaax

nedoirah

During it was summoning pets like our yowl at the moon line and buffing us and pet with growl line of spells. I don't know if it what changed.

Hzath

QuoteDuring [beta] it was summoning pets like our yowl at the moon line and buffing us and pet with growl line of spells. I don't know if it what changed.

Yes it still does this, and shares a timer with yowl.

Yes, Kernagir The Shining City is the mission which unlocked Rk. I.

Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

zaax

My question is not, "What does this spell do?" or "Where does this spell come from?"....my question is, "Is anyone else having trouble mem'ing this spell onto their spell bar so they can actually cast it?"  Or is it just a bug I am personally experiencing?

If you have this spell, your input would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Inphared

Bards have a similar problem with one of their new spells. It's not just this spell, and I'm sure some developer is aware of the problems. For now, you have to just click it from your spell book and then click it into an empty spell gem.

zaax

Thanks, Imphared!  I had to be reminded of how to do it the "old fashioned" way.   :-P

Orbus1

One thing I have noticed is that Yowl and Feralgia are on slightly different timers (or I have something shortening Yowl) but Yowl spell gem refreshes before Feralgia by a few seconds so I can have Yowl pets up just before the other ones fade.

nedoirah

Orbus1

Why would that matter? Pet ext aa would affect either pet the same wouldn't it? I am talking about the actual spell gems refreshing at different rates.

Kanan

Now I actually do have a question about how it works: it is intended to replace yowl for us and give us an add'l buff at the same time?
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

kharthai

It's more of a replacement for Growl if anything, you'll still want to cast Yowl most of the time, as Haergen's Growl will last for over a minute and no point wasting mana while it's still up.  Also no point casting it while EF/BA/GBA are up.

nedoirah

Quote from: Orbus1 on January 04, 2010, 03:10:22 AM
Why would that matter? Pet ext aa would affect either pet the same wouldn't it? I am talking about the actual spell gems refreshing at different rates.

I was just eliminating that. Ok now I can tell that maybe the spell refresh timers are actually off. I think it has to do with the fact that yowl actually goes into a refresh timer while HF is being cast. The refresh timer for HF begins once the spell finishes casting. That can explain the overlap for yowl and HF.

Orbus1

Good point, that would make sense.

The only thing I have found that I don't like is that it is dependent on our warder being up. If our warder dies you can't cast the spell because of the growl portion of it, just like any other growl. Like Kharthai said you need to keep Yowl and Feralgia up in case that happens, good thing we got new spell gem slots.

Kanan

/nod.. i'll admit.. i've not been using all of them as much, especially after getting frozen venom as a wonderful mana dump.  But i've gotta get into the zones to get that spell too ><
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

nedoirah

They changed the mana cost of frozen venom so now it's more mana efficient. 700-something mana per cast isn't bad compared to the 1400-something it was previously.