Main Menu

What kind of xp should I be expecting? Equipment goals? And other questions.

Started by Old Keg, February 02, 2010, 09:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbyssalMage

Will try to answer stuff that hasn't been answered..."try" is the key word.

Gear....Grab all Elaborate Defiant, best you can get for your level and leather is extremely cheap on any server I have ever played on.  Start buying the SoF non-visible slot items...they have the heroic stats on them and thier required level 65/Recemended 75.  Grab one piece with a slot 3 if you can find it cheap enouph.  The neck piece usually sells the cheapest.  Ring and Ear are usually the most costly because the Named NPC who drops them is a huge overcon for his level and the PH'ers are nice undercons as well.  Life isn't fair so thats why the cost is higher on those 2 items.  Get some crafted capartmented trio jewlery to tide you over.  Shoulder, Back, and Belt can all be gotten from the Hot Zone guy for doing his tasks until you can get the SoF stuff with heroic stats.  The belt has haste, shoulder has detrimental preservation, and back has extend enchantment.  They have standarized focus on gear now...lame but makes it easy for them to cut and paste at Sony.

XP/Hour...By time you read this the hotzones will probally change but Greg's End is/was the place to be for AA xp.  Not sure where it will be after 2/10 assuming they change the hotzones.  Will update if they do change the hotzones...If not, you wont find anything better for AA xp except mabye Howling Stones.  Like someone said...too many variebles but a good % per kill is between 8%-12% per kill with average to below average gear.

Cash intake....Acrylia is good to farm (Acrylia Caverns) but now days unless your going to use, just sell to vendors.  SoF and newer zones offer prettry good cash returns as well but the mobs also have more hp's and ac

Augments...Use Allakhazam (probally spelled wrong as usual for me) and on the right side they have a link for hotzones...look up the old hotzones and you will see what Aug's dropped where...AC/HP AC/HP/Mana, and HP/Mana augs are the best ones...I would skip any zone with pure AC , Mana, or AC/Mana but thats my personal preference.  Also, there is a slot 3 augment from EF LDON with Dodge(?) that you will want to get.  2 merc's (Tank/Cleric) and you + another can own the zones while collecting tribute items and cash so you can buy your aug from that camp.

Power Sources...They effect your stats on any weapon/armour that is Infusable(?)...Basically any new armour sense The Barried Sea.  Still don't have one but they can now be crafted by players so check your bazaar if you think you really need one.  Just check the requirements.  Some need Raids to use.

Tribute...I mentioned it earlier, you will find a Tribute Master in your home city.  Just remember Tribute is like "wearing" it.  So unless its something that stacks no matter what, make sure your not already wearing better or at the cap.  Most people here have haste(until they have a better item they are wearing), Double Attack, Heroic STR/DEX/AGI, and a few use the one that boosts AC.  Good places to farm tribute items are most Kunark, Luclin, and LDoN named drops.  Some are worth upto 20k an item!

Yes, the Flowing Thought cap is 15 unless you purchase AA's

Think thats everything...If I missed something hopefully some one can add...
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Old Keg

Quote from: AbyssalMage on February 10, 2010, 03:11:05 AM
Will try to answer stuff that hasn't been answered..."try" is the key word.

Gear....Grab all Elaborate Defiant, best you can get for your level and leather is extremely cheap on any server I have ever played on.

Yeah, haven't seen anything more than 3k.  Wearing half and half intricate and elaborate right now.

Start buying the SoF non-visible slot items...they have the heroic stats on them and thier required level 65/Recemended 75.  Grab one piece with a slot 3 if you can find it cheap enouph.  The neck piece usually sells the cheapest.  Ring and Ear are usually the most costly because the Named NPC who drops them is a huge overcon for his level and the PH'ers are nice undercons as well.  Life isn't fair so thats why the cost is higher on those 2 items.
(I'm 62. :( )
SoF?  Secrets of Faydwer?  What are the heroic stats?  Why is slot 3 important?

On that note, how the hell do you insert augmentations?  I forgot. :(  I've had 3 or 4 drop that are sitting in my inventory.

Get some crafted capartmented trio jewlery to tide you over.

Link?  What should I be aiming for after that?

Shoulder, Back, and Belt can all be gotten from the Hot Zone guy for doing his tasks until you can get the SoF stuff with heroic stats.  The belt has haste, shoulder has detrimental preservation, and back has extend enchantment.  They have standarized focus on gear now...lame but makes it easy for them to cut and paste at Sony.

Huh, I didn't notice the haste on the belt, but so it does have it.  I ended up buying a Shroud of Misguided Science, so I could shelve the epic 1.0's for a pair of Elaborate Defiant Quickclaws.  Next up is a Velium Encrusted Claw, I think.

XP/Hour...By time you read this the hotzones will probally change but Greg's End is/was the place to be for AA xp.  Not sure where it will be after 2/10 assuming they change the hotzones.  Will update if they do change the hotzones...If not, you wont find anything better for AA xp except mabye Howling Stones.  Like someone said...too many variebles but a good % per kill is between 8%-12% per kill with average to below average gear.

I've noticed about that range, yeah.  Although I seem to be getting at least equal, and probably a bit better experience on the first isle in blackfeather roost than grieg's end, actually.  Though the named/unusual mobs are a bit of a pain, I whip out the cleric merc for those.  A bit tired of Grieg's End, so I'm exploring a bit right now.  Plus, I'm naively hoping me and the cleric merc can manage to get me the enchanted harpy blade(and maybe one for my mage alt, too!).

Cash intake....Acrylia is good to farm (Acrylia Caverns) but now days unless your going to use, just sell to vendors.  SoF and newer zones offer prettry good cash returns as well but the mobs also have more hp's and ac

Yeah, figured as much when I didn't see any acrylia in the bazaar.

Augments...Use Allakhazam (probally spelled wrong as usual for me) and on the right side they have a link for hotzones...look up the old hotzones and you will see what Aug's dropped where...AC/HP AC/HP/Mana, and HP/Mana augs are the best ones...I would skip any zone with pure AC , Mana, or AC/Mana but thats my personal preference.  Also, there is a slot 3 augment from EF LDON with Dodge(?) that you will want to get.  2 merc's (Tank/Cleric) and you + another can own the zones while collecting tribute items and cash so you can buy your aug from that camp.

I do need augments pretty much everywhere, so thank you for that hint.

Do people even still do LDoN?  I heard a rumor about a 2nd merc slot in general chat last night.  Any truth to that?  Given current gear, that could allow people to do LDoN comfortably with three, which would be nice for the augments.  Or are there better/easier to get weapon augments now?

Power Sources...They effect your stats on any weapon/armour that is Infusable(?)...Basically any new armour sense The Barried Sea.  Still don't have one but they can now be crafted by players so check your bazaar if you think you really need one.  Just check the requirements.  Some need Raids to use.

Is infusable armor easily identified?  And do you just get a power source, and the armor automatically has better stats?

Tribute...I mentioned it earlier, you will find a Tribute Master in your home city.  Just remember Tribute is like "wearing" it.  So unless its something that stacks no matter what, make sure your not already wearing better or at the cap.  Most people here have haste(until they have a better item they are wearing), Double Attack, Heroic STR/DEX/AGI, and a few use the one that boosts AC.  Good places to farm tribute items are most Kunark, Luclin, and LDoN named drops.  Some are worth upto 20k an item!

Hmm, I'll have to check that out.

Yes, the Flowing Thought cap is 15 unless you purchase AA's

Ah.  Maybe someday I'll get around to them.  Is there a hp regen cap?  I gather so, but what is it?  Already maxed out FT, and probably HP too.

Think thats everything...If I missed something hopefully some one can add...

Thanks for all the info, both you and everybody.

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Old Keg on February 10, 2010, 07:51:16 PM
(I'm 62. :( )
SoF?  Secrets of Faydwer?  What are the heroic stats?  Why is slot 3 important?
On that note, how the hell do you insert augmentations?  I forgot. :(  I've had 3 or 4 drop that are sitting in my inventory.
Yes, Secrets of Faydwer.  Heroic stats boost your stats above max.  They also have their own damage table and such (str), increased flowing thought (int/wis), avoidance (agi), weapon proc's/crit (dex), regen/HP (STA), and charm/lull working for duration.  Not sure how munch you need in each before you will see a difference but its beneficial so and I may be off on some of the benefits each gives...Slot 3 is important for the grouper because it allows you to use the LDoN aug from Everfrost.  You can also unlock slot 3 aug's in SoF and newer zones that will focus one spell better than the standard focus on your gear.  I wouldn't worry about the other slot 3 aug's until your 85 because there a PITA to faction for.

To insert augments....You need a "bird bath."  You can find them in every LDoN camp, Guild Lobby, Guild Hall, Bazaar, and Staring City(Not positive on every city).  Also there may be one in Lavastorm Mountains in the "nuetral" camp but not sure on that one either.

Link?  What should I be aiming for after that?
http://www.kyros.info/Tradeskills/JC-Calc/
His site also has lots of other great information btw.  You can mix and match to see what you can wear  :-D  Most people though wear emerald, opal, and Taaf (or Shimmering I think it is) for the best combination of AC/HP/Mana.  I would wear that until you can get the jewlery with heroic stats.  Rule of thumb is to wear a metal closest to your level.  You'll see why if you experiment with the metal and your level.

I've noticed about that range, yeah.  Although I seem to be getting at least equal, and probably a bit better experience on the first isle in blackfeather roost than grieg's end, actually.  Though the named/unusual mobs are a bit of a pain, I whip out the cleric merc for those.  A bit tired of Grieg's End, so I'm exploring a bit right now.  Plus, I'm naively hoping me and the cleric merc can manage to get me the enchanted harpy blade(and maybe one for my mage alt, too!).
You can get the harpy blade in TBS also or something similiar with that focus.  And its munch easier but may require assistance to kill the named.  Another level 60 zone you can try is Stepps right at the zone line.  Just avoid the goblin's unless you think you can handle them.

Do people even still do LDoN?  I heard a rumor about a 2nd merc slot in general chat last night.  Any truth to that?  Given current gear, that could allow people to do LDoN comfortably with three, which would be nice for the augments.  Or are there better/easier to get weapon augments now?
The only LDoN's people do are the Everfrost one for the Slot 3 Aug or to farm tribute(any).  Usually they box them (2 accounts w/ 1-2 merc's or they find someone going afk in the bazaar/GL for the 3rd slot).  The best place to get weapon augments are Dragon of Norrath ones, you can buy the currency in the bazaar (Ebon or Radiant Crystals) although they tend to be pricey.  Sometimes you can find people looking for people to join them while they slaughter them for crystals but at 62 I would think your too low level  :-(

QuoteIs infusable armor easily identified?  And do you just get a power source, and the armor automatically has better stats?
Yes, it will have a Purity: 50 or similiar.  If you see "Purity" a powersource will effect it.  You must equip it for the stats to take effect and as the name implies, it will lose power over time (but not stats until it reaches 0 from my understanding).

Ah.  Maybe someday I'll get around to them.  Is there a hp regen cap?  I gather so, but what is it?  Already maxed out FT, and probably HP too.
40 ('till 65) I believe before AA's.  Not sure about after 65.

Also...
I mentioned the SoF jewlery and stuff because if your looking for stuff off and on, your more likely to discover when someone is offering a "good" deal.  I've seen the ring and ear average in the bazaar for 15-20k but occasionally it will sell for 5k or less.  So even though you can't wear it now, you know you'll need it in the future and its always nice having the gear in the bank when your ready to grind to 65.
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

Old Keg

Quote from: AbyssalMage on February 12, 2010, 12:20:01 AM
You can get the harpy blade in TBS also or something similiar with that focus.  And its munch easier but may require assistance to kill the named.  Another level 60 zone you can try is Stepps right at the zone line.  Just avoid the goblin's unless you think you can handle them.

What's TBS?

QuoteYes, it will have a Purity: 50 or similiar.  If you see "Purity" a powersource will effect it.  You must equip it for the stats to take effect and as the name implies, it will lose power over time (but not stats until it reaches 0 from my understanding).

The power source decays or the armor does?

Thanks for responding to everything.  The jewelry link is especially helpful.

Byratan

TBS = The Buried Sea

Power Source (like a battery) does not degrade but does run out of juice.  It lasts for a certain about of time and every timie you fight mobs it runs down a bit...but untilo it does it pumps up your (visible) armor, different types gives different values (positive and negative) for the stats, resistances, AC, HP, mana and endurance...

Old Keg

Quote from: Khauruk on February 03, 2010, 11:50:52 PM
Can anybody confirm the effect of pet focus on a lvl61 or lower pet?  LDoN didn't come out until lvl65, so pre-65 pets may not have been re-made for it (I didn't have BST back then).  I don't have time to go hunting through old posts atm to find the answer....

Quote from: Grbage on February 04, 2010, 03:33:07 PM
Last time I checked MoD still didn't work for bst and I highly doubt the devs went back to change it this late in the game. After all that's quite a few pets they have to create and balance for an old focus that is no longer supported.

There is no max hit increase on MoD; just picked up an enchanted harpy blade last night and tested it.  Not going to bother testing anything else.