Main Menu

UF Part 2 AA Imput

Started by Tadenea, February 16, 2010, 08:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bumkus

Quote from: Blarp on February 17, 2010, 09:08:32 PM
Focus of A(what ever)needs to be Tuned, i have MORE resisted with this maxed then B4 i had
I did not see any appreciable difference in rank 2 and 3 of Focus of Animus in beta.  I have not gone back to recheck, but It would be good to confirm that this code is working right.

At same time, I like to see if twin proc is working right.  I have rnk III and got like 8 twin cast procs in 40 minute lesson burn last night.

I did buy them when costs for ranks were 6/3/12, so maybe I bought a bugged rank.

Tadenea

Quote from: Bumkus on February 17, 2010, 09:13:20 PM
Quote from: Tadenea on February 17, 2010, 04:33:56 PM
Most of those already on List, Remember when you fade your pet does not fade so next hit pet does puts you right back on argo list (Found that out when I used some swarm pets and faded before they were gone and got right back on argo) I will put on list for can or can not kill warder

FD/Fade could have pet /back off and put pet on /Hold before wiping its aggro.

I can see how swarm pets would transfer aggro back to you, but wouldn't monks and bards run into the same situation if they have proc pets from weapons when they do an FD or Fade?  How do they get around that in code.  For that matter, how do Necs get around aggro issues when they FD with DoTs running.

They FD only to clear current argo up to the point that point, they normally stand right after FDing

Quote from: Blarp on February 17, 2010, 09:08:32 PM

maybe a Flying jolting kick..  more from monk roots but with the Deagro add'ed into it, thus we could get flying kick mods as well.( i know we got jolting kick and stuff here all ready)

Already Added (New #14)
SoE Community Leader
Ranger of Test Server

Camikazi

Quote from: Bumkus on February 17, 2010, 09:13:20 PM
Quote from: Tadenea on February 17, 2010, 04:33:56 PM
Most of those already on List, Remember when you fade your pet does not fade so next hit pet does puts you right back on argo list (Found that out when I used some swarm pets and faded before they were gone and got right back on argo) I will put on list for can or can not kill warder

FD/Fade could have pet /back off and put pet on /Hold before wiping its aggro.

I can see how swarm pets would transfer aggro back to you, but wouldn't monks and bards run into the same situation if they have proc pets from weapons when they do an FD or Fade?  How do they get around that in code.  For that matter, how do Necs get around aggro issues when they FD with DoTs running.

Successful FD makes it seem like you are not there, no DoTs or pets already on mob will register as your aggro while you are down, and a bard with a pet still up will just refade till aggro is dropped, there is nothing in code to get around that, their ability to FD or fade again is just alot faster then most everyone elses escape mechanism.

Hzath

Quickened paragon and focused paragon have been mentioned, I second both of these.

I still want my self only version of focused paragon that doesn't change my target, that shares a recast with the focused version.

It's been mentioned somewhat, but I'll repeat it again for emphasis.  Focused paragon NEEDS a boost, in some way.  Straight +hp/mana added, critical ticks, a "promised" hp/mana boost at the end, the mechanism doesn't really matter - it needs a boost badly.

Stalwart paragon.  Single target endurance regen only paragon.  I think it's time.

Hastened Bite - 3 ranks each rank lowers recast of our "bite" line of poison nukes by 4 seconds (down to 18 second refresh total)

Frenzied burnout

We need some sort of "spell disc"(s).  If you don't have 7th year or aren't near max AA for glyphs we have no way to boost this form of our dps - which I believe is the majority of beastlords.  Hopefully we can get some form of +spell crit chance, and also +spell crit damage mod.

IDEALLY - Third spire that sucks gets turned into a version of wizard second spire, just a massive +spell crit damage mod.  Then all 3 of our spires increase the 3 types of dps we put out and we could use them situationally.

I see that as unlikely, but at burn time those without 7th/glyphs are really only able to increase the melee portion of their dps, pets and spells unmodified and that's why beasts get annihilated on short burns.

Additional GBA upgrades would be welcome, it seems that the damage mod will remain unchanged how about the possibility of further ranks adding new mods +melee crit chance, overcap str, etc.

Put in a word to go ahead and double warder melee dps at any time, that would be a good start but they could use even more.  Seriously, it's not an AA but it needs looked at.

Imbue Ferocity is too cool to not ask for.

It's been mentioned, but...JOLTJOLTJOLTJOLTJOLTJOLTJOLTJOLTJOLT.  Any kind, and lots of -hate.

EDIT:

Forgot two things.  Quickened Yowl at the moon, .5s cast time like our nukes please.

Quickened Sha's Legacy, .5 cast time also.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Tadenea

I will remind you this is not a spell/disc post

I will put down Endurance on Paragon
was shot down in UF Part 1 Beta, so no promises

please look at list before thinking of stuff to add, getting alot of repeats
SoE Community Leader
Ranger of Test Server

Hzath

"spell disc" was referring to a wizard second spire and frenzied devastation types of AAs that we need to help modify our spell damage
frenzied burnout is a mage AA
GBA is already an AA, asking for new mods on higher ranks since they won't increase the damage mod doesn't seem like a spell

Sorry for listing a few things twice.

Quickened paragon and focused still aren't on the list, listed twice now.
Some sort of boon to focused paragon has also been listed twice, I don't see that either.

The others I reiterated because it is frustrating knowing this list is unordered and that Elidroth will see it and think "Well they don't get jolts, but they'll be just as happy with innate corruption resist"
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Blarp

that's using the word "happy" very loosely!

rhaug

an aa that gives us a spellbuff that procs pets like the fabled pets

warders vengeance

pet twinproc aa

dps disc on seperate timer of current ones
increase dmg 50 procent / crits 100 procent

Tadenea

Quote from: Hzath on February 18, 2010, 07:45:32 PM
"spell disc" was referring to a wizard second spire and frenzied devastation types of AAs that we need to help modify our spell damage
frenzied burnout is a mage AA
GBA is already an AA, asking for new mods on higher ranks since they won't increase the damage mod doesn't seem like a spell

Sorry for listing a few things twice.

Some sort of boon to focused paragon has also been listed twice, I don't see that either.

The others I reiterated because it is frustrating knowing this list is unordered and that Elidroth will see it and think "Well they don't get jolts, but they'll be just as happy with innate corruption resist"

AAs that we need to help modify our spell damage
So more Ranks of Destruction Fury, check
burnout Frenzy
so you want a AA similiar, check
its been listed awhile already (#2 on Increase in Ranks of)
I have Endurance Regen Paragon (New #22) don't understand how you want Boon
SoE Community Leader
Ranger of Test Server

Tadenea

an aa that gives us a spellbuff that procs pets like the fabled pets
Will not happen

warders vengeance
confused on this

pet twinproc aa
Added

dps disc on seperate timer of current ones
increase dmg 50 procent / crits 100 procent
Sorry this is not a spell/disc post
SoE Community Leader
Ranger of Test Server

Sikkem

A group Celerity (haste) AA.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

gregais

Quote from: Tadenea on February 19, 2010, 05:06:04 AM
Quote from: Hzath on February 18, 2010, 07:45:32 PM

burnout Frenzy

Think Hzath was thinking an activated short term mod, not Destruction Fury. I could be wrong, its happened before.

Hzath

Edit: What Gregais said.  Something like Frenzied devastation and wiz second spire as examples.

its been listed awhile already (#2 on Increase in Ranks of)

Quickened and hastened are different.  We would like the cast time shortened also.  We don't have any quickened yet.

I have Endurance Regen Paragon (New #22) don't understand how you want Boon

There was a big discussion in the other thread with lots of ideas I'm not going to repeat again.  My first post cited things like critical ticks, a "promised" type effect when paragon fades, or boring old increased ranks with more power.  It needs more mana regeneration.

Endurance paragon I'd like to be a separate idea from focused paragon

Hamtarro

Copy/Pasted from the other thread.

Empowered Paragon(or Focused) of Spirits

(Three Ranks) __(adjective here)__ Focused Paragon of Spirits: This ability provides a passive (30% would be my initial hope, whatever the devs think though) chance for your Focused Paragon to heal and additional (X HP/MANA per rank) upon fading.

Ideally I would think the numbers would work out to a 30% chance to cast a promised heal that does 50% of whatever the current total is (using #s, not %s, since the devs hate %s). That would work out to a 15% buff to paragon on average, but the cool thing to me is that whenever someone does get the proc they will actually get a huge benefit (but only 30% of the time).

**I think asking for a straight HP/Mana upgrade to those lines is a good idea, but I just don't see us ever getting the kind of upgrade we all know it needs. The developers will simply worry that it will be overpowering.

**I don't know about you guys, but I would absolutely LOVE if our self-only Beastial Alignment got split into illusion component//buff. This is the ONLY thing stopping me from being able to illusion into some other form during raids, because if I use say my Iksar mask or AoN then BA won't go off.
Hamtarro Baconator
<Grey Horizon>
Tunare Server

Zunar

Nice ideas so far imo. Here's something I came up with.

Warders protection - passive
Innate chance for the warder to take damage for the beastlord.

Shield Block (even rogues have this)
useful for the time you have unwanted agro..bandolier swap a shield on, to up the mitigation until agro gets pulled of us.
I lived through many times this way when protection disc was down.