Mazame

thanks for the heads up will see if the changes will make it worth using or not

Razimir

Quote from: Tadenea on March 01, 2010, 07:38:04 PM
I got permission to pass this along
They finally figured out that Contact Innates can't use ToT targetting
so in till they do some Code Changes, Rytan will just make it a Pet Proc Heal

Just a Heads up

So they will make it pet self heal proc?

We have already following heals for pet:
-healing over time (never use)
-delayed heal (never use)
-direct heal with cure (using rarely)
-over time healing AA (using very rarely)
-instant healing AA (using rarely, usually followed by direct heal)...

I don't think we need another pet heal. Only time our pet takes massive damage is when not calling off it during enrage, so it rarely neads healing. And if it takes damage from enrage, it needs more healing than some proc.

I rather see the spell turned into pet mezz proc. Many classes got already mez type spell/aa/skill, so why not pet proc? It wouldn't be any game breaker but could give bsts a bit more tools in group game.

Thanks for info though.

-Raz

Brane

Quote from: Razimir on March 02, 2010, 09:02:30 AM
Quote from: Tadenea on March 01, 2010, 07:38:04 PM
I got permission to pass this along
They finally figured out that Contact Innates can't use ToT targetting
so in till they do some Code Changes, Rytan will just make it a Pet Proc Heal

Just a Heads up

So they will make it pet self heal proc?

We have already following heals for pet:
-healing over time (never use)
-delayed heal (never use)
-direct heal with cure (using rarely)
-over time healing AA (using very rarely)
-instant healing AA (using rarely, usually followed by direct heal)...

I don't think we need another pet heal. Only time our pet takes massive damage is when not calling off it during enrage, so it rarely neads healing. And if it takes damage from enrage, it needs more healing than some proc.

I rather see the spell turned into pet mezz proc. Many classes got already mez type spell/aa/skill, so why not pet proc? It wouldn't be any game breaker but could give bsts a bit more tools in group game.

Thanks for info though.

-Raz

It is a temporary solution, read the full post. You want a temporary pet mezz?

Blarp

thats right i am sure its a temp fix... morwe bandaids... but they never pull them off!!!!!! so woot a pet worthless heal!!!! we allways get shafted

Tadenea

When they fix the coding required Friendly Pet should have your pet proc a heal spell on your NPC's target, so in a raid it will proc a heal onto your Main Tank
SoE Community Leader
Ranger of Test Server

Umlat

Friendly Pet needs -

a) A name change - The name is well ... inappropriate IMO. It has a somewhat "cutesy" sound to it. Warders are predators, not cuddly, anthropomorphized animals that sell soft drinks. "Friendly Pet" brings the ghastly image of an ogre beastlord skipping through the woods with a care bear in tow to mind. Benison of the Khati Sha. Warder's Boon. Something a little more dignified than Friendly Pet.

b) to be both useful and useable - this means no charges for offensive procs. No charges for run of the mill defensive procs either. The last thing beastlords need is more short duration spells/AAs. Conflicts with existing things like hobble of spirit, etc. need to be avoided as well.

Offensive proc - If it is to proc off of a warder's attacks then I would prefer to see Friendly Pet (or whatever name gets changed to) changed to work something like the Sympathetic Soothing effects introduced in UF. Basically, any time a pet uses a damage proc, there is a % chance that Friendly Pet procs. As to the effect, it should be a group heal for around 250/300/325hp for rk. I/II/III. Eliminate the restriction of charges and give it a duration equal to that of our DD/stun line (Spirit of Vaxztn, etc.). End result is something like the Hand of Holy Vengeance proc effect.

Defensive proc - If it is going to be a defensive proc for the benefit of the warder, it needs to be worth using. The amount healed currently is pretty anemic. Give it 3 (or more) charges, sure. But when triggered, this defensive proc should cast a Bulwark of Darkhammer (the unused upgrade to Bulwark of Tri'Qaras from SoD) and a Minax's Mending of the appropriate rank on the warder. The 6 hit rune effect will provide some time for the HoT effect to begin working, with the mending at the end of the HoT adding a solid heal. The extra damage from Darkhammer would be nice, since warder is probably off-tanking/engaging its own target and not simply assisting. A name change will be needed for this version, Kernagir's Warding maybe?

Another option would be a Pet (or Pet and self) version of the shaman spell, Listlessness.

A heal proc with limited charges that has stacking issues with hobble and pet slow proc will just end up taking up space in the spell book for most beastlords. Since it will probably be the first rk iii spell we get, it will be a waste of a rune drop as well.

kharthai

I agree the name is kind of cutesy.

I don't necessarily have a problem with charges (at least, once the code is fixed.. but who knows when that will be, really), but it does seem weak with the heal amount being what it is, and it sucks that it ignores all the AA's we've piled into healing, too.  I'd much rather it have a higher mana cost and a better heal.

The group heal idea sounds neat for AE fights, especially if it had a decent duration and didn't require constant upkeep.

I'd also go for a group deaggro proc (preferably not charge based), something most dps groups wouldn't mind.

Not real big on the idea of a defensive proc, just because we have so many tools available there already, and we have to be in melee range to be effective in most cases.

Hzath

Can I vote for not wasting beastlord dev time on a spell we don't really want and probably won't end up being used most of the time anyway?

Sympathetic with no hit counter that stacks with all other procs = yes
Tott heal with # charge limit that has stacking issues with current procs = no
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Sikkem

Quote from: Blarp on March 02, 2010, 03:09:52 PM
thats right i am sure its a temp fix... morwe bandaids... but they never pull them off!!!!!! so woot a pet worthless heal!!!! we allways get shafted

I have been away from the game for a bit but have they managed to fix the steeltrap jaws lline yet or has that still got bandaids on it ?

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Razimir

Quote from: Brane on March 02, 2010, 02:07:53 PM
It is a temporary solution, read the full post. You want a temporary pet mezz?

Yes, rather than temporary pet self heal proc.

Group heal procing pet would be decent. I bit like necro new grp heal, I like the idea.

-Raz

-Raz

Grbage

Quote from: Sikkem on March 02, 2010, 08:22:19 PM

I have been away from the game for a bit but have they managed to fix the steeltrap jaws lline yet or has that still got bandaids on it ?

Nothing but bandaids on that baby.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

jitathab

You didnt mention the bit about being on the same proc counter as steeltrap jaws line. So the super duper UF spells, are worse than the TSS spell now.

Sikkem

Quote from: Grbage on March 02, 2010, 09:49:27 PM
Quote from: Sikkem on March 02, 2010, 08:22:19 PM

Nothing but bandaids on that baby.

So Tadenea could you possibly mention we would like a bandaid we would actually use for some time as their track record for fixing things once a bandaids is applied isn't to good.  The group heal idea seems to have a its uses at all levels, most that have posted seem happy with the idea and it is still kind of in line with what the finished product should have been.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox