Main Menu

ToT Focused Paragon

Started by Umlat, March 22, 2010, 05:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Umlat

Was thinking about whether a Target of Target version of Focused Paragon of Spirits would be worth asking for or not. Something along the lines of a 6 or 9 point AA that gives you a hotkey that casts FPoS (same hp/mana regen rate as current FPoS, whatever it happens to be, same timer as well) on ToT, instead of the regular targeted version.

Soloing, it will let you FPoS yourself without having to retarget in the middle of combat most of the time. Grouping/Raiding it lets you hit the current tank/person being hit with FPoS without the need for all the retargeting steps.

If coding restrictions mean ToT version would need its own line instead of just a simple one time purchase, would it be best to get a separate timer for the ToT version, or simply make it a constant 1 or 2 AA cost per rank, with the caveat that ToTPoS rank X would need FPoS rank X as a prerequisite?

Opinions?

kharthai

Quote from: Umlat on March 22, 2010, 05:23:12 PM
Soloing, it will let you FPoS yourself without having to retarget in the middle of combat most of the time. Grouping/Raiding it lets you hit the current tank/person being hit with FPoS without the need for all the retargeting steps.

I rarely hit a tank with FPoS, and if I do it's a rezzed knight (that probably isn't tanking the current mob).  Just don't see it being all that useful (in raids).  In groups I don't know, usually I'm hitting myself or a caster.

Being able to FPoS myself without retargeting would be nice.. but perhaps they could just make it land on the beastlord that casts it by default, if another (PC) isn't targeted.  I don't know if it's possible to make a single target AA work like that, though.. but it seems to work with group stuff (GBA, Paragon).

Slightly off topic but FPoS should really be instant cast, whether from AA's or just as an upgrade once you get to a certain rank.  It's pretty funny that the very first rank has a 1 second cast time, but it gets bumped up to 2 secs once you "improve" and gain more ranks.

Hzath

Quote from: Hzath on January 13, 2010, 11:20:11 PM
Self only version of focused paragon, it can share a timer and be identical as long as it doesn't change my target.  As often as I focused myself, it gets real old having to F1 and retarget.

I'm with kharthai in that a currently tanking tank doesn't get paragon very often.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Umlat

Was an idea. There are some cases in which I would use it on raids, where any extra healing on the tank that doesn't cost a lot of dps would help. I figured it might be worth discussing, just in case other people were able to add ideas on uses that would make it worth asking for.

Lathon

I have to agree with the others on this I don't cast FpoS on tanks due to them having a load of healers already spamming them, i will hit clerics when asked after a battle rez or just low from spam heals and on my group healer which is always a shaman. However, not to totally negate your idea i would like to see FPoS without a cast timer. This would be especially useful during raids IMO.

wildwaters

I was thinking about a ToT paragon. I just don't see any use for it unless you are paragoning a newly ressed knight who is tanking the mob you are dpsing. /shrugs

Would love instant FPOS on my beastlord.