Main Menu

Modern force requirements?

Started by Old Keg, March 09, 2010, 08:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Keg

Since the game has changed so much since the 1.5 came out(helloooooooooooo, inflation!), I'm just wondering what it takes for this now.

I'm 64 right now, going towards 65, around 150AA.  Have all the defensive AA and double attack AA available, along with paragon.

Do I need to be 65 to start this quest?  Or can I start plowing through it at 64?

Ground drops, almost certainly.  The ailing walrus, likely.
What about the Frantic Ravenous Beast in Maiden''s Eye?
Ravenous Nightstalkers Are easy, got that covered.

The sphinx servants?  At 64, or maybe 65 with a journeyman tier 1 healer merc, will I be okay solo?

What sort of force should I bring for the last two fights?  A couple 80+, or even one well geared 85 should cover it, right?

Do I really need to bring a friend along to western wastes to cast invisibility?

More questions to come. :P

Khauruk

Final fight - yes, that should readily cover it.  Our final fights are pretty trivial.

Starting the quest - I'm guessing 65, but may be wrong.

Maiden's Eye - I found that trivial at 69 or so w/ a couple hundred AA solo.  Current defiant gear is better than what I had, so I think you'll be fine w/ the merc.

Ailing Walrus - it's easy imo to get swamped w/ mobs in that zone, so a couple people might be good (unless you happen to know the zone better than I, and don't run across too many seeinvis).

Servants - sorry, I don't really remember that part much.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

nedoirah

Servants are fairly easy if you bring a friend. A merc might not cover it. Not sure cause I did mine about 4 years ago.

Mazame

I soloed most 1.5 / 2.0 fights with my merc if your 85 and in SoD gear with a T5 merc you should be good .

Camikazi

Quote from: Khauruk on March 09, 2010, 11:39:30 PM
Final fight - yes, that should readily cover it.  Our final fights are pretty trivial.

Starting the quest - I'm guessing 65, but may be wrong.

Maiden's Eye - I found that trivial at 69 or so w/ a couple hundred AA solo.  Current defiant gear is better than what I had, so I think you'll be fine w/ the merc.

Ailing Walrus - it's easy imo to get swamped w/ mobs in that zone, so a couple people might be good (unless you happen to know the zone better than I, and don't run across too many seeinvis).

Servants - sorry, I don't really remember that part much.

Earliest I have done a 1.5 is 50, my SK had his 1.5 and most 2.0 fights done by 55, the only thing is that at that low level chests will not pop, seems they have a higher level requirement.

Blarp

id say u with a cleric merk and a friend with a tank merk can do all the fights NP

Old Keg

At 65?  Even the last two?  Really?  I thought they were originally raid encounters?

nedoirah

Quote from: Old Keg on April 10, 2010, 01:21:34 AM
At 65?  Even the last two?  Really?  I thought they were originally raid encounters?

They were raid encounters. Today I would think they would be more of a single group at 80+. But the Girplan fight might be tougher due to the fact there are so many adds.

Nusa

I originally did my 1.5 back when it was new and I was one of the first beasts on my server to do it, so information was less-than-perfect at the time.
Most of the earlier steps I soloed. Sphinxes I only needed a cleric buddy on.
Dranik Scar I used two groups. For others did it with less than a group, but originally we hadn't figured out how the fight worked.
City of Dranik we made it a raid event for me. We soon trimmed that down to 3 groups for other beasts. The technique at the time was have knights OT 1 or 2 of the adds each and everyone else burn the DDA down with your best tank.

Given level and gear inflation, I could solo all that today at 85. With a merc cleric on the last fight.

Our 2.0 was also darn easy, compared to other classes. Once again I did it when it was fairly new.
I remember using a group for Darkpaw Mistic
Several groups for the Bazu Terror, and that turned out to be tremendous overkill. One decent group would've been enough even then.
One strong group for the final fight (we did manage to split the DDA out of the pack and pull it to zone, which made it easier). [The hardest part at the time was finding the trigger mob up, and it didn't stay up very long so didn't have time to gather many. That's been changed since, trigger mob is easy to find these days.]

Again, I could solo all that no problem today.

wildwaters

What server yah on? I'm sure someone would help yah. I know I would if yer on mine >.<

Old Keg

Emarr.  Been playing a lot of StarCraft 2 and not a lot of EQ recently though-still need to finish the camp stuff. :|

Vidyne

Shoot me a tell if I'm on and I can try to help ya.
Not sure if I can solo it all, but I was doing ok kiting it at 75 if memory serves on the last fight, while pet killed an add at a time.... but never got it perfect to win.
I'd be more afraid of the Girplans than the final fight, but I'm pretty sure they will be trivial as well for myself, just have not done it in so long.

I'm just a rusty beastlord in mostly T5 SoD with some T6 UF, and still about 80aa shy of maxing though.

Camping the Maiden's Eye part and the Ailing Walrus will be your biggest timesinks if memory serves.  Sometimes its a problem to get the drop in disease if Fabled are still up when you embark on it.  I remember duoing the sphinxes with a druid if memory serves at 70 or 75.  Cazic Thule requires just efficient dps all the way up, but at 85, it should be overkill.