Main Menu

Returning 72 BST

Started by Firriann, July 01, 2011, 12:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firriann

Hi guys

I've been gone from the EQ world for 3 years or so, I've noticed a lot of really cool changes since coming back a few weeks ago. But now I'm at an impasse. I can solo MPG just fine, but exp is kind of on the slow side. I've tried RSS with a healer merc but it takes too long to kill stuff (too many healers). I don't come close to dying in RSS with the merc healer, even with 2 mobs on me. I'm trying to find other areas that I could grind regular exp solo (or with merc). I sometimes have a friend rogue with me (she's level 68 now) also.

Here's my EQPlayers link: Linky
Firriann Tailchaser - 72 Beasty
Lynia Tsukikage - 75 Ranja
The Tribunal Server

Zorthaz

I would hit the HOT (exp) zones.  You should start in BoT and speed kill light blues.  If BoT is packed move over to Tactics (Drunder) and kill around the outside of the pit.  If that is too easy you can always head downstairs or even upstairs.  The nice thing is they are easy to get to from PoK.  Hit the bazaar if you haven't already.  There are lots of upgrades available.  Let us know how you fare.
-Z-
Savage Lord Zorthaz - 110 - Scaled Wolf herder - Tunare

Firriann

I'm mostly CoA geared and a few other raid items that I forget the name, and over 800 AAs. There's not many upgrades I can get from the bazaar that isn't required 75+. Not to mention I don't have any plat to afford those items =P
The Tribunal Server

nedoirah

Try hitting Farm in Dragonscale hills. Easy pulls and not to hard kills. I think they will con white or DB to you at 72 may even be yellow. Since you're mostly CoA geared and probably around 10-12k hp unbuffed and 3k ac (I'd assume) that camp shouldn't be too hard for you. If that spot doesn't work for you, try sunderrock springs at the steam elementals just east of the direwind zoneline. There are 2 camps in that area. the upper camp and the lower camp. The hotsprings areas have easy pulls for just about anyone and the steam elementals don't hit that hard. They should be lb/db con to you at 72, maybe white.

Khauruk

PoFire c2 if you can find it open is *the* best xp zone at that level.  Most xp/hitpoint, no pulls needed, hit very weak, no funny stuff.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Firriann

Thanks for the suggestions guys. So far, DSH (but I couldn't get the farm, perma camped there), PoF and PoEarth cause of the double exp, and chance to get the ball of clay, have been the most profitable as far as exp goes. RSS still gives me good exp as well, and now that I got both raven's claw and Bite of the Asp, it's easier to take them. At the res/sum camp, I was getting about 1.5% a kill and it was pretty mindless with the merc. I've also tried Icefall and I can solo the wolves pretty easily for about the same exp as RSS was giving me but without needing a merc.
The Tribunal Server

Hzath

If you do icefall try the spiders. 
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.