Main Menu

Best priest for Bst/SK trio?

Started by Azire, March 23, 2010, 12:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azire

I know the cleric has the best heals and the shm has some nice buffs but I am wondering how the druid would be in this combo. Ports are a plus for someone thats 3 boxing, at least for me. I am wondering how well a druid heals these days? And should I even go with a healer? Would another class be better? Right now my play time is down to Sat and Sun mornings so I dont have alot of time to invest so I want to go with the best choice. Your info and/or advice is appreciated!

wildwaters

With that set ups and mercs taking up the slack go for shaman

Khauruk

If you intend to stay in group content, I don't know that I would play a healer at all...you can do a lot w/ 3 mercs.  A mage would be a great addition to that duo, however, or a bard.

I would have some trouble deciding between druid and sham for this...main difference in my eyes being Virulent paralysis for ghetto cc which is >>> druid knockback root/regular root vs. exodus/ports.  Druid is able to dps better also.  Tough call for me, but either will be very good.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Old Keg

On a less complicated note, how good is the beast/SK combination?

Azire

Hard for me to say right now since my SK is no where near my beast but it looks like a good combo. Tank, slows, pulls, etc. However, SK/Shm/Mag looks to be the best trio. To bad I have a beast main.

Khauruk

Quote from: Old Keg on March 29, 2010, 11:01:57 PM
On a less complicated note, how good is the beast/SK combination?

Find/PM wildwaters here or on the SK boards...he's been running with it for some time.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

nedoirah

Quote from: Azire on March 29, 2010, 11:55:25 PM
Hard for me to say right now since my SK is no where near my beast but it looks like a good combo. Tank, slows, pulls, etc. However, SK/Shm/Mag looks to be the best trio. To bad I have a beast main.

If you want ports and the spell casting abilities, I would use a wizard as long as you're careful with the nukes and not draw agro away from your tank. Presently I'm using my bst main to level my (lvl 81 w/ over 600 aa) shaman and would use my (lvl 70 w/ 10 aa) wizard if my comp could handle the 3 accounts.

Hzath

Sk/bst combo works much better with the SK as the "main" toon.  Merc healers can be really retarded at times, and bringing up an alt SK can be difficult trying to rely on a bst to tank named mobs for upgrades when the SK is still a baby.  This is speaking from experience duoing with a friend on his SK alt, but I imagine the problems we had would apply to boxing the team.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Blarp

well For underfoot i made a sham. not my 1sy chose but i can make potions this way.

i would go cleric, the group heals are needed with UF ae's  merks dont g heal from what i have sean.

wildwaters

SK/Beast is still ok. It's not as good as it was during SoD because you just don't get the dps you need to grind UF mobs. Paragon and slows still let you go for a long time without having to stop though. Lately I've been running sk/necro/necro hehe. Hzath is right though it works much better with SK as main.

If you want my opinion drop the priest idea. Get the SK really solid (camp all ac augs and the best group gear available and get lots of aa through swarm killing) and then add a necro, mage or wizard. Having three mercs on three different settings is more than enough healing except for the real AE intensive fights. That being said even on the AE fights you can squeek by with sk running all his oh shit abilities (VoD and epic, Deflection, HT, LT, Spire, glyph of destruction and Coa BP, Life tap, life tap, life tap, Leech curse, Unholy aura etc.)

If you can get some boom boom dps in your set up you'll plow UF content.

Camikazi

Quote from: Blarp on March 31, 2010, 09:31:42 PM
well For underfoot i made a sham. not my 1sy chose but i can make potions this way.

i would go cleric, the group heals are needed with UF ae's  merks dont g heal from what i have sean.

Mercs can group heal, they just have no sense of when to do it, so use it rarely and very stupidly when they actually do cast it.

Blarp

i see, i yet to see it go off with 3 merks on all 3 settings in T9 zones  i can tank T9 nameds( melee  none ae'ers) with 3 merks but any ae eats my  box combo up.

so im dropping my wizzy it will be BSt( tank/ main DPS)  Ench shammy

it wil work just fine.

wildwaters

Hehe I did rockomancer tonight and my necro got tore up on the second ae LOL

The thing I had the most issue with in boxing sk/bst/cleric btw is that both sk and beast need alot of attention off the bat. Trying to hit aggro and slows and pet and then healing makes my headache factor sky rocket. It's doable but it is so much more pleasurable focusing on 1-2 toons while just hitting macro hotkeys on the last one. Thus the advantages of a caster dps. Plus dps is king in UF.

One thing to note is that even though they nerfed DC pulling SKs are still pretty cool pullers. Get the hates attraction and damageless snare aa asap and you have a tool that (combined with rigor mortis disc, FD) will let you pull really easily. I won't tell you the exact mechanics but hates attraction flings the mob in the air and makes him land on your head >.<