Main Menu

New AAs on Test!!!

Started by Hzath, April 01, 2010, 07:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catnip_Inny

Quote from: Bumkus on April 16, 2010, 04:30:57 PM
Quote from: bradam on April 16, 2010, 04:13:09 PM
You guys notice pretty much everything resists Chameleon Strike?  Haven't tried it out side of UF T8 zones yet tho
I got a lot of resists in Old Bloodfileds last night, but I heard on Sony forums that deagro portion is unresistable, so you still get benefit if resisted.

But I don't know what the second part of the AA does.  It is supposed to reduce the damage added by further attacks.  does this only apply to melee aggro?

funny that our new shiny ability gets resisted all the time... thanks sony :)

whether or not the deaggro portion works shouldnt matter really... why give it a second function if its not gonna work on group lvl content :)... you really have to wonder sometimes what goes through the devs minds...

Grbage

Quote from: Catnip_Inny on April 16, 2010, 04:35:28 PM
Quote from: Mazame on April 12, 2010, 10:52:48 PM
4) as a escape  it great if your not on the top of the hate list and you know a wipe is coming you can flop
If you are top on the hate list nothing you could do in the past would save you so this is a nice improvement over nothing

does basic FD/PP fail if your cast on with an AE? if so kinda makes this a lot less useful on raids as an escape tool.  most mobs have some form of AE and im wondering if we are going to hit PP and think were safe then go SPLAT :)

also,

not sure if someome posted this yet but the fail msg seems to be "has fallen to the ground", when I dont get that msg and I just get the "you play dead" msg I know it worked.

I've never played my necro on raids, just soloing and grouping. He doesn't have the aa's to keep spells from breaking FD but here's what happens. I pull more then 1 mob, I flop, non casting mob stops, casting mob completes cast, I get hit then non casting mob comes for me again. So, it looks to me like it does drop me from the agro list until the spell lands and you are put right back on the list. My guess is it puts you back on the list at the prox agro amount.

If it works the same for us we will be dropped down the agro list but will still end up dying in a wipe situation when ae's are flying.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Mazame

Fd/pp  AE will still hit you. this is more of a deaggro tool then an escape tool.

when I know mobs are casters I get out of LOS before using so far this has saved me more time then when I go splat.

Hzath

So lucy finally updated, seems Chamelon Strike has an outrageously high 3400 agro drop with 20 second refresh.  The skill attack is 110, a bit less than forray but more than I would have guessed.

So our deagro went from 3500/60seconds = 58.33 hate dropped assuming you hit Asp/Raven every time they popped to...

3500/50 + 3400/20 = 240 hate dropped per second, assuming you spam them as they pop.

Quadrupled, before FD is even considered. 

I stand by my initial position that we received a ridiculous amount of deagro, and that possum should have been made into a reliable escape.

However, it does work well to split mobs if you have a partner or group ready to tag.  Let's enjoy the new pulling utility, I guess.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Catnip_Inny

Quote from: Mazame on April 16, 2010, 10:39:19 PM
Fd/pp  AE will still hit you. this is more of a deaggro tool then an escape tool.

when I know mobs are casters I get out of LOS before using so far this has saved me more time then when I go splat.

LOL funny how Devs said this was intended as an escape tool!

Nusa

That's true of FD or Fade in any form for any class that has it...AE's  or casts-in-progress break it. Nothing new there. Only difference is the primary FD classes get to retry sooner.

It is an escape tool....you just have to know how to use it.

It is a aggro-reducing tool...that's the simplest use.

It is a pulling tool, way inferior to monks, but still useable in the simple cases...you just have to know how to use it. Note that mobs hate you and your pet separately and theres no transfer when you're FD...and yes, you can grab a tail-end mob with your pet while waiting for the rest of the mobs to lose aggro on you. Necros have known this for ages. Of course, in UF that's likely to cost you the pet if a real tank isn't there to grab it...but it'll still live long enough to make the pull.

FD is more versatile than Fade, in my opinion.

Zunar

Well my feeling is we got something very good here, where most other classes got nothing.
I like Chameleon Strike, although I still manage to gank agro when I'm chaining all my spells on occasion...It still helps alot.

Fade would have most likely been on a 15min refresh timer, like rangers have with cover tracks.
I for one wouldn't wanna trade this FD we have now into a 15min timer fade...this we have now offers more utility.
Instead would be nice to work on geting pet FD AA too next.

I like being able to safely AFK in a zone with FD, knowing you won't be trained to death when u come back.
I like being able to flop when group/raid is wiping to save yourself, and in group even pop a merc to recover the group.
It's nice as an escape, or means to travel in older content, instead of plowing through mobs.
In it's own limited way it allows us to split mobs, when there is no puller around to do it...making us able to try things instead of siting in GH cuz you can't get a puller to do it.
My 2 cp.

kharthai

Quote from: Zunar on April 17, 2010, 10:08:30 AM
Well my feeling is we got something very good here, where most other classes got nothing.

Agreed, pretty much.  I'd like some AA's to increase success rate still, maybe with next expansion.  Pet FD I don't really care about one way or the other.

Lathon

Quote from: kharthai on April 17, 2010, 02:49:06 PM
Quote from: Zunar on April 17, 2010, 10:08:30 AM

Agreed, pretty much.  I'd like some AA's to increase success rate still, maybe with next expansion.  Pet FD I don't really care about one way or the other.

AA's into success rate and something to be able to eat an AE/spell and not lose fd would be a huge plus.

As for pet FD, I agree Karthai... with pet hold and /focus ability there should be no real reason to lose your pet unless you are actively engaged and things go bad. It's easier to unsuspend a new pet if one died than to med up from a wipe due to a failed FD. I can name a lot more adjustments that can be made before thinking about adding a pet FD...